Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Noble. He is just so frustrated. He has apparently spent 10 hours trying to get Sloane off. Very frustrated at the charge. How terrible for that club to find that things don't always go their way. Poor Rowdy is so upset too. :'( To reassure their customers, the Crows will be having very strong words with Mark Evans about this. They are not happy that things don't go their way. They are very experienced at having their strong sooks to the AFL.
If they are so confident in their opinion they should appeal.

Poor Noble. He is just so frustrated. He has apparently spent 10 hours trying to get Sloane off. Very frustrated at the charge. How terrible for that club to find that things don't always go their way. Poor Rowdy is so upset too. :'( To reassure their customers, the Crows will be having very strong words with Mark Evans about this. They are not happy that things don't go their way. They are very experienced at having their strong sooks to the AFL.
I heard that. I have zero doubt that all that crying on radio was just to appear to be saying something because of the outraged fans, but internally they wouldve been 100% clear that the penalty was fair and correct.

My heart bleeds for them.

I heard that. I have zero doubt that all that crying on radio was just to appear to be saying something because of the outraged fans, but internally they wouldve been 100% clear that the penalty was fair and correct.
I have yet to hear any of them say which bit of the careless-medium impact-high rating they think they could reasonably argue against. So far, all I've heard is what a good bloke Sloane is.

I have yet to hear any of them say which bit of the careless-medium impact-high rating they think they could reasonably argue against. So far, all I've heard is what a good bloke Sloane is.

Their argument can be summed up as:

1. Brad Ebert is a bleeder
2. The AFL doesn't want them to have a home final.
3. Brett Ebert has a big head.
4. Brad Ebert wasn't concussed, the PAFC medical team fudged their medical report
5. Brad Ebert was concussed, but from a previous incident when he collided with Eddie Betts shoulder.
6. Brodie Smith was taken from the field with concussion because an unknown Port player kicked him in the head.
7. A 10yo Port supporter called Joe the Goose a mother*er.

4. Brad Ebert wasn't concussed, the PAFC medical team fudged their medical report
5. Brad Ebert was concussed, but from a previous incident when he collided with Eddie Betts shoulder.
6. Brodie Smith was taken from the field with concussion because an unknown Port player kicked him in the head.
7. A 10yo Port supporter called Joe the Goose a mothergoose.
And Rowey stated our doctors virtually lied to get Sloane suspended

I listened long enough to AA tonight to hear one lovely chap ring up and say Brad bleeds to easy and shouldn't be allowed to play until it's sorted.

STOP GETTING PUNCHED IN THE HEAD BRAD YOU JERK!!!

That is the best one, if that was the case Eddie should be spending time on the sidelines.

Didn't he say the pafc doctors fudged their report, and then retracted his statement 10 mins later.
Keith would have been thrilled.
He said he was just joking, but in all honesty, would he say that about the Crows doctors if the tables were turned. You can bet your whaaambulance, he wouldn't. Truly pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sloanes hit wasnt that different to Jonas's hit on that west coast player both where spoils to the head..just the outcomes and penalties where different.

Sloanes hit wasnt that different to Jonas's hit on that west coast player both where spoils to the head..just the outcomes and penalties where different.

They were totally different. Sloane came from the side and Jonas was front on contact. Gaff was stretchered off, took no further part in the game and missed the next week. Ebert played out the game and will play this weekend.

Doctors would be happy with some fat campaigner who sits behind a microphone questioning their integrity.

Maybe the Doctors could get their lawyers onto rowey the same way rowey siked his lawyers onto Wakes when Wakelin mentioned that rowes opinion should be taken with a grain of salt cause the fat s**t is a crows ambassador

The Sydney Swans are pleased to announce Qatar Airways as the Club’s Official International Airline Partner.

Oh dear ... Adelaide was sure they would be with them, seeing as they are going to fly in/out of Adelaide..

View attachment 279835

"Adelaide must today sacrifice Sloane's Brownlow Medal of the MRP altar" :eek:

#cringelaide

that shows how stupid the Adelaide media is .. and how much the Advertiser is BS

the cows tried everything to get him off .. "they even paid for the expertise of a Queen’s Counsel — before deciding not to contest the suspension".

so it wasn't a sacrifice it was that they ran out of options .. and they didn't want to take a risk

Chad Cornes' high praise for the attitude and hard work of the GWS players. We can only hope he is seeing the same at Port, or developing those high expectations and tough lessons in our young ones. His effect on the magpies players, rookies and newer recruits are perhaps starting to show through. If the foundations weren't there, it is perhaps a bit too late for some of the older players:

"Cornes left GWS at the end of 2015 following four seasons as a player and coach, and now heads up Port Adelaide's SANFL team.

He vividly remembers the early years at the Giants surrounded by kids fresh out of the draft, a playing group that would absorb weekly floggings instead of dishing them out.

Less than half a decade on, Cornes said the harsh lessons learnt in those embryonic years had set the club up for a period of sustained dominance."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/greater-western-sydney-giants/gws-giants-are-on-track-to-become-and-afl-super-club-according-to-chad-cornes-20160809-gqohat.html?eid=cpc:nnn-14omn2216-optim-nnn:eek:utbrain-outbrain_paid-dom-displayad-nnn-age-nnn&campaign_code=15caf002&promote_channel=sem&utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=paid outbrain

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back