Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oppo Camp - 2022 Salt Mine thread - the saltening

Check this out - Tuggers supporters think this is hilarious. I guess they find fart jokes the epitome of comedy.

I have never seen this level of base crudeness from any other club’s supporters let alone our own.

Guess it serve me right for diving into their cesspool head first. * me they are a bunch of obscene w*nkers.

Last edited:

WOW!! The knives are well and truly out. Once upon a time it was the unfair advantage of the 'father-son' rule. This week the haters are out explaining why the Cats are sitting on top of the ladder:

• the Danks connection
  • GMHBA, the "cheat ground"
  • Unfair umpire advantage at GMHBA
  • Players getting subsidised land packages on the Surf Coast
  • General salary cap rorting "there's no way a club can afford to have players X, Y & Z on the list and then be talking about bringing in A, B & C"
  • The unfair fixture. How does a 2021 top 4 side get such an easy draw in 2022?

Have I missed anything?

WOW!! The knives are well and truly out. Once upon a time it was the unfair advantage of the 'father-son' rule. This week the haters are out explaining why the Cats are sitting on top of the ladder:

• the Danks connection
  • GMHBA, the "cheat ground"
  • Unfair umpire advantage at GMHBA
  • Players getting subsidised land packages on the Surf Coast
  • General salary cap rorting "there's no way a club can afford to have players X, Y & Z on the list and then be talking about bringing in A, B & C"
  • The unfair fixture. How does a 2021 top 4 side get such an easy draw in 2022?

Have I missed anything?
You forgot Shocking changing the rules :laughing:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Cats supporter started a thread on the Richmond board praising Richmond for changing the game with "manic keeping the ball alive" style. My memory is a bit vague but I felt that flag era Geelong used to play like that. Have the ball in motion as it moved out of defence. Then to sometimes have the work spoiled by overdoing the sharing the ball around.
Anyone reckon 2017 era Tiges borrowed a bit of Geelong game plan?

A Cats supporter started a thread on the Richmond board praising Richmond for changing the game with "manic keeping the ball alive" style. My memory is a bit vague but I felt that flag era Geelong used to play like that. Have the ball in motion as it moved out of defence. Then to sometimes have the work spoiled by overdoing the sharing the ball around.

No offence to the Tigers since their style worked so well, but the Cats team of 07-11 were much, much cleaner. They used very few taps or knocks-on - just fast, clean handballs and kicks to players who've made space or would win their 1-on-1 more times than not. I kind of think of it as a smooth-running, elegant machine who just intuitively worked in sync vs a tidal wave of untidy but always-in-motion football.

On a pure list comparison, I'd rate the Cats of those years over any other 2000s dynasty teams (perhaps barring Brisbane), but each had their own style that got the job done (most of the time) when it counted.

Perhaps the principle was the same - always take territory and keep the ball moving but the Tigers was manic in that it was unstructured, ours was more manic in that it was ‘ok always have someone running past the receiver that’s ready to get the next handball and whoever is next in line you’ve then got to get on your bike ready for your turn then forward #1 you have to lead, forward #2 when that lead comes then you’ve got to run to your space’ etc etc.

Richmond’s - I mean this in a good way not a bad way - was I guess a sort of bastardised version of that.

‘Ok when we get it, all of us start moving and just be ready to swoop to the ball wherever that maybe, make sure we win it, get it moving again and all swoop to that spot and keep it going until we’ve got it forward then if we can get the ball to ground in the case of no Riewoldt/Lynch to take a mark, just get numbers around that ball again.’

I can see your reasoning but visually at least I think both sides’ styles were quite different

I mean, tigers were a strong team but I'm not sure the game styles themselves had much in common

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back