Universal Love Positives of finally having GF week off...

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks to the Hawks supporters backing the Doggies! If anyone has any friends of friends selling tickets, please PM me. Happy to pay handsomely $$$
Managed to get mine the last 3 years via Bigfooty. Just lurk all the ticket threads and post wanted posts where you can. You should get there if you're persistent. Good luck!!!

Sorry I keep coming onto your board with questions but you guys are the experts haha. In regards to paying someone to use their AFL member's GF ticket, how likely is it that you actually get checked and asked for ID to match the ticket? If you can't produce it do they confiscate the ticket and bad luck or can you try another gate? Thanks a lot

Sorry I keep coming onto your board with questions but you guys are the experts haha. In regards to paying someone to use their AFL member's GF ticket, how likely is it that you actually get checked and asked for ID to match the ticket? If you can't produce it do they confiscate the ticket and bad luck or can you try another gate? Thanks a lot
I've never been asked to prove who I am or even show my card if I have a ticket.
That said you get your membership cancelled if you get caught lending it out

So many people going through the gate, likelihood is very, very small. Don't the cards have signatures on them or have they stopped that? I remember years ago practicing a mate's signature just in case a signature check was done, but with so many people lining up on the day, they just try and get everyone in as quick as possible rather than slow down the process with card checking.

Stress free day tbh. Can enjoy doing things and not having to run around organizing/helping with BBQs etc, then cursing that we miss part of the 3rd quarter cause the half time kick n drink went on too long.

Positives about this Grand Final are:

1. There will be a loser, so we can have lots of fun at their fate: e.g. the Bulldogs now 63 years without a premiership; or, the Sydney millionaires can't buy a premiership, etc.

2. Support Melbourne Storm against the Cronulla drug cheats.

(Look and weep, James, Cronulla cheated, did a deal, and they're in the Grand Final.

Essendon, this could have been you in the AFL Grannie!).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet to decide myself. Probably worth having something on one of the front runners and on a smokey.

I am backing Buddy if it's dry. IMO he will make his mark on this one. I have form (backed Lake and Hodge recently).:)

No arguments with my other half about me trying to get to the GF.

Oh, the baby is due? Well, i saw the first one born!
Oh, you've booked us to go to a cooking class? Meh, you won't cook any of that stuff at home anyway.

It's great that we can laugh at whichever team loses the Grand Final, and it doesn't matter who it is:

1. Sydney: ha ha, the millionaires with every advantage gifted by the AFL, losers!

2. Bulldogs: now its 63 years, and who would want a team called "Western" as the premiers? Losers.

And so on.

Right now I'm sort of missing the buzz, the adrenalin rush, the pure excitement and anticipation of being about to see my team playing in a footy game where there's a prize at the end of it. And not just any old prize either. Hopefully, we can return from the wilderness and win a flag next year, coz it's been way too long since we last won one.

Loving a bigger number in my bank account. And the lack of nerves - I get so nervous before GFs that it's actually not enjoyable haha. Miss being it in thougg.

No positives. Miss the national anthem the most when you get that roar from the crowd. And the first goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back