Remove this Banner Ad

The Magnificent Seven

Bucks Lockdown Beard, The Sherriff, Rrrooocccaaa
Jun 4, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-09-15/pies-land-sanderson

The Collingwood Football Club has finalised its full-time senior coaching panel with the appointment of Brenton Sanderson as assistant coach.

Sanderson brings a wealth of coaching experience to the group, having held senior and assistant coaching roles at various AFL clubs and completed two years as head coach of the AFL National Academy where he worked closely with the country’s most talented teenagers.

Sanderson arrives at the Holden Centre as part of a football department revamp, joining Robert Harvey and Scott Burns as the three men to stand side by side with senior coach Nathan Buckley in 2017.

I feel like this is good progress. Something bigger is building for 2017.

Jonno94

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
If he is taking over the forward line then who is going to be the senior assistant? Tapping hasn't coached in the AFL before, it would be a huge upgrade if it is him.

If he is taking over the forward line then who is going to be the senior assistant? Hopefully Tapping, but he hasn't coached in the AFL before.

The article said the coaching line up is finalised which would suggest they Tapping is staying in the VFL.

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Looking forward to the period in 2-4 years of young players coming to us saying they have a good relationship with Sando due to the academy, similar to Taylor Adams and Bucks.

Good to see some experience arrive. Yes he was sacked (?) from Adelaide but you can't deny that he knew what he was doing.

Look forward to next year. Welcome.

Without a senior assistant? Wut, is Buckley going to do it all himself?
They mentioned with Balme not taking up the role it leaves a vacancy in the director of coaching.
Also said if that role is filled they can spend $$ elsewhere, I suggested a ruck coach but no-one heard me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They mentioned with Balme not taking up the role it leaves a vacancy in the director of coaching.
Also said if that role is filled they can spend $$ elsewhere, I suggested a ruck coach but no-one heard me.

Isn't Maric going to be the ruck coach?

Would love to poach Monkey from Hawthorn as ruck coach

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe a full time development coach and some more draft scouts would be useful.

Looking forward to the period in 2-4 years of young players coming to us saying they have a good relationship with Sando due to the academy, similar to Taylor Adams and Bucks.

Yep, this is a huge pro in a situation like this. He has in-depth knowledge of many of the NA's best young kids, and will hopefully use that knowledge and the relationships he built with those kids to get them to the Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back