New leadership group

Remove this Banner Ad

Jy and LMac Co captains

Larkey vice

Bmac, Jack, ldu, zurhaar, corr in the leadership group. Could also see Hugh in this group

What constitutes leadership? One should ask oneself.
While those mentioned can all football as we say, it doesn't mean they are all leaders. Or ready to lead, having experienced what it all looks like to be a leader.

( From)
Jy
Cunners
Goldy
Logue
Shiels
Tucker

Mine is
Captain jy
Vice LDU,Benny McKay,Luke Mc,larkey

Yep i like this too. Not sure why but i sense Benny Mac is rated really highly as a player but not so much as a leader. Maybe because he's seems to be very quiet and doesn't do much (any) media. I could be totally wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rekn Jack will still be in the leadership group (as he should be IMO), just not captain.
I hope Jack isn't on the leadership group. He'll struggle to get a game to be really honest. It's time we moved so the new captain has a fresh start under our new off field leadership team.

I hope Jack isn't on the leadership group. He'll struggle to get a game to be really honest. It's time we moved so the new captain has a fresh start under our new off field leadership team.
I understand. I agree in that I don’t think he will always be best 22 (all things going well). However he still is our best, if not our second best off-field leader. I see it as a support role for Jy.

It’s easy to focus on what Jack did on-field this year which wasn’t great, but people forget just how good he was in the media when the noble stuff was burning around him. I love Jy and he should be captain next year, but anyone that thinks he could have handled those interviews as well as Jack did is dreaming.

I actually think Luke McDonald would be a great choice. Royal blue and white blood in his veins since birth💙🤍

Captain:
Jy Simpkin

Leadership Group:
Luke Davies-Uniacke
Ben McKay
Luke McDonald
Cam Zurhaar

So we had the annual work awards lunch. The guest speaker was Joel Selwood, he was there to chat about his experiences leading a successful team.
As an aside he knows nothing about life outside of a footy club. Nothing.
I found that a real eye opener, he didn't come across as the brightest spark I'd ever met. That of course doesn't matter, he does seem to a be a decent guy. Anyways, he believes performance is what makes good leaders.

Not preparation or adversity, or effort to be your very best and lead by that example. But getting it 35 times.

So I walked away thinking Geelong have been successful, but it aint down to leadership. Just individual drive and ability.

So lets not have a leadership group, cause well Geelong didn't have one.

oh well

So we had the annual work awards lunch. The guest speaker was Joel Selwood, he was there to chat about his experiences leading a successful team.
As an aside he knows nothing about life outside of a footy club. Nothing.
I found that a real eye opener, he didn't come across as the brightest spark I'd ever met. That of course doesn't matter, he does seem to a be a decent guy. Anyways, he believes performance is what makes good leaders.

Not preparation or adversity, or effort to be your very best and lead by that example. But getting it 35 times.

So I walked away thinking Geelong have been successful, but it aint down to leadership. Just individual drive and ability.

So lets not have a leadership group, cause well Geelong didn't have one.

oh well

He certainly had a few head knocks didn't he

I'd rather still have Ben McKay part of the leadership group than to have Luke McDonald remain as the Captain.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back