MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid melt. Especially coming from a Dees fan

While Dangerfield is a great player he is overrated due to not being THAT damaging with the ball. There's a reason both this and last game swans have let him do what he wants

**** Sydney. They completely abused COLA and are getting yet another free ride with their academy. Why the **** should they get preferential treatment? The league might as well just say they'll get first pick in the draft every year regardless of where they finish.
Mate they've been striped of COLA and even without a year of draft picks they managed to build one of the third youngest sides into what appears to be a Grand Final appearance. Compared to Geelong which acquired four players via trade, thinking they could leap frog into another power era after missing finals last year. I have more respect for the Swans then i do the cats. The cats are as arrogant as they are overrated

Mate they've been striped of COLA and even without a year of draft picks they managed to build one of the third youngest sides into what appears to be a Grand Final appearance. Compared to Geelong which acquired four players via trade, thinking they could leap frog into another power era after missing finals last year. I have more respect for the Swans then i do the cats. The cats are as arrogant as they are overrated
COLA got them buddy and the academy got them Heeney (and Mills). It'd be nice if we could just add those three guys to our line-up.

COLA got them buddy and the academy got them Heeney (and Mills). It'd be nice if we could just add those three guys to our line-up.
They still used draft picks to get them. We got Brayshaw and Petracca so we are fine. The point of it is to grow home grown talent in a state that isn't a old football state and they do throw their own time and money behind it. If we could draft them we may even have to face the possible problems we are having with Hogan and homesickness. GWS i do think have been overdone, but even then it can still be stuffed up as we've seen with the suns

Edit: and Buddy was always trying to escape the state so without Sydney a side like ours was never in contention to sign him either. Everything really has worked out fine, and people are just overreacting. With Cola gone there really isn't any point complaining about the swans anymore

I tell you what, Zak would actually suit us really well on the outside. There's a calmness and class to his disposal that Nath doesn't have naturally.

I tell you what, Zak would actually suit us really well on the outside. There's a calmness and class to his disposal that Nath doesn't have naturally.
I like him a bit even outside of being a Jones.

I want him.

On another note Nathan must be proud but very jelly at the same time. 10 years at our club for nothing but one final in his first year, while his brother a few years on Sydney's list and seemingly look like playing in a GF. He must be resenting his brother while happy for him

Do we really want to create a culture at our club which says it's acceptable for the name Zac to be spelled with a k?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While Dangerfield is a great player he is overrated due to not being THAT damaging with the ball. There's a reason both this and last game swans have let him do what he wants
He's a slightly more explosive Dane Swan

I'd like Z.Jones in a pocket opposite Jetta, think that's where he will eventually play his best footy. Doesn't look that comfortable in midfield to me.

Unfortunately I can see him losing his spot next week, though Hewett picked a bad time for a quiet game so he may make way for McVeigh.

The Swans still had $600k of COLA this year and next year when it's phased out it will effectively be replaced by a "rent subsidy" (same for GWS). I don't really know why people make excuses for them, along with the academies they get a serious leg up on the rest of the competition. Hard to see Sydney or GWS missing finals for the next decade at least.

It's bullshit the swans got Mills and Heeney, however you can't ignore how they have developed blokes lime Allir, Hewitt, Paply , Rampe, Hannebery, Kennedy, Parker, Mitchell etc with late to nothing picks
Their development systems are easily the best in the AFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back