Player you don’t want your club to draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't want Hayes at 10.

I've come around to selecting Cerra at 3, but I reckon there's a good chance he ends up a decent, but not elite midfielder.

Weird draft this one. There's 6-7 players I'd be happy to take at Pick 10 (Coffield, Bonar, Brayshaw, Fogarty, Stephenson, O'Brien, Higgins), and very happy with any of Rayner, LDU and Dow and Pick 3.
Agree - hoping Hayes slides to #30 as might be worth the risk as a later pick as it will be three years before he regularly plays AFL

Dont want any player that will pack his bags and go home after 3 years , I think Brisbane are trying to work out the best player to draft to stop this

Rayner dropping hints. Ridiculously low odds to walk.

Last edited:
Angus Brayshaw - I think if any one of 17 other clubs pick him up he'll become a star, but the Bulldogs have a curse that means anytime we take a kid who already has a brother in the AFL system, he just doesn't make it. Our list is extensive - Power, Talia, Sexton, Everitt, Jakovich, Bowden, etc etc

Too bad we've already got Angus. I think you mean Andrew (likely top 5-10) and/or Hamish (late-rookie).

Too bad we've already got Angus. I think you mean Andrew (likely top 5-10) and/or Hamish (late-rookie).
Whoops yes you're right.

Last time I posted in one of these threads I said Tom Lamb, and Lo and behold who did we draft that year?

It's probably not a matter of who I don't want to select, just a matter of when.

Like for example, I would be happy with Allen at 21 but not 13.

I have reservations on a guy like Liam Ryan and his ability to translate up to the next level- so I would hope that if we do take the risk it would be at 69.

I don't want us to take any mature age players, id atleast want a player ive watched a fair bit off this year. The last player I didn't want at a pick was Zach Merrett so yeah not going to make a claim like that again haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Angus Brayshaw - I think if any one of 17 other clubs pick him up he'll become a star, but the Bulldogs have a curse that means anytime we take a kid who already has a brother in the AFL system, he just doesn't make it. Our list is extensive - Power, Talia, Sexton, Everitt, Jakovich, Bowden, etc etc
Don Whitten, Graeme Cordy

Those stats don't lie

Jack Higgins or Charlie Constable at either 15 or 18.

Also what Jason said.
Any key position player except for academy boy Connor Ballenden who hopefully gets bid on after we get our first 3 picks in.

eg. Sam Hayes, Jarrod Brander, Aaron Naughton, Callum Coleman-Jones. NOOOOO!

Petrucelle. Way too inconsistent.

Allen-decent player but i am not sure if he will make it as a kpf and i dont think he is a mid.

Tom mccartin low production and poor kicking.

Sambono at any of our 2nd rounders (too risky early).

No slow inside mids (sorry worpel).

Joel Garner, a lot of Bigfooty Hawthorn supporters want to get with first pick at 43. He has good disposal, but doesn’t get another of it and can’t see how he will be able to lift his TAC cup form in the VFL/AFL.
He'd definitely be a good bowling option, that's for sure.

What's the reasoning? I reckon he's exactly what we need.

Reminds me a lot of Zorko.

Think at the pick it's more of I think theirs better options, I personally don't have Higgins in my top 10 prospects. Watched a lot of him, don't think he's a natural modern day small forward as he doesn't apply enough pressure. I can see why you'd compare him to Zorko but when I see him I see more of Lewis Taylor. He's a good kick but often when I've watched him he's getting the ball in ordinary spots up the ground and looking for a 15m chip sideways. If he develops the ability to not only be accurate by foot but also have a penetrating field kick I think he'd be a better prospect.

One's I'd draft subject to availability other than the obvious top picks at #10 would be Brayshaw, Fogarty and Coffield over Higgins.

What's the reasoning? I reckon he's exactly what we need.

Reminds me a lot of Zorko.

I like Higgins but he definitely doesn't have the acceleration of Zorko, will never be able to separate like he does. Seems like a Toby Greene/Sidebottom hybrid to me if comparing types.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back