Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

He didn't rumour his manager asked the question if Ollie really wanted out we would of made it happen unlike Essendon holding players against their will.
Not how it was reported. Didn't help that Ollie was dropped as co-captain after the fact, or Port's cleverly worded media release that avoided the actual report.

Against their will =/= Contracted, btw.

Ollie would think otherwise - why else would he meet with Carlton last year?

That was 10 months ago. You may not have noticed but since then his current team has shot to the top of the ladder and his home state has been locked down with a deadly virus. Ollie wanting out last year is no guarantee that he still wants out now.

He didn't rumour his manager asked the question if Ollie really wanted out we would of made it happen unlike Essendon holding players against their will.
I guess you can look at it this way, or you can say clubs are holding players to contracts they willingly signed, and players are looking to break contracts

wonder if he is having second thoughts now about trying carlton again?
Carlton have yet again faulted this season and Port sitting top. And having some genuine excitement around with the crop of young guys we have

Granted i cant see us staying top there but finals are almost a cert

I guess you can look at it this way, or you can say clubs are holding players to contracts they willingly signed, and players are looking to break contracts
I see it both ways if a player desperately wants out probably better to move them on.

Carlton busy with Papley and it was too late into trade period. Just my guess.
and the price wasn't right.

From what I've heard, Port might look to offload Ollie this year to get back into the 1st round (smart move), but Ollie might not want to move (if the offer is equal to Ports).

I think he will be gone, Carlton probs the location.

and the price wasn't right.

From what I've heard, Port might look to offload Ollie this year to get back into the 1st round (smart move), but Ollie might not want to move (if the offer is equal to Ports).

I think he will be gone, Carlton probs the location.

currently pick 7 but that would go wayyyyy back down the order with compo, academies and father sons etc

currently pick 7 but that would go wayyyyy back down the order with compo, academies and father sons etc
There are only 2 players (Campbell and JUH) who would likely go inside the top 7, so it won't go "wayyyyy" back down, maybe only 2 spots, which isn't dissimilar to other years.

And if a team offered pick 7 for Wines, firstly they'd be stupid, and secondly they'd probably want something in return.

I'd suggest 7 for Wines and a pick in the 20s is a good deal for Port

There are only 2 players (Campbell and JUH) who would likely go inside the top 7, so it won't go "wayyyyy" back down, maybe only 2 spots, which isn't dissimilar to other years.

And if a team offered pick 7 for Wines, firstly they'd be stupid, and secondly they'd probably want something in return.

if thats the offer Port would have a laugh and walk away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, Wines is available - that's why he was shopping himself around last year.

But we've been over this. Glass shoulders, big coin and looks like his best is behind him. Would much prefer someone cheaper and without the form/injury problems, let alone huge cap constraint which could be put to much better use.
How much for that KPF you guys have for sale , the one who wanted to go to sydney last year

That would work for port if they can stock up on later picks for the F/S players we have this year and get a low pick before. Trade some picks around to help both parties.

In form midfielder who is Vice-captain of the top team on the ladder.

Why the hell would he leave? No chance.
In his latest interview on radio Ollie said he wont be leaving Port as he loves Port and the Players. So that's that.
Who would go to Victoria with their Corona Virus problems ... Geez

Remove this Banner Ad

Back