Universal Love Pick #2 - Welcome Andrew Brayshaw - 2022 AFLPA MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

Dead set ripper of a kid and has become one of my favourite picks in a long time.

Something about him just says "I'm may not be the best player and i may not play for the best team but I'll drag you along with me until we are best."

Get well mate. You have the purple army at your back!!

Poor baby. I just want to give him a cuddle. But also so proud to have him in the purple.

So young and already so mature. All his team mates interviewed vouch for his character. I’m hoping his character will carry him through this and that this injury will be the making of him as a player and a leader, and not the breaking of him. :freo::heart::heart:

I love this kid already.

Last edited:

Poor baby. I just want to give him a cuddle. But also so proud to have him in the purple.

So young and already so mature. All his team mates interviewed vouch for his character. I’m hoping his character will carry him through this and that this injury will be the making of him as a player and a leader, and not the breaking of him. :freo::heart::heart:

I love this kid already.
What a quality individual Andrew is ,Has conducted himself like a leader in the making .

Hes still suffering thru that interview. it was actually quite disturbing to listen to him and felt quite protective and really quite angry and offended at what Gaff did.

He's a keeper, think hes burrowed into the club's psyche in some respects.

Cant help thinking Freo isnt finished with this by a long way. The next derby will be a tinder box and could be demo derby #2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St. Cicitriaz is the biggest mulpet of them all. So much salt toward Freo and Ross.

I suppose I’m a flog. I changed teams (West Coast to Freo) at the drop of a hat in 1994/1995.
Wally your done admitting you are a former WC flog. For a penalty I am taking away from you your most prized possessions your bunch of bananas and your paint brushes and you can look at your half empty paint can .:p:p:D:):)

We landed a beauty here with our pick 2. Will be the heart and soul of our football club for a long time. Has the talent to go with it too. The worlds his oyster for sure!

C'mon yyou you've got to give this kid some credit...? :) Absolute champion. These are the kinds of characters you need to build a premiership list.
Lovely kid yes
Good footballer yes
Worth pick 2? I can't see it YET, but I hope he does do well
& of course speedy recovery

Agree with all the positive sentiment on this thread. That is such a harrowing interview. What an amazing young man this kid is. Football is so much more than just football, we're so lucky to have this kid at our club. If the rumours are true that we were hoping that he would fall thru to pick 5 before we got pick 2 then I totally understand why. Between Fyfe and Brayshaw, we have 2 of the best human beings in football at our club.

He was playing really well today too. Should have nabbed a RS nomination had he finished the game and we were closer in score line.
Yes everyone commiserates with Gaff being ineligible for the Brownlow but at least he can go for it next year. Andy won't get another chance at Rising Star.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes everyone commiserates with Gaff being ineligible for the Brownlow but at least he can go for it next year. Andy won't get another chance at Rising Star.

Gaff ain’t gonna ever win a Brownlow, purely because of the mental residue in umpires minds. Guarantee he will be a gun but ain’t ever gonna take a Charlie home. “His cross to bare” unfortunately. Same time secretly hoping Freo pull the mother of all rabbits and get him through free agency. He is a unequivocally a gun footy player...

I guess Andy can always win a Brownlow...and a norm smith....and a dangly to go with it while holding up the cup!

During Brayshaws the interview he heaped praise on Ross for everything he’s done be for him during his first year and on game day after the incident.
Ross also showed his compassion for the young bloke when in hospital that night.
Now I’m in no way a Ross lover but it really seems he has a strong rapport with the players, kudos Ross, I see you in a different light.....

It's a shame he didn't get a rising star nomination and $20,000 attached to it but he's won respect everywhere which will last longer than this year ... And yes hopefully will get other more meaningful achievements.
upload_2018-8-12_12-49-20.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back