News PeopleFirst (Bank) Stadium and Precinct

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we'd be safer with construction than with crypto just quietly.

As much as I've grown accustomed to Metricon, I guess I could get used to Big Footy Stadium ;)
if we follow the Lakers in the NBA with something like "crypto.com stadium", I'm calling it "the crypt" haha

gws don't have a corporate sponsor for their stadium anymore. we might end up the same way.

It's not that GWS doesn't have a stadium sponsor, it's that they ARE the sponsor. They've got some wealthy backers who pay for the naming rights.

Sydney Thunder, who share the stadium, weren't happy about it though.

We've only had 2 or 3 games get below 10k this year.
Would this be our highest attended year in quite a while?
It certainly would be a lot better than GWS'

Does that include our games in Darwin and their games in Canberra?
This season, taking out Canberra and Darwin:

Sun's average = 12,360
Giant's average = 8,884 (Includes 25k crowd vs Swans at Accor - removing that leaves Giants NSW average at 6,103, less than half of the Sun's QLD average. When the Suns play a few years of finals like the Giants did I can easily see them beginning to absolutely dwarf them in crowd figures.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

METRICON Stadium will have a new name by the end of the year with the Gold Coast Suns losing two long-time sponsors on agreements worth millions of dollars.
However, the club is expected to unveil new replacement partners within weeks.
The club’s contracts with their stadium naming rights sponsor Metricon Homes and co-major jersey sponsor Cover-More are set to end on October 31, with neither expected to renew.
Despite the loss, Gold Coast is confident of plugging the revenue hole and is set to announce new partnerships as soon as next month

Remove this Banner Ad

Back