Preview North Melbourne vs St Kilda 30 July Sat at 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hate this singling out of one player as if he is the only person who "plays' for free kicks.

Could quite easily do multiple gifs of Nick Reiwoldt doing the same thing - simple fact is that when a player is out of position in a contest and gets a slight nudge they can be miraculously shifted by the touch of a feather but get the same player in the right spot protecting the drop zone and all of a sudden a mack truck couldn't shift them.
are you seriously comparing that squib thomas to roo? jesus christ man wat r u thinkin

Daw is very stiff IMO, hopefully Waite is underdone and Scott ends up looking a clown.

Happy with out change, keep it mostly the same. I'm more nervous this week than last by far, happy that we're not taking any unnecessary risks on Fisher or McCartin, let them get to 100% and back in our system again.

Im concerned with 3 talls against our much smaller sized defence will get monstered like they did earlier in the year! I know midfield pressure helps but the Bulldogs still had more F50 entries than us last week and they had a much less productive forwards in Boyd and Redpath.

We will match there midfield but our forwards will have to on there game to get away.

Josh Bruce needs a big one as he has been struggling for sometime now.
Lets hope Billings gets his goal kicking boots back on.
Armitage also needs to have more impact as you can garuntee they will tag Steven.

Im concerned with 3 talls against our much smaller sized defence will get monstered like they did earlier in the year! I know midfield pressure helps but the Bulldogs still had more F50 entries than us last week and they had a much less productive forwards in Boyd and Redpath.

We will match there midfield but our forwards will have to on there game to get away.

Josh Bruce needs a big one as he has been struggling for sometime now.
Lets hope Billings gets his goal kicking boots back on.
Armitage also needs to have more impact as you can garuntee they will tag Steven.
they scored 3 goals between them earlier in the year da damn u on about you crazy old goat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't have match ups for those 3 talls.
Dempster will go to Waite will leave Gilbo/Robbo on 200cm men
Luckily there not great footballers
gilbo did the job on big boner brown in round 7 back him in again on the big boner even though hes in ripping form

I thought Fisher would have come in with North having 3 tall forwards but I guess they decided not to risk him and our defence did OK last week.

Sinclair getting dropped is fair enough but I'm not sure Minchington will be much better.

are you seriously comparing that squib thomas to roo? jesus christ man wat r u thinkin
Are you (and anyone else who's commented) actually suggesting that Roo doesn't stage for free kicks? Wow must be watching different games to me.

See the thing is, I don't really care if Lindsay, Roo, Selwood or anyone else stages for free kicks - I know that most players will stage if given the opportunity (remember when Goddard nearly got pinged for acting) so I don't single people because of that - but the reality is that most of the time the umpires will get the decisions right and yep surprise surprise occasionally they will get it wrong.

Interesting to see Delaney named as an emergency - still a possibility for a late change after North named their side.

In the selection insider video I thought it was interesting to note that the backline was named in three lines of 2, rather than the traditional half back and full back lines.

It was named as follows:
Savage Montagna
Roberton Gilbert
Geary Dempster

Which makes sense in the way they set up and play. Going to need Roberton, Gilbert and Dempster to be brave and bold to intercept mark once again!

Well everyone banging on how bad goldy is going and how great hickey is going suprised me!

Not on this board....Goldstein is a deadset gun, probably hasn't had the same dominating year as last year but underestimate and disrespect him at your peril...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back