Prediction Next Coach Sacked (2024 edition)

Next coach sacked

• GWS- Adam Kingsley - Oct 2022

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Many of us think that the game has passed him, and did so years ago. However it’s not just a Bev problem, it’s a top down club problem of culture
Sometimes when a coach has been there to long, things can get stale so to speak.

We had the same thing with Brad Scott towards the end.

Rhys Shaw....

Stepped away for personal reasons. Not at all the same.

This has already been debunked. Clearly I was asking for another.

But you can’t hide us one, can you? I wonder why?

I’d invite you to try again but it seems you can’t do it and simply resort to personal insults.

Bevos tactics are so outdated. A forward line with the weapons we have should be extremely dangerous. Consistently seeing naughton, weightman and jamarra launch for the same high bomb is infuriating

Sometimes when a coach has been there to long, things can get stale so to speak.
It's a point too many people ignore.

Coaches can still be "good", but in need of a different environment; sometimes the relationship just runs it course

I'd put Adam Simpson in this bucket. Wouldn't last a second on the open market, but should probably call it a day at West Coast.

It's a bit weird that a 50 point loss (where the opponent racked up 40 scoring shots to 20 so really it should have been bigger) heaps less pressure on a coach than one coming off a 45 point loss to the premiers from just two years ago and still a decent side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ometimes when a coach has been there to long, things can get stale so to speak.

When you have someone in a position surrounded by sycophants change is resisted and the status quo remains

It's a bit weird that a 50 point loss (where the opponent racked up 40 scoring shots to 20 so really it should have been bigger) heaps less pressure on a coach than one coming off a 45 point loss to the premiers from just two years ago and still a decent side.
expectations I guess.

People expect Dogs to be top 4.

People expect us to be bottom.

Also People know Simmo is contracted and we're tight with cash so will see him out then pick a new coach.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aside from the difference in expectation levels, at least some of it is down to list quality (at least at the top end) and experience.

Bevo has possibly the best player in the comp, one of the best inside mids in the comp, the AA ruck (although god knows how he got that when he can barely win a tap when it matters), a handful of other established AFL players in the half back and midfield lines, and what should be one of the more exciting and potent forward lines in the comp at his disposal - and this crap is what he's dishing up.

From my perspective, it's also about the repeated refusal to address any of the deficiencies in the way the team plays which have been evident since Melbourne ran away with the GF. Gawn, Oliver and Petracca continue to play exactly how they want with no real obstacle put in their way. It's embarrassing to watch. God knows what a really good ball movement team with a decent forward line will do.

It's a point too many people ignore.

Coaches can still be "good", but in need of a different environment; sometimes the relationship just runs it course

I'd put Adam Simpson in this bucket. Wouldn't last a second on the open market, but should probably call it a day at West Coast.

Absolutely spot on

Has been the case for a couple of years at least for Simmo imo

expectations I guess.

People expect Dogs to be top 4.

People expect us to be bottom.

Also People know Simmo is contracted and we're tight with cash so will see him out then pick a new coach.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dogs top 4? Look at their bottom 5 players - all spuds. They have great top end talent but their bottom players aren't afl standard

Back