Strategy North Melbourne Coaching Changes 2020 & Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Paul Roos, who invited him and what is his motive?

By the sounds of it he has already made some club defining phone calls and now he is going to mentor every important person at the club? He’s like some puppet master lurking in the shadows.

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing but I do find it all very mysterious. I’ve always thought he held some resentment toward us ever since the 1996 GF. Did we offer him a big wad of cash or something? I just don’t get why he would be interested in being part of any sort of NM revival.

Is it the connection with Blakey? its funny how we now have an old Roy boys club forming at north.

Noble, Blakey, Roos & Clayton or played for Fitzroy and apparently Luffy used to be a fitzroy supporter.
I’m happy for Roosy to jog along now.

Thanks for your help so far Paul, now get out.

People on this board seem to have a real problem with Roos. I see a premiership coach and someone who turned around the perennially f****d GoDees.

Is it that he didn’t rate us as a media commentator? What am I missing?

People on this board seem to have a real problem with Roos. I see a premiership coach and someone who turned around the perennially f****d GoDees.

Is it that he didn’t rate us as a media commentator? What am I missing?
19 ******* men!

I'm not averse to Roos having a role in the recruitment process and an ongoing mentoring role. He's a consummate professional who's been to the top - some fresh eyes looking at ways to improve our football department and coaching isn't a bad thing.

Good chance we wouldn’t have convinced Noble to interview if Roos didn’t reach out to him.

He literally said Roos reached out and convinced him of why it’s a direction he should take.

I do not understand how anyone could believe that he isn’t positive to have around the club. His first test (being involved in the coaching panel) appears to be an absolute A+.

Personally I think Roos is over rated and he's well known to command a significant price tag. That doesn't mean I think he's "bad", I just worry we could be getting far far better bang for our buck. However, Roos is also an AFL house and AFL media lovechild, so I imagine us hiring him helps in a lot of other ways outside of just the explicit work he does for us.

Don't give Damo (hi mate!) ideas to pass on to Caro to "report"
There is one part of the process Damo hasn’t found out about yet. When he does, he’ll be a pig (literally and figuratively) in sh*t.

Did I just read (Marc McGowan on Twitter) that we have added Anthony Rocca as a development and forward/ruck coach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know if we're into any other coaching positions?
Seems like everything we lost in the 2020 cull has been covered now.
Even will minson's ruck coach position is now filled.
Keen to hear peoples thoughts.

Anyone know if we're into any other coaching positions?
Seems like everything we lost in the 2020 cull has been covered now.
Even will minson's ruck coach position is now filled.
Keen to hear peoples thoughts.

My verdict: I don't have a clue. See you in round ~6

Interesting to see a few small changes here. I'm just guessing that the renegotiated contract with Roos being more part time amidst his Magnum PI duties and Tom Lynch being partially paid as a player we've been able to get a bit more $$ capacity in the soft cap. It sounds like:
  • Anthony Rocca might now be full time or have more days with his role expanding to help Jordan Russell with the midfield.
  • Tom Lynch will come in as a development coach to help Gavin Brown
  • Tom Dyson will help Patch out as a (sometimes playing) coach in the VFL
Pleased to see Patch get a bit more support with Lynch and Tyson as he seems to have been loaded up a lot with little/no VFL coaching assistance except for a bit of help from Browny. Wouldn't want to see him burnt out or poached by another club given the heavy load he's been shouldering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back