MFC Fans Only Non-Dees Footy Chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably splitting hairs. This is the best clip I could find comparing the two. Robbo is slurring and Thompson can't sit still. Although I do love that the Essendon supporter who posted it thought it was some kind of incredible own from Thompson.

That convo is literally 5000 Carlton and Collingwood supporters this Sunday night coming at the royal post game.

Yeah I just don't feel this, everyone is always gobbing off how it's the end of the world, few weeks from now if they sack Rutten they'll spin it as a positive and be fine.

I remember when Collingwood let go Treloar and Stephenson there were media types and posters on here saying the club was set back a decade, turns out they went ok.
What's fine? They've been mediocre for 20 years. More of the same aint going to cut it. Until their admin and footy department get's sorted out I don't see much changing.

What's fine? They've been mediocre for 20 years. More of the same aint going to cut it. Until their admin and footy department get's sorted out I don't see much changing.
Yep an they've started a review and gone for a super coach, sounds like they are trying to change.

Ok Caroline Wilson lol. If we were in the same situation I'd be furious if we didn't have a go at Clarkson.
Lol nothing to do with Clarko. I'd have a go at Clarko too if I was Essendon. But if you do that and it gets leaked, then you have to make a call on the existing coach. Clarko was never coming if it meant stepping over Truck.

Lol nothing to do with Clarko. I'd have a go at Clarko too if I was Essendon. But if you do that and it gets leaked, then you have to make a call on the existing coach. Clarko was never coming if it meant stepping over Truck.
Maybe, but I reckon if they sack Rutten and Clarkson picks north everyone still says they embarrassed themselves and ****ed up anyway. No matter what them going for Clarko is gonna look bad when they don't get him

Maybe, but I reckon if they sack Rutten and Clarkson picks north everyone still says they embarrassed themselves and *ed up anyway. No matter what them going for Clarko is gonna look bad when they don't get him
Surely if they sacked him 6 weeks ago and started chats with Clarkson then they give themselves a better shot though.

Surely if they sacked him 6 weeks ago and started chats with Clarkson then they give themselves a better shot though.
Yeah I'm not saying they did it perfect but I think the last 2 weeks with Rutten really shone a light on how bad they're going

Maybe, but I reckon if they sack Rutten and Clarkson picks north everyone still says they embarrassed themselves and *ed up anyway. No matter what them going for Clarko is gonna look bad when they don't get him
The only way it could have worked is to have the last ditch negotiations entirely remain a secret but that would be virtually impossible, but would have protected them from ridicule, but the board division and spill just hung more crapped on washing on display, and they remain at risk of charging down the path of the next hare-brained scheme for as long as Sheedy types lurk in positions of influence. And the can’t get rid of him as a voted board member. The club members will see to that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it's the Ken Hinkley? Dilemma.
Where if they come 2nd in a few coach selections people forget about them
Oh yeah, Kingsley, Scott burns, caracella (who may get a gig still) sumich.

Seems like there are a few that aren't either good enough presenting or something.

So essendon currently have a coach the board appointed on a successor basis, who's only had 2 years in the role. Said coach has spent the past week in a dead seat while reading about someone else taking his job, who then goes to another club.

Coach is then reassured he is still coach for remaining game all the while being contracted for further year, while club tries negotiating his replacement.

It's absolutely farcial. Goody was right in calling it disgraceful.

Ben rutten probably has too much class, but if he just decided to turn his phone off at 3pm tomorrow and head down to the coast, go to some hipster little bar where they don't follow footy and sink piss all arvo instead of coaching, he would be well within his right i reckon.

Couldn't happen to a better sh*tstain of a club either.

So essendon currently have a coach the board appointed on a successor basis, who's only had 2 years in the role. Said coach has spent the past week in a dead seat while reading about someone else taking his job, who then goes to another club.

Coach is then reassured he is still coach for remaining game all the while being contracted for further year, while club tries negotiating his replacement.

It's absolutely farcial. Goody was right in calling it disgraceful.

Ben rutten probably has too much class, but if he just decided to turn his phone off at 3pm tomorrow and head down to the coast, go to some hipster little bar where they don't follow footy and sink piss all arvo instead of coaching, he would be well within his right i reckon.

Couldn't happen to a better sh*tstain of a club either.
Just load up a few eskies for the game. Sit on the boundary having beers and shout s**t like it's country footy. Would be more fun to watch than the Bombers on field

We should throw our Jackson money at Z Merrett.

I feel like we're linked to him every year, but he signed last year on the vision that was sold to him with Rutten as coach. Came out in the media and said treatment of him was disappointing. Clarry, Viney and Trac feeding Merrett sounds good to me.

Thought the same thing, he’d cost a lot but he’s exactly what we need in the middle.

Yeah, Scott Burns was the one I was thinking of.

Assistant coaches seem to really come in and out of flavour quickly.
Yeah be impossible to judge them unless you were in the box or playing group.

Could go on long tangent about neeld here but surely someone saw he was a sociopath 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back