No non-Vic team has defeated a Vic team in the Grand Final without list or salary cap concessions

Remove this Banner Ad

No, I want to eliminate confounding factors.

I'd also want to gather those numbers competition-wide, over a solid period.

s**t teams that are beaten as soon as they step on a plane are a confounding factor.

You really are taking this poorly. If you'd refused to attend the game because the odds were stacked against you, you might've had some credibility. I think the mentality that led to the Crows booking a seat on the plane for the premiership cup extended to some of their supporters, who thought the flag was a fait accompli. You're coming across like a big baby.

s**t teams that are beaten as soon as they step on a plane are a confounding factor.

You really are taking this poorly. If you'd refused to attend the game because the odds were stacked against you, you might've had some credibility. I think the mentality that led to the Crows booking a seat on the plane for the premiership cup extended to some of their supporters, who thought the flag was a fait accompli. You're coming across like a big baby.

Do you know when I checked out of the grand final?

When we were 28-15 up.

You've waited a long time to see your team win the premiership, but you know also that I'm correct, and it illegitimises it for you, and that hurts because you waited so damn long. These biases objectively exist and you know that - because you know what it's like travelling to an interstate stadium and moving the ball with unrecognisable method, getting murdered by the umpires, who are affected by the crowd, and affected by the media. Those experiences are in your mind, quietly and unconsciously, but you want that premiership to be in a bubble because you've waited so long.

I get that. And I'm sorry because that shouldn't happen. We should have a better comp than that.

Richmond didn't book a seat on the plane for the premiership cup because they didn't have a plane to travel on.

When it was West Coast vs Sydney I'd suspect both clubs made arrangements for the cup.

Hm.

It seems the bad sportsmanship from some supporters lately must be from the ‘millennial generation’ who have never learnt to lose or be good sports. They sound like entitled, perennial, persecuted victims, but wouldn’t know what that even looked like because they have no sense of history.
In a sporting sense those that have followed their teams for decades without seeing a flag ‘get it’ but some followers of some teams think they are so ‘entitled’ and deserve to be in the finals every year and a premiership every decade. And sook up if it doesn’t go their way.

you know also that... it illegitimises it for you

That's the purpose of this never-ending succession of threads - to discredit our win. It does nothing of the sort. The tears are fantastic, they're a reminder that other clubs' supporters wouldn't have the ticker to endure what we have, let alone emerge stronger for it.

We had luck with the fixture, luck with injuries, luck with the MRP and luck with the umpires on the day. Pound for pound, we're not even all that good. Yet we are the premiers, now and forever. I derive great enjoyment from knowing it hurts you so.

No, I want to eliminate confounding factors.

I'd also want to gather those numbers competition-wide, over a solid period.

Over the last 20 years, Victorian teams have won 62% of games in Victoria against non-Victorian teams.

In the same period, non-Victorian teams have won 62% of games in their home state against Victorian teams.

The better teams win more than their 38% share. This shouldn't come as any great surprise.

In that period, 17/40 (43%) grand finalists have been non-Victorian. Non-Victorian teams have completed 133/333 (40%) seasons, so are marginally over-represented.

In the last 20 years, 8/20 (40%) premiers have been non-Victorian - exactly what you would expect.

Swings and roundabouts...

Last edited:
Except you lost by almost 100 points there last time. And we got ourselves another game coming up at the crowval soon, don't we?

I'm going to hazard a guess that that result will be wildly different again.

Probably a 15-20 goal turnaround.
A game 20 weeks before the grand final is irrelevant

Over the last 20 years, Victorian teams have won 62% of games in Victoria against non-Victorian teams.

In the same period, non-Victorian teams have won 62% of games in their home state against Victorian teams.

The better teams win more than their 38% share. This shouldn't come as any great surprise.

In that period, 17/40 (43%) grand finalists have been non-Victorian. Non-Victorian teams have completed 133/333 (40%) seasons, so are marginally over-represented.

In the last 20 years, 8/20 (40%) premiers have been non-Victorian - exactly what you would expect.

Swings and roundabouts...
I look forward to your complaining if one of the Northern clubs win with academies

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Interstate sides abilities are artificially inflated due to home ground advantages through the H&A and home finals. When the superior team from the other side of the draw beats them they are shocked all of a sudden.

These inferior sides shouldn’t even be as high as they are and are lucky to even be playing in the last day in September

Do you understand how incongruous this statement is? Interstate teams have inflated records cause of home field advantage but Vic teams are just better in finals....nothing to do with MCG home ground advantage huh?

And before the flaming starts, boxes of tissues get handed out, Adelaide's GF performance had nothing to do with where the game was played, we could have played with team tracksuit tops thrown around Faulkner Park to mark the boundary line whilst playing the string section of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and still gotten beaten.

To the opening post, I thought it would have been Richmond this year but someone told me I was wrong but I am looking forward to the next premier (from any state) that wins without any draft concessions or salary cap relief. Who was the last one?

In the successful decade of the 1990's West Coast won 78% of the time in Perth & 52% outside WA.

In the last decade they've won 62% in Perth and 38% outside WA.

Their ability to win away relative to winning at home is more or less equal in both decades. They just do it less frequently now.
So when they had a great team they won more at home and away

Nowadays they win less games at home and away but with still around the same ratio.

What does that prove other than when you’re a good team you win more and when you’re crap you lose. Still have the same differential of h&a % and more likely to win at home than away

What does that prove other than when you’re a good team you win more and when you’re crap you lose. Still have the same differential of h&a % and more likely to win at home than away

It says it's no more difficult to win away than it ever was, it's just that the non-Victorian teams are in a bit of a premiership rut and have gone on a whinge rampage.

Don't think anyone has claimed that it's not a disadvantage to travel. It always was, only you lot are making more noise about it now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It says it's no more difficult to win away than it ever was, it's just that the non-Victorian teams are in a bit of a premiership rut and have gone on a whinge rampage.

Don't think anyone has claimed that it's not a disadvantage to travel. It always was, only you lot are making more noise about it now.
Maybe we should have a review about it

Do you understand how incongruous this statement is? Interstate teams have inflated records cause of home field advantage but Vic teams are just better in finals....nothing to do with MCG home ground advantage huh?

And before the flaming starts, boxes of tissues get handed out, Adelaide's GF performance had nothing to do with where the game was played, we could have played with team tracksuit tops thrown around Faulkner Park to mark the boundary line whilst playing the string section of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and still gotten beaten.

To the opening post, I thought it would have been Richmond this year but someone told me I was wrong but I am looking forward to the next premier (from any state) that wins without any draft concessions or salary cap relief. Who was the last one?

Let me refresh your memory

3C5B54F5-9A36-45EE-B7D6-775BDB4A6079.jpeg

The way it is now the mcg is a much less neutral venue as there are only 2 home grounds for Melbourne sides it becomes harder to win on against more teams

Back in the 90’s West Coast played in grand finals against Geelong with having played a similar amount of games on there as them

The once very neutral mcg now very much favours quite a few vic clubs in finals

I would just like to say that I for one am very much glad that you are making up for that now.

How is it complaining that we EARNED a home final by finishing higher than you?

What about Richmond's whinging earlier in the year about having to play us in Geelong, when it was Geelong's home game, yet you all called radio stations to moan because the bandwagon won't fit in the Simonds Stadium carpark.

Richmond has less right to be arrogant than most. You have ONE good year. Big deal. It doesn't erase the 35 crap years that preceded it.

How is it complaining that we EARNED a home final by finishing higher than you?

What about Richmond's whinging earlier in the year about having to play us in Geelong, when it was Geelong's home game, yet you all called radio stations to moan because the bandwagon won't fit in the Simonds Stadium carpark.

Richmond has less right to be arrogant than most. You have ONE good year. Big deal. It doesn't erase the 35 crap years that preceded it.
Keep it comin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back