Paul Seedsman - Collingwood's regret

Remove this Banner Ad

He is a great player. Obviously got us Howe which is a win but would have loved to still have both
He had many opportunities to prove his worth at Collingwood and he failed. Playing well at the moment but I was not fussed when we let him go.

He had many opportunities to prove his worth at Collingwood and he failed. Playing well at the moment but I was not fussed when we let him go.
Totally agree. He played some great games but also a lot of ordinary games. I don’t miss him at all. Glad that he is doing ok at Adelaide.

Good for him and the Crows that he's playing well. But I don't regret moving him on at all. Howe has been huge for us, just missing out on AA last year, and Seedsman was massively inconsistent and soft for us.

It was good for all parties.

Playing very well albeit very soft and outside and prone to cheap possessions on the boundary line. Possibly one we have let go that we might have liked to keep but I think we have already sufficiently replaced him.

Plus we landed Howe in that deal
Most of his possessions on Friday were contested, so we have developed the new improved model. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pleased to hear it. But we all know Sydney are soft at the contest......:D:D:D:D:D

Glad to see him playing well. No issues with us moving him on at the time though.
Agreed, as sometimes players need to move clubs to improve in a different environment.

You guys have benefited from an improved Howe.

Similarly I was glad we moved Lyons on to Gold Coast as was underutilised at AFC & pleased he is making the most of a full-time midfield role.

Application issues at the pies, fell in love with himself. Got his wake up call and has started to play some OK footy. Has not even strung a decent season together in his career so champion is a massive over statement.

Application issues at the pies, fell in love with himself. Got his wake up call and has started to play some OK footy. Has not even strung a decent season together in his career so champion is a massive over statement.
Apparently this year is the first time he’s had a full preseason and playing almost pain free. Relates to a hip operation he had years ago. Spent time in rehab last year strengthening specific muscles in an attempt to overcome it.

Has been able to develop his “man body” to stand up to playing consistent AFL football.
Sometimes we expect too much from the kids playing a mans game.
I think it was Adam Cooney who said it took him 4 pre-seasons to get his body & fitness right to play at an AFL level week in / week out
413EE420-1CBB-4E52-8BDC-317B9BF7A4D7.jpeg BBADD7CF-4172-4188-A3B7-856EF68CDC81.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back