What the heck? Nova Peris to the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

It's interesting that this thread has completely failed to discuss what Peris' role at the AFL entails, and precisely why she is suitable/unsuitable for the role.
Instead it's just been a tedious circular political shitfight

Just ease yourself back to the earlier parts of the thread and you'll see the reasons outlined

Just ease yourself back to the earlier parts of the thread and you'll see the reasons outlined
I've seen plenty of reasons why she wasn't a good senator, not so much on what her position at the AFL would be, and her unsuitability in regards to that

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the alleged offender's previous posts have been checked for this kind of thing? Would have thought there would be plenty of signs before an outburst like this?

I've seen plenty of reasons why she wasn't a good senator, not so much on what her position at the AFL would be, and her unsuitability in regards to that

Her unsuitability?

The context of the thread has been discussing the suitability of appointing Peris to a plum AFL gig in spite of her under-performance in her previous role along with her actions that would have seen her sacked in the corporate world.

You don't have to agree to understand that. It's a simple concept - maybe you want to walk us through why you are struggling with that?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the alleged offender's previous posts have been checked for this kind of thing? Would have thought there would be plenty of signs before an outburst like this?

just a guess, what I reckon its the first thing the cops would look at to rule out a hack

people are creatures of habit, most lack the discipline to maintain a full time persona

just a guess, what I reckon its the first thing the cops would look at to rule out a hack

people are creatures of habit, most lack the discipline to maintain a full time persona

Yeah I know he claimed hack, so was wondering if he did actually have a history or not.

Yeah I know he claimed hack, so was wondering if he did actually have a history or not.

I suspect his accounts are locked down, and the cops wont say s**t for now

Her unsuitability?

The context of the thread has been discussing the suitability of appointing Peris to a plum AFL gig in spite of her under-performance in her previous role along with her actions that would have seen her sacked in the corporate world.

You don't have to agree to understand that. It's a simple concept - maybe you want to walk us through why you are struggling with that?
There's no need to be snide. I was merely asking a few simple questions, which happen to remain unanswered

People make you shake your head in disbelief.

So how does the "I was hacked" defence work? You are in own home but someone who knows your password or finds it written on a sticky label
gets online and writes a load of crap in your name to make you look bad. .. Look its probably better to say you were a drunken fool and apologise .. not that that would would work .. *in idiot !!!

So how does the "I was hacked" defence work? You are in own home but someone who knows your password or finds it written on a sticky label
gets online and writes a load of crap in your name to make you look bad. .. Look its probably better to say you were a drunken fool and apologise .. not that that would would work .. ****in idiot !!!

People are stupid

Most WiFi doesn't have a password, the top two passwords are "password" and "1234", and there is software you can get that allows you to get access to someone's phone quite easily

This is all before the old stuff of infecting their PC with a tool you send them via an email

gets online and writes a load of crap in your name to make you look bad. .. Look its probably better to say you were a drunken fool and apologise .. not that that would would work .. ****in idiot !!!

ever left your phone laying around? have you got facebook on it? pretty easy for someone to post on your page if they want.

What? You mean the person asking questions at the 1 hr 12mins mark here doesn't understand just what it is she is talking about?:eek:

Jesus Christ.

That's embarrassing - it's bad enough she stole funding for her affair, but she's actually a complete ******* moron as well.

Good job, AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michael O'Loughlin or perhaps Shaun Burgoyne when he hangs up the boots would both seem better to me.

They don't seek the limelight for the hell of it and seem like they're genuinely interested in football, and the indigenous relation to football, moreso than to broader social issues.

They also seem like top blokes.

Serious?

Why not Mickey O and Peter Burgoyne?

Yeah that interview was bizzare.

Haven't seen that many 'arks' and 'somethinks' out of someone's mouth since Dougie Hawkins was on the footy show.

Shot before she pulled the plug on politics I'm assuming?

Aired after the footy in part Olympic promo/part PR softening up piece to get the public on board with her as having some sort of future high profile role with the AFL?

Too hear her spouting that analogy about being told that if you have been given, you have an obligation to give back....nearly heaved at that point....what the hell has that women done bar take and take and take - and largely from her own people who she walks around carrying this Uluru sized chip on her shoulder over?

Just a vile, disgusting, self serving, chip carrying piece of garbage, who does nothing bar perpetuate the communities most base, well worn racist stereotypes about aboriginal people, aboriginal leaders, aboriginal government employees courtesy of affirmative action policies etc etc - that they go walk about, they are corrupt, having there snouts in the taxpayer trough, full of bitterness towards the white man, self interest serving, incompetent, lazy, dumb.

Aboriginal people should be up in arms about this women, she has done so much damage to them - because all that stuff isn't true....time we stopped hearing from the Bolt's and the right wing brigade....I want to hear her own people condemn her and push her out of public life. She has no place in it.

She represents everything that is bad and harmful about Aboriginal leadership in this country.

Please AFL, please don't give her a job. You have a truly wonderful and capable man in David Wirrpanda out there....pick up the phone for christs sake.

And heard plenty about Tim tams and her senator Forrest Gump YouTube senate video... here is another link to another grubby incident no one seems to have mentioned on any threads I have seen...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...t/news-story/8aa537614eff9ae26675b4d46a8cdb81

If this women gets a gig with the AFL, god help us. And the indigenous players of the AFL.

Last edited:
Wirra or McLeod.

Would also be happy with either of those picks.

But sadly, for Peris to jump out of politics the way she has, i suspect she has the job in the bag.

Which is a disgrace.

I also feel even it wasn't Peris, given the AFLs bulge for all things Sydney, if it ain't gonna be there love child Goodesy because he is still off having a cry, then I would likely imagine Mickey O would be the one to get the nod.

I wonder how "Jane" would feel about that though?

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/2004/s1100551.htm

And Goodsey, I know your paranoid mate, so if your reading this no one is suggesting she is called "Jane" because they think your mate is Tarzan.

Last edited:
Haven't seen that many 'arks' and 'somethinks' out of someone's mouth since Dougie Hawkins was on the footy show.
if it ain't gonna be there love child Goodesy because he is still off having a cry,
If you're going to have a crack at others, at least learn to use the language yourself.

she walks around carrying this Uluru sized chip on her shoulder over?
And Goodsey, I know your paranoid mate, so if your reading this no one is suggesting she is called "Jane" because they think your mate is Tarzan.
2 racist jokes in the same post. You are a low human being.

Just a vile, disgusting, self serving, chip carrying piece of garbage, who does nothing bar perpetuate the communities most base, well worn racist stereotypes about aboriginal people, aboriginal leaders, aboriginal government employees courtesy of affirmative action policies etc etc - that they go walk about, they are corrupt, having there snouts in the taxpayer trough, full of bitterness towards the white man, self interest serving, incompetent, lazy, dumb.
Listing personal racist beliefs as "well worn" steroptypes isnt very clever. Particularly when you type out 2 lines. And with glee probably.

Aboriginal people should be up in arms about this women,
And who the * are you to be telling Indigenous people who they should see as a leader?

I think they are entitled to choose their own leaders, and not some bigoted moron who waves off domestic violence.

Your opinion about an Indigenous woman was never going to be anything else was it?

If you're going to have a crack at others, at least learn to use the language yourself.

2 racist jokes in the same post. You are a low human being.

Listing personal racist beliefs as "well worn" steroptypes isnt very clever. Particularly when you type out 2 lines. And with glee probably.

And who the **** are you to be telling Indigenous people who they should see as a leader?

I think they are entitled to choose their own leaders, and not some bigoted moron who waves off domestic violence.

Your opinion about an Indigenous woman was never going to be anything else was it?

Yawn.

Next time start off with something besides the grammar nazi angle champ.

I may of engaged with you otherwise.

And if someone besides this bloke could illustrate where any of what I said is actually racist that would be great.

A personal critique on an individual isn't automatically racist just because the individual isn't white, you do know that right?

Say hi to your mate Malifice for me?

IE #No worse than a lot of other stuff on this thread that hasn't been deleted or given an infraction for.

Last edited:
Yawn.

Next time start off with something besides the grammar nazi angle champ.
You started off your racist diatribe by criticising her speech.

if you dont want to be called racist, don't make racist jokes, don't rehash racist attitudes that you're pretending to list as stereotypes, and don't presume who Indigenous people should see as leaders.

And based on your disturbing history attitudes towards violence against women, I'd suggest the level of anger you have for this Indigenous women indicates your opinion is easily dismissed as racist, sexist bigotry.

You started off your racist diatribe by criticising her speech.

if you dont want to be called racist, don't make racist jokes, don't rehash racist attitudes that you're pretending to list as stereotypes, and don't presume who Indigenous people should see as leaders.

And based on your disturbing history attitudes towards violence against women, I'd suggest the level of anger you have for this Indigenous women indicates your opinion is easily dismissed as racist, sexist bigotry.

It's racist to use a metaphor involving Uluru in relation to a person having a chip on there shoulder?

Wow?

And "Jane" was a pseudonym used in the ABC report you clown.

You are as bad as Nova.

Heads up...you see racism where it doesn't exist slick.

It's racist to use a metaphor involving Uluru in relation to a person having a chip on there shoulder?

Wow?

You are as bad as Nova.

Heads up...you see racism where it doesn't exist slick.

The other one was equally as banal.
You know what you're saying. You're a coward, just like you're a coward when excusing men who thrash women.

You know what you're saying. You're a coward, just like you're a coward when excusing men who thrash women.

WTF?

Find me the direct quote for that would you sweetheart.

Never said anything of the sort ever.

WTF?

Find me the direct quote for that would you sweetheart.

Never said anything of the sort ever.

"Running it pretty loose again" in regards to a bloke who threatens to rape, kill and set people alight.

Sounds like Kerr is running it pretty loose again, but probably still wouldn't harm us to bear in mind the old saying about two sides to every story etc.

Seen plenty of blokes being obstructed from seeing there kids pushed over edge I'm afraid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back