New Zealand vs England 2017/18 (5 ODIs, 2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to think that Cook was just the victim of an unusually high amount of ripper deliveries - I suppose as an opener he might - but like Ian Bell who I had the same suspicion about, it can’t be a coincidence, it’s obviously a flaw

He’s got heart, bowls a heavy ball, he’s fit, and when he wants to he bowls with considerable skill but my god Neil wagner is one dimensional. It has me buggered in this age with the protection players have, now a top order batsman can get out to it, barring attempts to hook him out of the ground

I used to think that Cook was just the victim of an unusually high amount of ripper deliveries - I suppose as an opener he might - but like Ian Bell who I had the same suspicion about, it can’t be a coincidence, it’s obviously a flaw

If your stuck on the crease any kind of movement is accentuated.

This has just been an unmitigated disaster for England. Hard to see Vince and Ali especially retaining their spots at home, stoneman has shown the temperament but little else. And they may well be without Stokes again at some point.

Really good from Bairstow. They can't afford to be stuffing him around down the order anymore either, he's probably not that far away from being their best batsman right now. He needs to be at 5 permanently with Foakes taking the gloves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrific innings from Bairstow. Great start by the bowlers.

How's this for a turnaround ?

Not getting carried away. Williamson is such a class act. This situation is made for him.

Great knock from Watling, along with Bairstow he's probably the best keeper batsman in world cricket, de Kock is a talented batsman too but isn't as reliable.

Broad has probably bought himself the first home series of the northern summer here

Was his place ever in doubt? He didn't have a great Ashes series but he's still a high quality test bowler and with Anderson on his last legs they can't afford to lose him.

Great knock from Watling, along with Bairstow he's probably the best keeper batsman in world cricket, de Kock is a talented batsman too but isn't as reliable.

Was his place ever in doubt? He didn't have a great Ashes series but he's still a high quality test bowler and with Anderson on his last legs they can't afford to lose him.

De Kock is streets ahead of both. Sorry but it’s true.

Not only is he more destructive, he scores 50+ at just over once every 3 innings.

The other two average a 50 every 4.25 innings.

They are neither as talented, nor as reliable.

And that comes after a slump in which De Kock has passed 50 only twice in 12 knocks.

Re. Broad, there were a few whispers that he might be in a bit of bother - he had done three quarters of f*** all over the last 6 tests.

Averages aren't everything, I can't recall de Kock playing a gutsy knock like Watling did today after the top order collapsed, he is the cream on the cake type.

Hahahahahahaha you mean you can’t remember the 80 he made last summer at 5-70 in Perth (they won) or the century he made at 5-100 at Hobart? Or the test he won against NZ with his side in all sorts last summer?

Do some research Plugger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back