Toast Nic Naitanui - 200 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that he's come back from 2 knee recos and will probably win back to back BnFs and won AA last year is pretty remarkable.

He's become such a consistently good grunt player as he's had to evolve his game. You rarely see the big marks and flashy goals from his early days but he does so much good work in close and his tapwork is elite as ever.

Worth his weight in gold both for the unparalleled on field impact but also the sheer volume of opposition piss boiling.

One of the best clearance players in football, not in his position but in the league, makes us so much better, has won a few games off his own boot for good measure and the highlight reel is fantastic, but has also been replaced but week in week out dominance.

A shoe in for back to back B+F.

Anyone who thinks he isn’t our most crucial player is a bitter oppo supporting mug. 200 games for an athletic giant who had two knee recos is ridiculous. Love the boy. Wish he took more uncontested marks on the back flank though.

Criticism of Nic Nat does my head in.

He's an inside midfielder that just happens to be 200cm and the best tap ruckman in the game. Judge him by what he is, not by what he's not.

Would love to see him retire a premiership player. Looks as unlikely as ever right now, but things can turn around quickly.

I bought his kids book just so I could meet the big fella and get his autograph ... Then I bought copies for my son and nephew too so it didn't look too weird :$

Superstar.

Congrats big man. The biggest cult and club favourite we have ever had and appears to be an awesome guy aswell. Was crucial to our 2018 flag and once injured just kept up the positivity and helped off field.

Still remember in his first or second year seeing him drive down leach hwy in a small datsun I think, dreads were on the dash it just looked hilarious. The way hes playing at the moment, he could go another 3 years easy and by god we need him. Will be THE saddest day when our Nic Nat retires so lets just appreciate the big man in full flight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a terrific human being in general. The guy has overcome a lot in his career both through injury and personal tragedy.

Never lost his humility or sense of humour through all of it. Had the absolute pleasure of chatting with him briefly once and he's someone you just want to wish all the good things in the world for.

Deserves a cup to finish his career as he's carried that sorry, lazy midfield for years now. They need to pull their fingers out and start playing to their potential for the big fella.

No need to gild the lily here, the man’s football, the man’s character speaks for itself.

I’m not cute when it comes to my favourites, I vie between Nic Nat and Kennedy - the champions I’ve seen longest as an adult. Naitanui is the most dynamic player I’ve ever seen and he’s always had an ability to do freaky, athletic things that no one else his size has ever done, in the history of the game.

But as he’s matured, he’s become a smart, hyper skilled player - who creates play. He’s the best, most aggressive, tap ruckman I’ve ever seen and he’s now turned himself into the biggest body inside mid you could ask for - apologies to Darling.

Naitanui will be the Stephen Michael of my generation, regaling our children with increasingly tall tales of individual brilliance.

Genuine good bloke. Has pushed through his share of adversity and continues to deal with more than his fair share of vile s**t directed at him by ignorant idiots. Absolute shame that he’s playing near career best footy and the rest of the place is seemingly adrift.

Surely we can get it over the line for a genuine Eagles champion. I think the old guard will lift.

Naitanui —> Shuey —> Kennedy

Great to see the big man notch 200. Faced adversity on and off the field, been one of the most recognisable Australian sports players since he was drafted, continued to stay humble, work on his craft, adapt with the game and now taking pride in passing on his knowledge as those before him did.

If the rest of the 22 could kindly stand up and get this bloke a Dub that would be great.

Congrats Nicnat on reaching 200 games.

I was so happy when the club chose you over Daniel Rich ..
So many happy memories you’ve given me ..

*Hurry up and get cracking on producing a few sons mate ..

Our heart and soul. An amazing footballer, but even more so, a sincere, kind, compassionate, genuine human being. It has been a privilege to watch him grow and develop into such a fine leader of our great club. I desperately wish he could have got that premiership that he so richly deserved.
Hope his teammates lift for him this week as he has always done for them every time he steps foot on the field. #9 ❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back