Teams New York Giants - The G-Men

Remove this Banner Ad

Big offseason coming up.
Do we think that Barkely will stay? Personally i think we should let him go. RB is void and easy to replace.
Jones is interesting....I think we will trade up to get a top 3 pick & draft a QB.

I’d sign Wilson and trade into the top 3 to get a top QB
Wilson will play on minimum contract so cutting Jones won’t stink so much
That gives the young qb time to develop

I’d sign Wilson and trade into the top 3 to get a top QB
Wilson will play on minimum contract so cutting Jones won’t stink so much
That gives the young qb time to develop
Unless you're getting a trade for DJ, there's no way we have the cap space to do that. It's just wasted money.

I like Wilson, but it's no coincidence, that he began to struggle once he no longer had a decent OL to play behind. Sure, the hand injury didn't help, but I would bank on him recapturing any of his past form.

Barkley and McKinney gone. Burns, Singletary, Runyan & Eleumunor added so far (trades pending on the first too obviously).

I was a Saquon fan from first to last, but even I can see it was the best move. McKinney I liked too, but can't afford to pay safeties big money if it need to be spent elsewhere. Same goes for running backs too I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

24 hours out and I still don't have any inkliing on what the FO will do. I think a trade up is long odds unless it's with Arizona at 4. But I think it would be irresponsible to trade multiple draft picks (including future picks) when there are so many other gaps in the roster. Gonna be interesting if either Maye or McCarthy are still avialable at 6. I think there's a few teams that will be keen to move up.

24 hours out and I still don't have any inkliing on what the FO will do. I think a trade up is long odds unless it's with Arizona at 4. But I think it would be irresponsible to trade multiple draft picks (including future picks) when there are so many other gaps in the roster. Gonna be interesting if either Maye or McCarthy are still avialable at 6. I think there's a few teams that will be keen to move up.
McCarthy thinks he'll be drafted by the Giants. Some talk that the Giants are sniffing around trying to trade for Aiyuk also.

McCarthy thinks he'll be drafted by the Giants. Some talk that the Giants are sniffing around trying to trade for Aiyuk also.
I don't know how we could afford him given what Detroit just paid their WR.

I'm not sure how keen the Mara's are about trading draft capital after paying DJ last year. Depends on in Schoen feels the Sonny Weaver Jr pressure. It could all be a smokescreen to attract a huge offer if JJ is still available at 6. Whether Schoen is that skilled at 3D chess remains to be seen.

Personally I would prefer to stick it out with a year of Jones & Lock and boost other areas. There's an interesting article on BigBlueView demonstrating how throwing highly-rated QB's like Rosen,Darnold and Wilson into teams without decent O-line and recieving corps is fraught.

I don't know how we could afford him given what Detroit just paid their WR.

I'm not sure how keen the Mara's are about trading draft capital after paying DJ last year. Depends on in Schoen feels the Sonny Weaver Jr pressure. It could all be a smokescreen to attract a huge offer if JJ is still available at 6. Whether Schoen is that skilled at 3D chess remains to be seen.

Personally I would prefer to stick it out with a year of Jones & Lock and boost other areas. There's an interesting article on BigBlueView demonstrating how throwing highly-rated QB's like Rosen,Darnold and Wilson into teams without decent O-line and recieving corps is fraught.
They would play around with how much Aiyuk gets this year, low amount, pay him a big chunk next year when Jones contract is off the books and you're only paying a rookie to play QB. . According to Pretty Rickey the Giants have no intention of playing Jones this year, too much at risk with an injury guarantee on his contract. He thinks it's option 1: Rookie QB option 2: Drew Lock.

They would play around with how much Aiyuk gets this year, low amount, pay him a big chunk next year when Jones contract is off the books and you're only paying a rookie to play QB. . According to Pretty Rickey the Giants have no intention of playing Jones this year, too much at risk with an injury guarantee on his contract. He thinks it's option 1: Rookie QB option 2: Drew Lock.
The assumption there is that they've ruled a line through him completely. I'm not convinced of that. Although I can see how that might work. Also unlikely to be playing Waller.

This time is year, everyone has an inside source or read on things.

The assumption there is that they've ruled a line through him completely. I'm not convinced of that. Although I can see how that might work. Also unlikely to be playing Waller.

This time is year, everyone has an inside source or read on things.
PR did say if they have no other options (ie: dont get a QB in the draft, Lock gets injured etc) they would play him but yes, his word is the franchise is completely done with him, ownership, management and the coach all on the same page despite what they might say publicly about Jones still being a starter this year.

He's not just an opinion either, he has sources, best and most accurate info on twitter. Breaks things before all the big names constantly. Follow him if you don't , especially since you are both Giants fans

Got off Twitter some time ago. Too poisonous. But will take your word for it.

I admit to not being much of a salary cap wonk, but have just done a bit of reading in the injury clause. If they are done with him, they can't play him, unless they absolutely have to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back