Player Watch Pick #51 (2017) - Kane Farrell

Remove this Banner Ad

If Sam Gray retains form I would have no objection to him coming back in, but I would not want it at the expense of Kane. Not sure how we would fit two small forwards into the team but Sam at his best would have been useful in yesterday's game. Kane has earnt himself a place and should not be on a "last in, first out" list.
Liked some of his work after his first quarter goals. He seemed to be one of the few players prepared to attack the ball and run past players to mark or get a disposal.

Gday guys,

Here are some Kane Farrell highlights.

In amongst the goals are a couple of handy marks and some smart decisions made with the ball, the kick out in front of Boak was a highlight too.

Cheers

Even his quick snap... think after wingard fumbled it... was a how do I say it... he (quickly) looked up... knew there was a player there and kicked it... instead of just planting on his foot...

Gday guys,

In amongst the goals are a couple of handy marks and some smart decisions made with the ball, the kick out in front of Boak was a highlight too.

Cheers

Thanks . These video highlights, shows, in a condensed time frame, the work Farrell did during the game ... loved it .. :thumbsu:

Loved his bounce as he ran into the goalsquare. Perfectly executed so as to not even break stride. So many times we Port players with a poor bounce, allowing the chasers to close in... Not in this case. I was so happy for him to successfully goal after being caught last week with HTB. I was worried it might affect his confidence ... But not so!

Hope to see many more of those in years to come!

PS ... Hope some of the Watts baggers here give kudos to Watts for the two goals Kane scored off the Watts handballs. Just perfect they were!

Gday guys,

Cheers

I noticed this was your 51st post to correlate with Kane being last year's 51st pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gday guys,

Cheers

The lad has plenty of leg power + Watts was superb to set up his goals.

Rooch gives him a big write up today. Has a mature attitude - was prepared to move anywhere

Port Adelaide novice Kane Farrell learns the AFL dream is much more than he imagined as a football junior

KANE Farrell is living the dream. But the dream - no matter how many times the new Port Adelaide speed machine played it out in the park at Castlemaine - is quite different when destiny has your second AFL game unfold in a Showdown. “When it came to being drafted ... running out to 50-60,000 people was the childhood dream,” said Farrell, the No. 51 pick in last year’s AFL national draft. Farrell’s second big-league game - Showdown 45, after making his AFL debut in his “backyard” at Ballarat six days earlier - had 50,377 at Adelaide Oval, just as in the dream. He kicked three goals in the first term of the derby. “No, you can’t dream that,” said Farrell. “And it is still a blur to me.

“I just moved through a lot of guys,” adds Farrell, who has impressed with his speed, “to be at the right spot at the right time.” Farrell, 19, is the modern AFL player with the old-fashioned themes that are so challenged by the professional era. He grew up as a Geelong fan, following the family line as his father Stephen and older brother Brodie cheered for the Cats. But when he signed his AFL draft form - after drawing the attention of the recruiting scouts in the TAC Cup under-18 system at Bendigo - he had his bag packed for any of the 18 AFL stations. “I knew I had to move (to play AFL),” said Farrell. “And I would have gone anywhere. When it was Port Adelaide, I was pretty happy. I was moving to a good club.” Farrell did come to the AFL with a precise left foot - “a lovely left foot,” says Power development coach Aaron Greaves....................................
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...r/news-story/6074f3a3ad069bdb1f0c1de7a60797cd

THEY CALL HIM “FAZ”
THEY call him “Faz” (as with Collingwood’s Alex Fasolo, a nickname Channel 7 commentator Brian Taylor is sure to savour). Kane Farrell came to Port Adelaide with the moniker. “It’s from one of my mates (at Castlemaine); obviously, it is from my last name,” said the Power latest AFL debutant. “And it’s stuck.” Farrell, the Power’s second pick in last year’s national draft, arrived at Alberton in the summer to live his childhood dream to be an AFL player - and with the clear understanding it would not just happen by talent alone. Farrell’s speed - and neat left-foot kicking to load up team-mates and to finish, as he did with three goals in the Showdown - give the teenager a sound base on which to build a long AFL career.

I live and work where he comes from and a good sauce said Kane loves the club. Has family in Adelaide but hasn't asked for any help from them because we (the club) have been great in supporting him and wants to stay long term. Work ethic is top notch too.

Barring injury this guy should be a 200 game player for us.

I live and work where he comes from and a good sauce said Kane loves the club. Has family in Adelaide but hasn't asked for any help from them because we (the club) have been great in supporting him and wants to stay long term. Work ethic is top notch too.

Barring injury this guy should be a 200 game player for us.
mmmm .... noice
music to my ears

There's a self assuredness about the lad that I love. His 3rd goal in the showdown when Watts gave off to him.
He knew he was in space, paused for a moment then delivered. His 2nd (?) goal that game came from gut running
to be front n centre for the give off.

Very very upbeat on Kane

Hope this kid doesn't just get tossed aside based on his last three games. He could be the kind of Luke Breust-type player who we need to provide a moving target in the forward lines. Although if he gets the service Jake Neade and Sam Gray continually got then his career could be short-lived. He's looking like the kind of player we need, with a couple of his pack marks and goal sense. He, Dixon, Frampton and Marshall could be the forward line Ken has been unable to put together this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back