Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. He hasn't torn games up with the Magpies so as with many players it's a leap of faith to put them in the AFL team. We can't have been desperate to see him in action as he's contracted for another year. So it's probably based on attitude, training, meeting KPIs and the like; rather than spectacular play.
Na, he's played some very good football for the maggies. Hardly a leap of faith or a token selection.

Na, he's played some very good football for the maggies. Hardly a leap of faith or a token selection.
Yeah I said nothing about a token selection. Bonner's OK with the Maggies but his selection absolutely was a leap of faith. Might just as easily have been Houston. Palmer, Austin and Snelling were much more clearly due a chance.
But then when the time comes who knows who succeeds at AFL level and who doesn't? Players like Kane Mitchell and Sam Colquhoun look really good in the SANFL but not in the AFL. And so on.

I'll definitely be praying for a Howks win to ensure the cows will host Dad's Army in a knockout final.

Speaking of #lolnorf, Petrie would wanna play a helluva lot better than his dismal 4 touch, no score game tonight.

If there's any justice in this world the hawks will win tomorrow. People like David Penberthy don't deserve any joy in their lives, none at all.

Has Kate changed her name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll definitely be praying for a Howks win to ensure the cows will host Dad's Army in a knockout final.

Speaking of #lolnorf, Petrie would wanna play a helluva lot better than his dismal 4 touch, no score game tonight.

Saving himself for next week against the Cows ya hope. I'll barrack for anyone else playing #lolnorf but never for the West Lakes Whingers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DSCF5110.jpg
Bored-on-Friday.jpg

Port Forum until next year....

Yeah I said nothing about a token selection. Bonner's OK with the Maggies but his selection absolutely was a leap of faith. Might just as easily have been Houston. Palmer, Austin and Snelling were much more clearly due a chance.
But then when the time comes who knows who succeeds at AFL level and who doesn't? Players like Kane Mitchell and Sam Colquhoun look really good in the SANFL but not in the AFL. And so on.

I dunno, Colquhoun doesn't look much different in the SANFL to what he does in the AFL. Just a slow, one paced accumulator with no penetration in his kick. Bonner has looked a likely type who could take his game onto the bigger stage all year.

Saving himself for next week against the Cows ya hope. I'll barrack for anyone else playing #lolnorf but never for the West Lakes Whingers.

The Crows could be playing the Taliban in a knock out final, and I'd still be hesitant about who to barrack for.

Not really. He hasn't torn games up with the Magpies so as with many players it's a leap of faith to put them in the AFL team. We can't have been desperate to see him in action as he's contracted for another year. So it's probably based on attitude, training, meeting KPIs and the like; rather than spectacular play.
what!!! rubbish...

I actually don't mind the off season on here a lot of the "kick us while we're down" posters disappear for the summer.

Replaced with "Jimmy will surprise a lot of people and be a valuable part of our 22" and "Dixon for coleman. Bet on it!" people during trade week.

I actually don't mind the off season on here a lot of the "kick us while we're down" posters disappear for the summer.
Heaps of optimism and lots of room for off topic stuff. Also I generally learn a heap because I don't keep up with the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back