Toast Nonna's Joint. Vicariously living Tom Liberatore's Grand Tour of the known Universe and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

3HJ9Lq5.jpg

Hopefully 2016 hair cut = 2016 Libba.

I have a theory that Tom is actually injured. His time on ground is far far lower than it was. Unless he is just ridiculously unfit and can't run out games anymore, which I highly doubt. Below are his numbers.

74%, 82%, 78%, 71% TOG.

Are there any other theories here for his decreased percentage?

I have a theory that Tom is actually injured. His time on ground is far far lower than it was. Unless he is just ridiculously unfit and can't run out games anymore, which I highly doubt. Below are his numbers.

74%, 82%, 78%, 71% TOG.

There were whispers of OP weren't there?

74%, 82%, 78%, 71% TOG.

He was one of the hardest working two way midfielders that we had, but at the moment he looks like he's a first year player.

If it was an injury then you would expect that the club wouldn't play him & risk further damage?

74%, 82%, 78%, 71% TOG.

It would make sense. His form before the trip to West Coast was fine (wasn't Libba's best form, but he was still good).

74%, 82%, 78%, 71% TOG.

Maybe the emergence of Toby McLean into the mid rotations
and the return of Mitch Wallis, there has been some weird
types resting forward of late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the emergence of Toby McLean into the mid rotations
and the return of Mitch Wallis, there has been some weird
types resting forward of late.
It's not that he's resting forward, he's off the ground. Makes me think he's seriously hampered by something and the club hasn't been completely transparent with it. He used to be on for 85%+ every game. He's missing almost an entire quarter in each of the last 4 games.

OP and groin issues would make sense

It's not that he's resting forward, he's off the ground. Makes me think he's seriously hampered by something and the club hasn't been completely transparent with it. He used to be on for 85%+ every game. He's missing almost an entire quarter in each of the last 4 games.

His numbers and ground coverage would say you are right, but
he was always a bit of a shuffler and runs or lopes like a
hyena. He did not look right yesterday, but more options have
emerged this year leading to Wallis, Bontempelli and even
Dahlhaus spending more time forward of late.

Libba's standing in the game continues to grow thanks to another successful season. According to AFL Player Ratings, he's up to 53rd overall after starting the year at 197th.

qt2pARZ.png

:drunk:
It's a strange one but I can see why. His pressure would still be elite and his tackle numbers on a per game basis are still in the best handful in the comp. I think I saw somewhere a while back that he was still the best player in the comp at pressure acts. His tackles, clearances and contested possession numbers are still aligned (or better) with last year but for some reason he's completely lost the ability to find easy uncontested ball on the outside.

If this is true, do you think it's beneficial for the club to release this info to the public? It might get some people off his back.
I don't think it would help. By taking to the field, he opens himself up to criticism of poor performances. If we're going to use the injury line, we shouldn't be picking him. Can't have it both ways.

Sorry for the dumb question, what does OP mean in this sense? I thought as in op for operation, but its in capitals so Im not sure

Libba's standing in the game continues to grow thanks to another successful season. According to AFL Player Ratings, he's up to 53rd overall after starting the year at 197th.

qt2pARZ.png

:drunk:
It's a strange one but I can see why. His pressure would still be elite and his tackle numbers on a per game basis are still in the best handful in the comp. I think I saw somewhere a while back that he was still the best player in the comp at pressure acts. His tackles, clearances and contested possession numbers are still aligned (or better) with last year but for some reason he's completely lost the ability to find easy uncontested ball on the outside.
The improvement in ranking has little to do with his performance this year. Those rankings use up to 40 games in the last two years. At the start of this year, libba was being ranked based on missing all of 2015 and playing around 20 games in 2016. His ranking was low because he was being compared to everyone else playing 40 games. Now, he is being ranked based on 2016 (around 20 games) and 2017 (around 15 games), so his ranking has gone up.

The improvement in ranking has little to do with his performance this year. Those rankings use up to 40 games in the last two years. At the start of this year, libba was being ranked based on missing all of 2015 and playing around 20 games in 2016. His ranking was low because he was being compared to everyone else playing 40 games. Now, he is being ranked based on 2016 (around 20 games) and 2017 (around 15 games), so his ranking has gone up.
I don't think that's how it works. It uses a players most recent 40 games so technically Libba's scores from 2014 are still being counted.

A player's rating is determined by aggregating his points tally based on a rolling window of the previous two seasons. For example, after round six of the 2014 season, a player's rating will be based on matches from round seven of the 2012 season onwards. However, only a player's most recent 40 matches are used in the calculation of his rating. This creates a buffer for players missing matches through injury, suspension, omission or by not being involved in finals. A player's most recent 30 matches are given greater weight in determining his rating. Matches 31 through 40 are progressively reduced in weighting, from 100 per cent down to five per cent for the earliest game in the window.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back