List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Darcy Lang traded to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I took it as a compliment to me :)
I know, and yours was definitely a great post. No club or recruiter bats 1000. It is just a numbers game, with too many variables to predict every outcome. It just kind of looked funny, coming at the top of the post and then again at the end. It reminded me of the way Dazbroncos finishes his posts with “Go Catters” and so I thought to myself, MaybeGreg, cap off your posts with a self complement from now on. You need a confidence boost!

Great Post.

I know, and yours was definitely a great post. No club or recruiter bats 1000. It is just a numbers game, with too many variables to predict every outcome. It just kind of looked funny, coming at the top of the post and then again at the end. It reminded me of the way Dazbroncos finishes his posts with “Go Catters” and so I thought to myself, MaybeGreg, cap off your posts with a self complement from now on. You need a confidence boost!

Great Post.

Yeah, I could see where you were coming from, and was being silly with my reply :p

We all need a confidence boost occasionally.

Not correct. Instructions to Lang from the coach included gems such as
-dont get the ball. Get out of the way so dangerfield and selwood can get it.
-use your body as a battering ram to protect dangerfield

There is a real issue at the club between senior players and juniors that reminds me of geelongs problems in the 90s
But you loved that era. And the coach. Anyway, this player is THE one I think might hurt us a bit watching is development into 2019 premiership player.

But you loved that era. And the coach. Anyway, this player is THE one I think might hurt us a bit watching is development into 2019 premiership player.
Carlton as an early tip for the 19 flag? Well at least you'll get good odds.

Some Blues supporters - are seeing plenty of blue sky with our Darcy
Some comparing him to Mark Naley - and others want to give him Bradleys number - Wow
I think they must be a bit confused - they must think their getting Dangerfield from the Cats not Lang .

Yes, I saw that post also but I read it more as the way they both move rather than comparing the quality of the players.

I don't think anyone is expecting an A-Grade mid here but we did need some depth through the midfield and even if Darcy doesn't play in the premium team, his presence in the VFL will help the team there.
Why is that important? Our VFL team was top three midway through the year and once we lost our second ruck (Phillips) and a couple of AFL-quality mids, in Cripps & Curnow, there was no depth in the VFL and that matters because we couldn't get hands onto the ball and any development of forwards was futile.

Now Darcy may well be best 22 and that's fine as it push a Graham or Kerridge back to the VFL for support there.

Reading the Blues VFL thread seems as though his first game was good and may be in the seniors this weekend. Best of luck to him, just couldn’t give him the opportunities he wanted.

with lang gone, the 2013 draft is looking pretty average for geelong

lang gone
jansen gone
kolo average
walker gone
burbury gone

you wanna hope kolo takes a significant step up to the next level

even our rookies were no good toohey, bourke, bates and luxford all gone, i guess luxford gave us two memorable games
I’d say Kolo is playing better than average so far this season.

Reading the Blues VFL thread seems as though his first game was good and may be in the seniors this weekend. Best of luck to him, just couldn’t give him the opportunities he wanted.

Average is a very ordinary description... right now id have him before his brother who was the much earlier pick. Kolo has been the player that make 2013 a pass... although we did get something for Walker didn't we?

Its funny looking at that draft a few name that we liked on here have ended up better than who we picked .. Dunstan , McStay , Crouch , Taylor ... but the real killer is Ben Brown at 47.

Good luck to Lang , no issue with him having a career at Carlton... I suspect he will have to earn it a bit more than he did here.. with so much young talent on their list.

Who did we effectively get for Lang? Miers?

Average is a very ordinary description... right now id have him before his brother who was the much earlier pick. Kolo has been the player that make 2013 a pass... although we did get something for Walker didn't we?

Its funny looking at that draft a few name that we liked on here have ended up better than who we picked .. Dunstan , McStay , Crouch , Taylor ... but the real killer is Ben Brown at 47.

Good luck to Lang , no issue with him having a career at Carlton... I suspect he will have to earn it a bit more than he did here.. with so much young talent on their list.
Yeah no idea how North were the only one to scout Brown and think he’d be good.
Who did we effectively get for Lang? Miers?
correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll give you Crouch and Brown, not convinced on Dunstan, McStay or Taylor.

Miers and a 4th round pick upgrade this year that will give us a few extra bid points for oscar brownless.
Seems pretty much net net even right now.

Lang not seen by me at blues yet this year... he’d probably be playing given our injury list but Kelly, fog, and Parfitt have gone past him..

Time will tell but I’m ok with it o far

Go Catters

He was better on the bigger grounds so interesting to see how he goes for Carlton if he gets a decent run at it when they play mostly at Etihad and the G. Disappointing for a first round pick but no worse than Parsons or Gregson who are playing for us atm.

He's another one we kept on our list too long - nothing against the guy. Not a great pick by Wells.

Hardly. He was no Josh Cowan.

When would you have got rid then? After 2016 when he played some good games during the year?

Hardly. He was no Josh Cowan.

When would you have got rid then? After 2016 when he played some good games during the year?
He never showed enough IMO - even those 'good' games. Had no standout attributes, especially for a pick that high. The only reason we keep Murdoch is his speed and booming left foot. Ignore the fact he makes terrible decisions and is extremely inconsistent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back