List Mgmt. Orazio Fantasia not requesting a trade, time to move on

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? Explain LLLLLOOOOOOYYYYDDDD
He's said many comments, there were threads on the mainboard before highlighting it but obviously it's not racist when it's against Europeans... So they were promptly deleted...

He's said many comments, there were threads on the mainboard before highlighting it but obviously it's not racist when it's against Europeans... So they were promptly deleted...

Yes OK Fantasia's s**t and BT's a raging racist because as a commentator he has a name he can add some colour with.

You've opened all of our eyes.

I'd consider bringing him in in some sort of cheap Ryder swap.

If Essendon start with their normal bull****, then not interested. Rather give games to Farrell, Marshall, Butters, Rozee, etc.

Yes OK Fantasia's s**t and BT's a raging racist because as a commentator he has a name he can add some colour with.

You've opened all of our eyes.
You don't even know what I'm referencing....

I'm not going off his name....I'm going off comments I've heard him say on multiple occasions. But hey, it's funny cause Acropolis Now was funny, right?

would rather replace s gray with woodcock or cox. they’re free.

we seem halfway to writing off Farrell but his goal average matches Fantasia’s
I'm not sure why you are so concerned, yes it could be a waste of a list spot but we've shown with Mayes we aren't going to give players games for no reason.

If Farrell is good enough he will easily claim a spot in the 22. He just needs to eliminate those ridiculous 4 possession games.

Wouldn't be surprised if he is a bit of a flop for us, but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Thats what we’ll be saying when whatever we give to Essendon ends up being a decent player, is it?

We have a shot and can choose our target, and Fantasia is just one option (using draft pick and back in the 8-9 small forwards already on our list is another).

We need the best shot, the one that provides value without undermining our other options, not the most flippant shot

Rozee, Butters, Sam Gray, Robbie Gray, Motlop, Cox, Woodcock, Farrell, Patmore already on our list...but we need Fantasia? Carn

I'm not sure why you are so concerned
Because he’s not a freebie with our last pick in the draft, hes a player under contract who will cost us something actual.

If Farrell is good enough he will easily claim a spot in the 22. He just needs to eliminate those ridiculous 4 possession games.
Fantasia has had 5 games this year with less than 10 possessions. He’s only played 14.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this will be a popular post, but whatever:

Fantasia was rated elite as a general forward for 2018. He had a relative range of plus 40% which takes into account position and age. He had a higher rating than any player on Port's list for the year.

Afl Prospectus. 'Fantasia's importance to the sideways evident, with the bombers winning 69% of games when he played compared to 33% when he was absent. He rated elite for inside 50's and score involvements and above average for goals and score assists. The bombers scored 56% of the time he was targeted inside 50, ranked second of the top 100 targets in the afl. Fantasia uses his zippiness to advantage, retaining possession 88% of the time he was kicked to on a lead - the equal fourth best rate of the top-40 lead targets of the competition.

He's a very good player who suits are list. The main question is his injury history impacting his future and his trade cost.

I'm not sure why you are so concerned, yes it could be a waste of a list spot but we've shown with Mayes we aren't going to give players games for no reason.

Is this sarcasm?

Btw heard from a crows mate who apparently knows people. Said he is 100% confident that fantasia and francis will be at the crows next year.

Either someone is wrong (or both) or fantasia be playing the two adealide clubs against each other. Which wouldnt be new.

As a general rule, assume that all Crows supporters who claim to have inside information are wrong.

Whist on the subject;

Francis was rated +76% relative rating for 2018. He didn't play enough games to be officially classified but basically that would make him the greatest player in the history of football!

Whist on the subject;

Francis was rated +76% relative rating for 2018. He didn't play enough games to be officially classified but basically that would make him the greatest player in the history of football!
Two firsts!

Pretty happy to target Fantasia.

Absolutely fills a need for us, and will free up Rozee and Butters to go into the midfield earlier.

Wouldn't be surprised if he is a bit of a flop for us, but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

motlop, watts, rockliff, trengove, ryder, mckenzie, toumpas.. should i go on?

we miss 100% of the shots we do take :straining:

Btw heard from a crows mate who apparently knows people. Said he is 100% confident that fantasia and francis will be at the crows next year.

Either someone is wrong (or both) or fantasia be playing the two adealide clubs against each other. Which wouldnt be new.

who the * is francis

Anyone who's against us getting Fantasia is ****ed in the head. The guy is class when fit and I at least back our medical team to get him fit if he came here. Would also be a massive upgrade on just about every other small forward option we have.

Thats what we’ll be saying when whatever we give to Essendon ends up being a decent player, is it?

We have a shot and can choose our target, and Fantasia is just one option (using draft pick and back in the 8-9 small forwards already on our list is another).

We need the best shot, the one that provides value without undermining our other options, not the most flippant shot

Rozee, Butters, Sam Gray, Robbie Gray, Motlop, Cox, Woodcock, Farrell, Patmore already on our list...but we need Fantasia? Carn
Because he’s not a freebie with our last pick in the draft, hes a player under contract who will cost us something actual.

I think his age means he is a good target. He is much more likely to contribute consistently next year and in 2021 than most of the players you listed. Maybe Farrell will have a breakout year next year, but the rest are very unlikely to have a big year in 2020. This is definitely a trade we would make to improve our best 22 in 2020, maybe in 2021 as well. It would be absolutely unacceptable for the club to go into next season with no one to replace Sam Gray if we do trade him - which I think is happening.

Fantasia may not be perfect but literally all we need is an improvement in consistency, and an improvement in the floor of our forward line's performances. And yes there is a chance he won't even provide that, but his odds are much better than that of Cox or Woodcock who were very late draftees, or a first year player, plus I want the redundancy.

Fantasia kicked 39 goals from 20 games in 2017. Coincidentally that was Sam Gray's best return... of 28 goals from 23 games. His last two years have been resulted in 39 goals from 27 games which is an average of 1.44 goals a game. Which is better than everyone on our list bar Kane Farrell in 2019, even if you only take 2019 which is is worst year since 2015 he still averaged 1.35 goals which would still put him second only to Kane Farrell. If you include Framptons 3 goals from 2 games he would be third. His 2017 average of 1.95 goals a game would have him as our leading goal kicker after 14 games.

His numbers are actually much better than I expected given how low people seem to rate him.

I don't know why you are so keen to write off his only good year, but even without that he's still better than nearly all of our forwards in terms of goal kicking.

Anyone who's against us getting Fantasia is f’ed in the head. The guy is class when fit and I at least back our medical team to get him fit if he came here. Would also be a massive upgrade on just about every other small forward option we have.
Did you see the little turd against Robbie?

Lol you back our medical team? Why? Are we the Hawks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back