Preview Port Adelaide vs Brisbane - Round 1 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day Port fans,

Just seeing where you see match-ups?

Terrorise gags aside do you imagine any lockdown roles in the midfield, Neale or McCluggage? I'd assume both mids will probably just go head to head.

Andrews from memory has done well against Dixon. Payne to get Marshall who i rate highly, Payne is handy but could have his hands full. McKenna should know Fantasia well and match him for pace, leaving Starcevich for Rioli. Finlayson would have stretched us, but Rayner will still have an interesting assignment with Georgiades - not a big player but has a big leap.

Rucks are not our strength per se but McInerney is decent - Lycett has had his issues but perhaps back at full fitness will be a different prospect.

Are you guys assuming JHF hits his straps a bit later in the season given the surgery in the off-season?

Terrorise gags aside do you imagine any lockdown roles in the midfield, Neale or McCluggage? I'd assume both mids will probably just go head to head.
Willem Drew might run with someone.

Jed McEntee late inclusion to terrorise Lachie Neale?

G'day Port fans,

Andrews from memory has done well against Dixon. Payne to get Marshall who i rate highly, Payne is handy but could have his hands full. McKenna should know Fantasia well and match him for pace, leaving Starcevich for Rioli. Finlayson would have stretched us, but Rayner will still have an interesting assignment with Georgiades - not a big player but has a big leap.

Rucks are not our strength per se but McInerney is decent - Lycett has had his issues but perhaps back at full fitness will be a different prospect.

Are you guys assuming JHF hits his straps a bit later in the season given the surgery in the off-season?

I can see Drew following around Dunkley and can see Burton playing super tight on Cameron. Otherwise I reckon we just go head to head

G'day Port fans,

He could if we weren't likely blindly kick it to Charlie and stubbornly refuse to change it up throughout the game.

G'day Port fans,

Outside of Drew which others have mentioned, I don’t think Port really have a run-with player. I can see Drew going to Neade or Dunkley.

Looking on paper, Brisbanes back six and Port’s front six (if they are all fit) could be pretty even, but it’s Port’s backline against Brisbane’s forwards that a concern. I don’t think Port have a small defender for Cameron and Hipwood for some reason loves playing Port.

As for JHF, that’s an interesting one. In the second trial game he was one of the better players, but he has only played 17 games. So he will probably be more flashes of brilliance.

Do we have anyone...just anyone who can mimic the trifecta of Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis?
Even beginners that look like them.
On field Marshalls with voice and skill.
Stand up if you are even remotely like any one of those 3.

I hate being Hawthorn centric, but I've seen vids of Hawthorn duo Peter Hudson and Robert Keddie in tandem.
Got anything like that too?

That trio and that duo and a premiership awaits.
Maybe they play for Brisbane.

I don't have a problem with McKenzie over Clurey.
My problem is they should both be playing ahead of Jonas.

Bonner and Burgoyne both should be ahead of DBJ or Jones. Jones has potential, but majorly needs to tidy up his disposal.
Agree with your comments 100%. DBJ & Jones butcher the footy, we dont need to look like Cartlon did last night. Lets play like Richmond, quick accurate ball movement from HB. Bonner & Burgoyne offer this IF they are given the footy. Unfortunately, this doesn't happen enough, and they aren't used to their strengths. #hinkleyout

Lot of negativity around. We have the troops, it's the coach that is the issue. Brisbane are good but slightly overrated by the media.

A thumping win could possibly be at least an endorsement of Stinkers by the players. Well, until next week.

A big loss... and STINKERS MUST BE SACKED. Yes, sacked after a round 1 loss. There is no more time to waste.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Pointer Sisters sang - I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it.

I'm so unexcited about footy and Port at the moment. Never been this unexcited at the start of a season.

Turned on the footy last night early in the 3rd quarter. Put my tip in for yesterday's game about 4pm, still haven't done the last game and only looked up the named team at my lunch break about 90 minutes ago.

Lot of negativity around. We have the troops, it's the coach that is the issue. Brisbane are good but slightly overrated by the media.

A thumping win could possibly be at least an endorsement of Stinkers by the players. Well, until next week.

A big loss... and STINKERS MUST BE SACKED. Yes, sacked after a round 1 loss. There is no more time to waste.
I think you would have to go a long way to find a better front 6 then what the Lions currently possess & their midfield is filled with top end talent. I don’t think they’re overrated at all, & have them penciled in for a spot in the GF against Melbourne or the Dogs.

We all know what Hinkley brings to the table….nothing but a stale fart in a broken down lift that Kochie can’t get enough off. Anyway, I’ve got my eyes fixed on the future, in particular the progress of Bergman, JHF, Visentini, Pasini, Sinn, Scully & Jase.

Here’s to new beginnings….it can’t come quick enough.

I like how this post started out by tempering the general sense of pessimism and then by the end it was 'Sack Hinkley, there is no time to waste'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back