MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s “only” 2 meters tall actually ... but everything else you said is correct.

Could be the best player in the game if he fixes that kicking. I’m not sure if the fact that he doesn’t just miss the goal, but miss the postcode makes it easier or harder to fix tho

He's bloody hit and miss. Couple of his running kicks were shonky as but it was also round 1. Thing is is he is going to put it all together during games and absolutely destroy teams like 7 -12 goals. I also can't hate him for how he laughs off his bad kicks. Bloke genuinely has fun out there.

Again even at 2m tall some of the hangers he takes is ridiculous. I love him your right that if he fixes his kicking he's the best in the game no doubt

He's bloody hit and miss. Couple of his running kicks were shonky as but it was also round 1. Thing is is he is going to put it all together during games and absolutely destroy teams like 7 -12 goals. I also can't hate him for how he laughs off his bad kicks. Bloke genuinely has fun out there.

Again even at 2m tall some of the hangers he takes is ridiculous. I love him your right that if he fixes his kicking he's the best in the game no doubt
I've said it a number of times with Daniher, his problem with his set shots is all about his ball drop. It's a height thing, plenty of players 200+ simply can't kick because there's too much distance from hand to foot.

Everything else he does is simply ridiculous, and if he could kick straight he'd be the best player in the game. But quite frankly, I don't think he ever will be able to. It's not a technique problem, it's a mechanics problem.

I've said it a number of times with Daniher, his problem with his set shots is all about his ball drop. It's a height thing, plenty of players 200+ simply can't kick because there's too much distance from hand to foot.

Everything else he does is simply ridiculous, and if he could kick straight he'd be the best player in the game. But quite frankly, I don't think he ever will be able to. It's not a technique problem, it's a mechanics problem.

Yeah your right. It's why bud arcs out a little because he comes around the ball more and is able to hit it more often. Still he's one of the only non Melbourne players I could watch all day. A bloke his size should be ruck not a speccy taking kick the ball on the run from 60 full forward.

Rayner looks just like Dow. Not ready, but played because he's talented. Why throw kids like that under the bus? Have they learned nothing from us?

You’re catching on! I posted this about two years ago re having two draft picks for the bottom 10 sides before the other 8 clubs enter the draft. As it is, it’s very hit and miss with draft selections and it takes too long for weaker clubs to rebuild. In my opinion anyway.
The AFL also needs to change the season to 17 games. Having a 23 round season with 18 clubs is just incredibly unfair.

You've got more chance of seeing a 34 round season than you do a 17 game season. There are sponsorship and broadcast deals bringing home the bacon that will be expanded, not reduced.

Gold Coast vs Norf in the pissing rain in Cairns. Guaranteed to be a spectacle. The joys of QLD broadcasting...

Bullshit rule being over umpired
Don't blame the umpire, correct interpretation of a bad rule. Payed the free correctly. AFL is the one to blame here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast vs Norf in the pissing rain in Cairns. Guaranteed to be a spectacle. The joys of QLD broadcasting...
It's a good thing i don't give a s**t about QLD footy or Norf

Here's the real question though, which of those two are actually relevant?

Why do people rate Treloar? His last 3 disposals have been handballs of less than 5m, and he's gone at 33% ... disgraceful
I rated him at GWS, was a good inside player. At Collingwood his role seemed to change. Seems to be more about run and carry now than contested footy. Contested work at least made up for his skills, but totally different player at Collingwood

I rated him at GWS, was a good inside player. At Collingwood his role seemed to change. Seems to be more about run and carry now than contested footy. Contested work at least made up for his skills, but totally different player at Collingwood
Yeah spot on mate. He's obviously good when he breaks the line, but if he's not running inside 50 and having a shot, then he's very unlikely to get anywhere near hitting a target by hand and foot.

He can get some big stat numbers, which commentators get carried away with thinking he had a good game, but I think most teams just let him go, because when he's giving it back to you at least 50% of the time, you wouldn't worry too much

Yeah spot on mate. He's obviously good when he breaks the line, but if he's not running inside 50 and having a shot, then he's very unlikely to get anywhere near hitting a target by hand and foot.

He can get some big stat numbers, which commentators get carried away with thinking he had a good game, but I think most teams just let him go, because when he's giving it back to you at least 50% of the time, you wouldn't worry too much
And to prove my point ... he's had 14 disposals (6k, 8h) and is going at 35.7% ... thats a disgrace.

Pies still struggling to convert in their forwardline.
Same issue as last year. Backwards ball movement has been slaughtered by the hawthorn press

Remove this Banner Ad

Back