List Mgmt. Official 2016 trade period discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a massive cocky fan but you are aiming very very high. I think Deledio is seriously undervalued by a lot of Geelong supporters on here. He's clearly been there best player probably since Richo retired. That's a while ago now. If we get him cheaply enough it will be massive. Can't tag em all!

That's all well and good but how're we going to pay him that much?

How many 700k+ players do most clubs have on their books? By my (very limited) knowledge we currently have Selwood and Danger on around the same? I don't know exact figures.

Hawkins was higher than Joel last time I checked but that's probably corrected itself by now.

Has Motlop gone yet?

I'm sick of these Stanley rumblings I'm hearing from opposition supporters too, we just got the guy. Leave him be, please.

No. The Tigers have made it clear that they are not interested in him.

Top Gun GIF required here JUBJUB
top-gun.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching AFL Trade Period on Fox, and they are talking about how we get Deledio, saying one of the hurdles will be salary cap. With Deledio commanding potentially more than $700k a year it will be hard (according to Niall) for us to fit him in.

Obviously, we wouldn't be going after him if we didnt think we could accommodate him. But why, if we are going to spend $700k+ on Deledio, wouldnt we take that same amount and offer it to T. Mitchell? It's higher than what the Hawks are offering, and all the talk around Mitchell seems to be that he is moving for money and not massively committed to only one club as a destination.
Deledio is worth closer to $850-900K, and is what you should offer him.

Geelong rarely pay their players those sort of numbers - it's how we kept our premiership team together from '07-'11. If Deledio wants to come to Geelong he'd know that he will play for less than what he could possibly command elsewhere. The upside is he's likely to play in a team that plays finals.

I think the Tuohy trade is worth every penny and exactly what we need in the team. I wouldn't give the Blues this year's picks. Give them next year's 2nd rounder. We can use the current picks this year, and fast track any youth. I think future picks of the same value (say r2 2016 vs r2 2017) are worth less than current picks when you are in the window.

Players who want to play finals some times have to take a hair cut to fit into and maintain a strong list.It's a cultural thing Richmond may not yet have grasped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back