Player you don’t want your club to draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hollow Sorrow

Hi, I’m vegan #BringBackTheBars
Feb 10, 2016
The skate park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Pyramid Power, Northern Pride & QLD
Joel Garner, a lot of Bigfooty Hawthorn supporters want to get with first pick at 43. He has good disposal, but doesn’t get another of it and can’t see how he will be able to lift his TAC cup form in the VFL/AFL.

Sam Hayes and Hunter Clark. Sam because he is a big ruckman that will take a minimum of 3 years before he gets a game, and in that time a Victorian club will likely poach him back and Hunter because I have looked at his highlights and his kicking is suspect at best. Every kick he has seems to miss his teammate or worse, go directly to the opposition.

Any key position player except for academy boy Connor Ballenden who hopefully gets bid on after we get our first 3 picks in.

eg. Sam Hayes, Jarrod Brander, Aaron Naughton, Callum Coleman-Jones. NOOOOO!

Darcy Fogarty. Don't care how talented he is, you just can't pick him at 4 given his year, plus I doubt he'll ever be fit enough to be a genuine mid. Looks like Jake Stringer mk 2, ie a half forward who does the flashy stuff better than the rest but not too much else. North desperately need a genuine elite mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He could turn out to be great, but there is too much of a risk using a first round draft pick on a player like Hayes. He is probably worth a punt using a 3rd round pick, but nothing before then.
At pick 25 for us I’d still be extremely hesitant. Horrible combine results and slow. If English slid to 18 Hayes could slip to 35+

Haiden Schloithe

I'd rather not take Petrucelle or Worpel unless it's pick #37. I have a pretty open mind for #13 but not Oscar Allen - 21 or nothing.

Don't want Hayes at 10.

I've come around to selecting Cerra at 3, but I reckon there's a good chance he ends up a decent, but not elite midfielder.

Weird draft this one. There's 6-7 players I'd be happy to take at Pick 10 (Coffield, Bonar, Brayshaw, Fogarty, Stephenson, O'Brien, Higgins), and very happy with any of Rayner, LDU and Dow and Pick 3.

Darcy Fogarty. Don't care how talented he is, you just can't pick him at 4 given his year, plus I doubt he'll ever be fit enough to be a genuine mid. Looks like Jake Stringer mk 2, ie a half forward who does the flashy stuff better than the rest but not too much else. North desperately need a genuine elite mid.

Isn't a sort of Stringer type exactly what North need? They have plenty of tough inside mids and honest foot-soldiers....a bit of flashy run and flair is what they seem to be lacking.

Angus Brayshaw - I think if any one of 17 other clubs pick him up he'll become a star, but the Bulldogs have a curse that means anytime we take a kid who already has a brother in the AFL system, he just doesn't make it. Our list is extensive - Power, Talia, Sexton, Everitt, Jakovich, Bowden, etc etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back