Our Run home - near impossible to finish top 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Our only path to top 4 is if both Brisbane and Port drop three games in the run home and we don't drop any. This is extremely unlikely, but becomes pretty much impossible if Brisbane beat Geelong on Thursday night.

I think we're still a chance from fifth or sixth though. Three of the top four are Vic teams, so we'd ever travel once or not at all in the finals. If we get our form heading upwards, then we can still do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Demons could easily lose to the Drugs this week too. I wouldn't rule out a Demons collapse either.

I would - I will take that bet with anyone. We are not going to make up 4 wins + nearly 25% percentage points in 9 games. They are top for a reason, the arrogance of some Richmond people is full on.

Other teams are good this year, fans that still believe in every other top 8 team collapsing into a heap while we go all "mighty ducks" on the leagues ass need to cancel their Disney+ subscription. It's ******* with your reality

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 1.34.18 am.png

My Latest predictor.

This has us winning every game, except a loss to Geelong - while most of the other top win most of their obvious wins and have a few upsets between each other + Swans, Giants & Bombers

Percentage needs to be a target for us. Very well could be the difference between a home or away final to Port or the Eagles. I would not want to face either away from home first week in a elimination final - i think the umpiring would be murder

I would - I will take that bet with anyone. We are not going to make up 4 wins + nearly 25% percentage points in 9 games. They are top for a reason, the arrogance of some Richmond people is full on.

Other teams are good this year, fans that still believe in every other top 8 team collapsing into a heap while we go all "mighty ducks" on the leagues ass need to cancel their Disney+ subscription. It's ******* with your reality
there is a difference between arrogance and having faith in your team when your team has actually been in this position before and made the top 4.... so no s**t some people will have faith. whether we make it or not your faith in the team has been shambolic, bringing out the ladder predictor before the byes lol
if you had posted this at round 17 id understand, but way before the byes lol, its as if its 2013 again or something

that "fantasy" happened in 2019 lol, get behind your team instead of bashing them

View attachment 1163132

My Latest predictor.

This has us winning every game, except a loss to Geelong - while most of the other top win most of their obvious wins and have a few upsets between each other + Swans, Giants & Bombers

Percentage needs to be a target for us. Very well could be the difference between a home or away final to Port or the Eagles. I would not want to face either away from home first week in a elimination final - i think the umpiring would be murder

Eagles or Port away , out of the top 4 for me if your good enough you win it. If we can get our act together cut the lapses and skill errors nothing is daunting for this team after last year why so much fear in people.

View attachment 1163132

My Latest predictor.

I think your Richmond record is reasonable (although I personally think there’s a solid chance that we will win all of our remaining games) and I definitely agree with the percentage thing (makes it so much easier if we make up the percentage by giving out beatings), but I don’t think 4th will have a record of 17-5. I think I’ll be 16-6 at best as it usually is.

I have:

Bulldogs: 17-5 (losing to West Coast in Perth and Melbourne

Melbourne: 17-5 (losing to Geelong at GMHBA, West Coast in Perth and maybe Essendon). 18-4 if we include Essendon as a win.

Brisbane: 16-6 (Losing to Richmond at the MCG, Fremantle in Perth). 17-5 if they also win one of these games.

Geelong: 16-6 (Losing to Richmond at the MCG and one of Fremantle in Perth, Essendon at GMHBA or Melbourne at GMHBA).

Port Adelaide: 15-7 (losing to Sydney in Adelaide, Melbourne in Adelaide, Bulldogs at Marvel). Even if they beat Sydney in Adelaide, I think they may then lose to GWS in Canberra.

West Coast: 15-7 (losing to Sydney at the SCG, Brisbane at the Gabba).

Sydney: 14-8 (losing to Bulldogs at Marvel, GWS at Giants Stadium, Essendon at Marvel).

I feel like I wasn’t really factoring huge upsets either. Just stock-standard games that these teams can easily lose.

If we make up percentage (as we saw last night, teams above us can still get thrashed) and win our games, then we can make the top 4. Don’t think it’s impossible because our draw is rated the easiest remaining draw in the league. No guarantees that we’ll go back to good form of course, but our next 3 games (St Kilda, Gold Coast and Collingwood) will really set the scene on what we can expect from this season.

I think it’s too hard to draw a conclusion on the ladder now because there are still a lot of games to go. For our season, it probably will be easier to reassess once we know what happens in the next 3 games.

there is a difference between arrogance and having faith in your team when your team has actually been in this position before and made the top 4.... so no sh*t some people will have faith. whether we make it or not your faith in the team has been shambolic, bringing out the ladder predictor before the byes lol
if you had posted this at round 17 id understand, but way before the byes lol, its as if its 2013 again or something

I have faith in our team (hence why i have said countless times i think we can win it from 8th if need be).

Expecting other teams to unexpectedly fail or choke though involves zero faith in "your team".

Saying we will go 8 of 9, shows i would think i have good faith in our side. But it doesnt mean i think the Dee's, Dogs, Cats & Lions will lose half their remaining games. They are good teams too, perhaps even better than us - they deserve to respected, all 4 could win it this year

It
I think your Richmond record is reasonable (although I personally think there’s a solid chance that we will win all of our remaining games) and I definitely agree with the percentage thing (makes it so much easier if we make up the percentage by giving out beatings), but I don’t think 4th will have a record of 17-5. I think I’ll be 16-6 at best as it usually is.

I have:

Bulldogs: 17-5 (losing to West Coast in Perth and Melbourne

Melbourne: 17-5 (losing to Geelong at GMHBA, West Coast in Perth and maybe Essendon). 18-4 if we include Essendon as a win.

Brisbane: 16-6 (Losing to Richmond at the MCG, Fremantle in Perth). 17-5 if they also win one of these games.

Geelong: 16-6 (Losing to Richmond at the MCG and one of Fremantle in Perth, Essendon at GMHBA or Melbourne at GMHBA).

Port Adelaide: 15-7 (losing to Sydney in Adelaide, Melbourne in Adelaide, Bulldogs at Marvel). Even if they beat Sydney in Adelaide, I think they may then lose to GWS in Canberra.

West Coast: 15-7 (losing to Sydney at the SCG, Brisbane at the Gabba).

Sydney: 14-8 (losing to Bulldogs at Marvel, GWS at Giants Stadium, Essendon at Marvel).

I feel like I wasn’t really factoring huge upsets either. Just stock-standard games that these teams can easily lose.

If we make up percentage (as we saw last night, teams above us can still get thrashed) and win our games, then we can make the top 4. Don’t think it’s impossible because our draw is rated the easiest remaining draw in the league. No guarantees that we’ll go back to good form of course, but our next 3 games (St Kilda, Gold Coast and Collingwood) will really set the scene on what we can expect from this season.

I think it’s too hard to draw a conclusion on the ladder now because there are still a lot of games to go. For our season, it probably will be easier to reassess once we know what happens in the next 3 games.

to me its always been more about the fixture and how that fell. even going back to the OP, it was a case of that most of the top 4 contenders had a lot of games against each other, or bottom 8 teams. Based on that it made it difficult for any of them to fall out without hoping for an unforeseen collapse. When predicting, you do not do it with "unforeseen" being your main factor, by default.

I honestly do not see many of the bottom 8 teams being capable of upsetting a top 4 fancy. Collingwood & Freo are an ex-factor due to coaching and home ground. - but if anything, we are as likely to lose to either of those 2 teams as anyone. Collingwood have a genuine hate of us and this match will likely be their 2021 "grand Final" & Harveys biggest chance to "prove" himself against a premier team, coach & system. We also play freo in Perth, meaning we are are as likely to drop a match to them that any other top 4 side. I think we will win both, but when accounting for the upset - same rules apply to us than anyone else.

FWIW, its been about 6 weeks since i made this post which was done about our chances for top 4. If anything it is proven to be very accurate. I would say our top 4 chances are much worse now than 6 weeks ago, as we lost all the key games i pointed out. -to Lions, Cats & Eagles.

It

to me its always been more about the fixture and how that fell. even going back to the OP, it was a case of that most of the top 4 contenders had a lot of games against each other, or bottom 8 teams. Based on that it made it difficult for any of them to fall out without hoping for an unforeseen collapse. When predicting, you do not do it with "unforeseen" being your main factor, by default.

I honestly do not see many of the bottom 8 teams being capable of upsetting a top 4 fancy. Collingwood & Freo are an ex-factor due to coaching and home ground. - but if anything, we are as likely to lose to either of those 2 teams as anyone. Collingwood have a genuine hate of us and this match will likely be their 2021 "grand Final" & Harveys biggest chance to "prove" himself against a premier team, coach & system. We also play freo in Perth, meaning we are are as likely to drop a match to them that any other top 4 side. I think we will win both, but when accounting for the upset - same rules apply to us than anyone else.

FWIW, its been about 6 weeks since i made this post which was done about our chances for top 4. If anything it is proven to be very accurate. I would say our top 4 chances are much worse now than 6 weeks ago, as we lost all the key games i pointed out. -to Lions, Cats & Eagles.

100% mate. last nights result is very close to putting a nail in our top 4 coffin imo. That WCE drop will prove to be ridiculously costly. if anyone can go on a tear from outside the top 4 and win the whole thing, we can. So all is not lost. I think our best footy is still the best footy and that isn't fantasy talk, many a commentator have said that as well. I think this talk of a top 4 slider falling from grace is just wishful thinking, it could happen, anything could happen but if anything the top 4 is proving to be even, beating eachother, no one said is getting beat up on, there doesn't look to be a likely slider. Bring on 5th and our greatest premiership yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back