Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the vic flogs love a "bad boy" (eg. shitty douchebag human), eddie losing his marbles over stringer, even the umps are in on it
Is Stringer even a 'bad boy' or is he just a knob? To my knowledge he's had no real off field incidents, just a dog of a fella who chases high school girls when he has a wife and kid.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Is Stringer even a 'bad boy' or is he just a knob? To my knowledge he's had no real off field incidents, just a dog of a fella who chases high school girls when he has a wife and kid.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

doesnt that count? he also got one of the worst tats in afl history and always comes back with a fat gut

oh yeah, and the dogs thought he was enough of a flog to force out the door and they've had tom liberatore for years

i dont really care that much about him, but i despise essendon more than i hate geelong.

I've actually had some very good experiences with Essendon fans in Melbourne. I've had nothing but horrible experiences with Geelong fans. If it came down to picking one to truly hate more than the other its Geelong by a country mile. * that club and all who sail on her.

So given the scoring has reverted to 2019 levels, has the man on the mark rule actually achieved anything other than "STAAAAAUNND" and making the player on the mark look silly?
The only player I see exploiting it the best is Amon, that handball standing right next to the rooted player works wonders.
I don't know why more don't do it.

So given the scoring has reverted to 2019 levels, has the man on the mark rule actually achieved anything other than "STAAAAAUNND" and making the player on the mark look silly?
Yes.

Game manipulation, which is what it was always brought in to achieve. See: Wines, Ladhams moments.

The rule has also been allowed to lapse. Pre-season and early rounds any hint of movement was a 50 (Ollie jumping on the spot to contest a set shot). Now players have 3 seconds, 10m and 4 calls of 'stand' before any potential 50 is paid. Its either a hard and fast rule which needs to be adjudicated that way, or they scrap this lame duck attempt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rule has also been allowed to lapse. Pre-season and early rounds any hint of movement was a 50 (Ollie jumping on the spot to contest a set shot). Now players have 3 seconds, 10m and 4 calls of 'stand' before any potential 50 is paid. Its either a hard and fast rule which needs to be adjudicated that way, or they scrap this lame duck attempt.

The problem is 50m is such a harsh penalty when scoring is so difficult in the modern game. Maybe they should be able to pay a 25m penalty for things like moving 2 inches on the mark and reserve 50m for egregious stuff like late hits etc

did you guys see the latest incident from the victorian footy game someone did something our player gets suspended for but it wasn't even reported protected species huh we should write in to the herald sun until we make some noise about it can't wait to tune in next weekend to see if it's fixed up

The problem is 50m is such a harsh penalty when scoring is so difficult in the modern game. Maybe they should be able to pay a 25m penalty for things like moving 2 inches on the mark and reserve 50m for egregious stuff like late hits etc

No sanfool in the afool

did you guys see the latest incident from the victorian footy game someone did something our player gets suspended for but it wasn't even reported protected species huh we should write in to the herald sun until we make some noise about it can't wait to tune in next weekend to see if it's fixed up

There is an article online that says if Toby Greene did what Selwood did he’d get 4 weeks minimum

There is an article online that says if Toby Greene did what Selwood did he’d get 4 weeks minimum

i literally heard someone say that over coffee this morning. the AFL industry script is easier to follow than a Bananas in Pyjamas episode. you even know what opinions everyday people at work and such will have.

Hawthorn fans significantly outnumbered by Bombers fans at this game (in Launceston).

Just on this, Tasmanian Hawthorn supporters get to see Hawthorn 4 times a year for the last 20 years. Essendon supporters - never. If you were a Tasmanian based Essendon supporter, your motivation to get to this game would be significantly higher than it would be for the Hawks supporters.

Just on this, Tasmanian Hawthorn supporters get to see Hawthorn 4 times a year for the last 20 years. Essendon supporters - never. If you were a Tasmanian based Essendon supporter, your motivation to get to this game would be significantly higher than it would be for the Hawks supporters.
I’m pissed off that the first year they put us in Melbourne and Essendon in Tassie is the year I’m in Tassie when we play Hawthorn!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back