Preview Port Adelaide vs Brisbane - Round 1 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody germans. I thought we won the war. They're making us eat sauerkraut now
fawlty towers funny walk GIF

Fcuk you Jeremy McGovern you campaigner!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have a problem with McKenzie over Clurey.
My problem is they should both be playing ahead of Jonas.

Bonner and Burgoyne both should be ahead of DBJ or Jones. Jones has potential, but majorly needs to tidy up his disposal.

When Finlayson is fit to play he comes straight in for Lycett. How that guy still gets a game at this level is beyond me.

Jase wasn’t great in the preseason, but nor were 30 of his fellow teammates. By memory, Kysaih Pickett kicked a lazy 6 last time Ken endorsed DBJ over Jase.

When Finlayson is fit to play he comes straight in for Lycett. How that guy still gets a game at this level is beyond me.

Jase wasn’t great in the preseason, but nor were 30 of his fellow teammates. By memory, Kysaih Pickett kicked a lazy 6 last time Ken endorsed DBJ over Jase.
Finlayson and lycett will both play together when he returns. Hinkley isnt dropping Lycett. Who makes way will be the question, MG maybe.

How can people watch Jones used as a midfield option all preseason

Then get annoyed he is picked over a back pocket

Theyve clearly gone with Burton on Cameron again what means one of Cluery or Mckenzie needs to come in to play on their 3rd tall, thats Burgoynes spot.

How can people watch Jones used as a midfield option all preseason

Then get annoyed he is picked over a back pocket

Theyve clearly gone with Burton on Cameron again what means one of Cluery or Mckenzie needs to come in to play on their 3rd tall, thats Burgoynes spot.
Correct , diff roles. Burgoyne would have to play at the expense of dbj (no chance with hinks) or as sub/emergency.

Pretty happy with that team. Burgoyne was really costly in the preseason and actively hurt us at times. McKenzie able to play tall and still use the ball well is much better imo against that Brisbane forward line.

Jones replacing Boak - meh. I'm not sold on Jones in this new role, seems the coaches are excited by his physicality not his output but I expect Boak back next week. Drew is a surprise - I'd like to see Butters in that midfield instead.

Lycett obviously had to play, he's the best ruckman we have (admittedly not saying much). And Bonner or Burgoyne likely to be the sub from those emergencies.

Would prefer if Bonner was getting games frankly. His skills are more important than someone like Jones' pressure if we're to actually play a fast attacking style of play. Says to me that's not actually the intention.

Close to as good as we've got, lets see how close we can get to the most stacked side in the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back