Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an article online that says if Toby Greene did what Selwood did he’d get 4 weeks minimum
The "If Toby Greene did that" story is one of the weirdest things going around the AFL media and social media.

Toby Greene collects Luke Dalhaus in the face with his boot when taking a mark... fine. Well fine as in monetary sanction. Now that one was arguably him just putting up his leg and not a deliberate kick out.

But after all of the controversy over the blow to Dalhaus's face, Toby Greene back it up with:

Thats a clear kick at Aliir and Newman (I think) in the first two. Result of those? Fined, no suspension.

Toby Greene up on serious misconduct for eye gouging Marcus Bontempelli in the 2019 Elimination final... $7500 fine.
So guess what he did to Lachie Neale in the semi final the following week? Before finally copping a suspension.

So for what Selwood did, he actually got a bigger fine, and then a 1 week suspension for doing it for the second final in a row.

The "If Toby Greene did that" story is one of the weirdest things going around the AFL media and social media.

Toby Greene collects Luke Dalhaus in the face with his boot when taking a mark... fine. Well fine as in monetary sanction. Now that one was arguably him just putting up his leg and not a deliberate kick out.

But after all of the controversy over the blow to Dalhaus's face, Toby Greene back it up with:

Thats a clear kick at Aliir and Newman (I think) in the first two. Result of those? Fined, no suspension.

Toby Greene up on serious misconduct for eye gouging Marcus Bontempelli in the 2019 Elimination final... $7500 fine.
So guess what he did to Lachie Neale in the semi final the following week? Before finally copping a suspension.

So for what Selwood did, he actually got a bigger fine, and then a 1 week suspension for doing it for the second final in a row.

Like I said Greene would have got 4 weeks.

i literally heard someone say that over coffee this morning. the AFL industry script is easier to follow than a Bananas in Pyjamas episode. you even know what opinions everyday people at work and such will have.

This isnt saying much. Rat in a hat was a loose cannon, you never knew where he would take things.

Harrison Jones gets the rising star nom this week
Miles Bergman stiff.

14 disposals, 8 marks, 2 goalsv\ for Jones, against 23 disposals 7 marks for Berg

Miles Bergman stiff.

14 disposals, 8 marks, 2 goalsv\ for Jones, against 23 disposals 7 marks for Berg

one plays for a Victorian team in a flux close game between “traditional“ rivals versus an interstate player playing against another interstate team buried in a early Saturday time slot.

No Victorian commentator would have watched the game, so no press…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones was excellent, had a huge impact on that game. Essendon don't win without his contributions. I have no issue with that decision.
Honestly I just don't give a s**t about it and I highly doubt Miles does either. If he's good enough he'll get his nomination at some point anyway.

I'd rather see him with a premiership medallion around his neck than a Rising Star award.

Wait until Jones polls more votes than Georgiades at the end of the year. The whole thing is a vic wank fest

Rhys Palmer did beat Cyril Rioli... we have had two winners also.

Pretty sure Tredrea and Jakovich are (or at least were) on the panel and they add some much needed non-Vic bias to counter the overwhelming Vic-bias.

Rhys Palmer did beat Cyril Rioli... we have had two winners also.

Pretty sure Tredrea and Jakovich are (or at least were) on the panel and they add some much needed non-Vic bias to counter the overwhelming Vic-bias.

Lewis Taylor (who?....am I right?) beat Bontempelli in 2014. The award, whilst nice, means nothing as to who will have the better career.

Lol. Here's the carrot, but you have to do this to get it, regardless if they are the right people.

It's this s**t that makes getting an AFLW team such a priority.

Lol. Here's the carrot, but you have to do this to get it, regardless if they are the right people.

Given the clusterf&ck that is now the Collingwood Footy Club it seems pretty clear to me they have failed to get 'the right people' for the past decade. That is if the 'right people' is about competence and capability as opposed to allegiances to particular media fiefdoms.

Adhering to a Victorian Government requirement that their Board go some way in reflecting the gender mix of the outside world before getting multi million dollar taxpayer funding would seem to be the least of their worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back