News Our home finals would be at Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news.

Unfortunately I will be overseas in the second half of the year so I may not get to experience our first home final game, unless it's next year. That said, even though I'd be gutted to miss it I'd be happy to if it means we at least get one.

It's funny, because Mark Evans on the couch on Monday night was kind of at a loss when asked the question, he said he didn't know, that they would have to assess things later in the year.

24 hours later....

But good to see, nice to know, hopefully we get to use the decision sooner rather than later.

Could i ask,what was the atmosphere like against hawthorn ?
Can we get more to the ground or will it be only when we are winners?
Does anybody have friends who are new converts?
What is the "water cooler talk" about our club in NSW?

After wins like last weekend, I get a lot of people coming up to me at work to talk about the Giants. Many NRL folks are having their interest piqued.

I only ever talk about AFL and specifically the Giants. I never enter any conversation that includes NRL or soccer.

If topic looks like it's changing I bring it back to us and what we're doing as a club.

No one gets a chance around me to talk anything but footy and GWS.

Sounded good in tv. Had some friends tellme it sounded great at the game.

Lots of people came up to me on sunday and Monday while working(always have my members hat on) and talked us up. Asked questions etc.

The atmosphere at the ground was pretty good. It's getting quite loud and very full in the members section.

As for getting bigger crowds, we've got a real test of that coming up with the Gold Coast game. The Suns don't have as big a following in Sydney as some of the other clubs, and we've never played them at Spotless.

Everyone's going to have to work really hard for that game to get a crowd above 10K.

The atmosphere at the ground was pretty good. It's getting quite loud and very full in the members section.

As for getting bigger crowds, we've got a real test of that coming up with the Gold Coast game. The Suns don't have as big a following in Sydney as some of the other clubs, and we've never played them at Spotless.

Everyone's going to have to work really hard for that game to get a crowd above 10K.
Thanks for the report.
Down here{melbourne}we seem to be getting more at games,It seems like either a group of people have decided to barrack against the opposition or we have followers ive not seen before.
Im hopeful the NSW's people get behind the club,but would much prefer a smaller base of supporters with a view to sticking with the club long term.
Maybe all our members could take"a friend" to a game ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the report.
Down here{melbourne}we seem to be getting more at games,It seems like either a group of people have decided to barrack against the opposition or we have followers ive not seen before.
Im hopeful the NSW's people get behind the club,but would much prefer a smaller base of supporters with a view to sticking with the club long term.
Maybe all our members could take"a friend" to a game ?

How many supporters do you think we have in Melbourne?

Met a loose unit from Moe called Zac yet? #lovesabeer
Met em most everybody.
Im the old fart in the Giants cap that introduces himself to all and makes sure they enjoy their day and try to find out where they are from and why they support us.
Get into the rooms most melbourne games and try to stay away from the cameras.

Met em most everybody.
Im the old fart in the Giants cap that introduces himself to all and makes sure they enjoy their day and try to find out where they are from and why they support us.
Get into the rooms most melbourne games and try to stay away from the cameras.
Mmmmmmmm....

Trying to place you.

I was a Victorian Giant for 3 years.

Did you go to the Dogs game at Etihad in 2014?

Mmmmmmmm....

Trying to place you.

I was a Victorian Giant for 3 years.

Did you go to the Dogs game at Etihad in 2014?
If it was at etihad{cant remember]i wouldve been behind the bench about 2 rows back{always}and sometimes shoot out the back for a ciggy.

I walk around there sometimes and amazed at the amount of noise they make.
Are you the rather large lady that has 316 kids around her?
Bahahahaha no.

I have been called a big bitch before though.

I'm the 6'3" big bastard who engages in "heated debates" - and in one instance (the Bulldogs game, hence why I asked) fisticuffs with the opposition supporters around me.

Bahahahaha no.

I have been called a big bitch before though.

I'm the 6'3" big bastard who engages in "heated debates" - and in one instance (the Bulldogs game, hence why I asked) fisticuffs with the opposition supporters around me.
I dont like to see our supporters getting sucked in and fighting or arguing.
We need to represent "our" club in an always positive way.
I always try to help poor unfortunates or anybody for that matter and try to espouse GWS fans as being part of the league and a family club.

I dont like to see our supporters getting sucked in and fighting or arguing.
We need to represent "our" club in an always positive way.
I always try to help poor unfortunates or anybody for that matter and try to espouse GWS fans as being part of the league and a family club.
Purely defending Michael, the extremely loud cheer squad member who some little maggot took a swing at, with his back turned, for just enjoying his day at the footy.

Little cretin he was.

Purely defending Michael, the extremely loud cheer squad member who some little maggot took a swing at, with his back turned, for just enjoying his day at the footy.

Little cretin he was.
There seems to be about 14 cretins per victorian club.The footscray ones always wear a dirty beanie and have no teeth and are called Russell or Dougie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back