News NEW HQ: ROYAL HALL OF INDUSTRIES & Showring Oval Upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

It can have multiple uses. Coaches can use it to explain and walk out new tactics on a smaller scale (positioning etc) without having to go over to an actual oval.

Mostly it will be used for warmups before training and matches and other training drills that don’t require being outside.

Also it can be converted to a Netball Court I believe for the Swifts and their training.

EDIT: No there is a separate Netball Court that has been built.
Yeah right.

When is RHI HQ going to open? I think it was due to be this month but I haven't heard anything recently, so maybe it's running behind schedule?

When is RHI HQ going to open? I think it was due to be this month but I haven't heard anything recently, so maybe it's running behind schedule?
it might have been this month, but given all the rain & Covid delays I'm pretty sure we're talking early next year. I can see it being completed before the next season starts.

Fund raising effort for the Hall of Industries - get to it people.

People kept their memberships over COVID, surely that's donation enough. Don't love the begging for donations from the club that they've done this year.

It’s a donation, you can choose to provide financial support or not.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I understand that that's how donations work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume people realise that something being tax deductible just means you get 30-40% of the amount back, not the full amount. Surely?
I think we are, for the most part, all functional adults.

I think we are, for the most part, all functional adults.

Just returning the favour after someone informed me that donations are voluntary. :) Matt seemed to suggest that it being tax deductible (which I actually don't think is true as the Swans are not a charity) makes it fine.

Just returning the favour after someone informed me that donations are voluntary. :) Matt seemed to suggest that it being tax deductible (which I actually don't think is true as the Swans are not a charity) makes it fine.
Swans have confirmed the donations are tax deductible, so that would be from where he got the info. If i were to hazard a guess I'd say the monies were going to the Sydney Swans Foundation.

Swans have confirmed the donations are tax deductible, so that would be from where he got the info. If i were to hazard a guess I'd say the monies were going to the Sydney Swans Foundation.

As they're going to the construction or development of the training facilities I'm not quite sure how they get away with that but fair enough.

I am an adult and do know how donations work in regards to tax time. I would suspect most people do.

I am an adult and do know how donations work in regards to tax time. I would suspect most people do.

Which part of "returning the favour" after someone explained donations are voluntary did you miss?

a partnership with Hoops Capital, a multi-faceted basketball enterprise and owner of the Sydney Kings and Sydney Flames. The agreement will see the establishment of Hoops Capital East alongside the new Sydney Swans HQ at the Royal Hall of Industries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back