News PeopleFirst (Bank) Stadium and Precinct

Remove this Banner Ad

Sitting here at home and watching on the tele, the bl**dy music is very annoying every time a goal is kicked.......I'd much prefer to see and hear the crowd's reaction.....

And I've read stories of Club Members going into the Members bar wearing the Club colours of the opposition and taking their oppo mates in with them......Not on, imo.........if that is true, then only members wearing Suns colours should be allowed entry, with or without their oppo mates.

Being a team that is so young, I think the 2nd team supporters are important... thinking long long term the next generation are likely to be SUNS supporters in the future.

Being a team that is so young, I think the 2nd team supporters are important... thinking long long term the next generation are likely to be SUNS supporters in the future.
Agree in that I also think they're important .........if they want to sit in the crowd in their 2nd team colours fair enough .....BUT.....they should be wearing their Suns Colours if they're heading into the MEMBERS bar......

Agree in that I also think they're important .........if they want to sit in the crowd in their 2nd team colours fair enough .....BUT.....they should be wearing their Suns Colours if they're heading into the MEMBERS bar......
Yeah fair enough. Tbh I've never even been into the members bar...

Sitting here at home and watching on the tele, the bl**dy music is very annoying every time a goal is kicked.......I'd much prefer to see and hear the crowd's reaction.....

And I've read stories of Club Members going into the Members bar wearing the Club colours of the opposition and taking their oppo mates in with them......Not on, imo.........if that is true, then only members wearing Suns colours should be allowed entry, with or without their oppo mates.
I can confirm that does happen at Metricon sadly. Completely agree, the whole point of a members bar is to be exclusive to SUNS fans.

Where's all this talk about Metricon folding coming from? I know the founder just passed (RIP) and I'd be slightly worried in case our sponsorship was a passion project for him but I was under the impression that Metricon was a pretty huge building company?
They are, but news reports are saying they are on the brink of collapse and have been heading that way for a while.

Metricon do deny they are in trouble and say it’s vicious rumours

Probuild and Condev have both gone under. It's not a huge leap to think Metricon might as well.
Both big and small building companies are having trouble as well as the trades that are supported by them

nearly every construction company has been under enormous financial stresses since the homebuilder grant was introduced, that is no secret. metricon being the largest builder in the country would be experiencing those pains at a larger scale than many others.

the biasin family has developed & founded a number of successful businesses surrounding and supporting the metricon brand. i can't speak for the legitimacy of the rumours outside of the fact the acting CEO has reiterated they are business as usual, with all contracts being profitable and ate in a strong financial position.

the biggest issue i see is the effect the media circus will cause on potential and current contracts. thousands of people who have contracts would be feeling very uneasy right now, but the real losses are the potential deposits they will lose.

the messaging has been strong today with countless suppliers and trades echoing their support for the business, expect to see a bigger response over the coming days.

the metricon brand has been a big part of the gold coast suns identity and it would be a massive shame if it all went downhill from a suns point of view, let alone my own personal reasons.

From Alder Constructions post on LinkedIn

After a very wet start to the project, Kool Beanz Academy The Suns at Metricon Stadium is out of the ground, with slabs poured and structure going up!

The classrooms, teaching facilities and specialty rooms are taking shape with an immersive outdoor environment to follow.

This 13,000sqm development will pioneer a new integrated childcare model with Autism QLD taking up residence in the facility, partnering with Kool Beanz and Gold Coast Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i would be surprised if the new sponsor was from the construction industry. builders struggling big time, but suppliers aren't immune to it all either.

gws don't have a corporate sponsor for their stadium anymore. we might end up the same way.

i would be surprised if the new sponsor was from the construction industry. builders struggling big time, but suppliers aren't immune to it all either.

gws don't have a corporate sponsor for their stadium anymore. we might end up the same way.
I think we'd be safer with construction than with crypto just quietly.

As much as I've grown accustomed to Metricon, I guess I could get used to Big Footy Stadium ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back