Possible match fixing in 3rd Ashes Test exposed

Remove this Banner Ad

Shoot an entirely legal ad and risk getting sledged over it if it's crap, or spot-fix and risk losing your entire career and becoming a pariah.

Yep, I can't even tell the difference.

You are missing the point about people taking easy money regardless of the situation.

Considering some very high profile cricketers such as Hansie Cronje and Lance Cairns (alleged proven innocent in court) have been caught up in the scandal it is not too far a stretch to think some high profile Australian cricketers (Shane Warne and Mark Waugh walked a fine line many years ago) aren't involved. I am not for a minute claiming David Warner is involved in match fixing in anyway and I would bet my house on the fact that he is not.

BBL is the vulnerable one in my book and if it hasn't been compromised already I'd be stunned. Realistically to get a senior Australian cricketer to go rogue would cost so much money it probably wouldn't be worth it but a district cricketer who might be borderline about getting a contract next season would be a much easier proposition. I don't know if results have been fixed but I'm sure there would have been spot fixing.
The easiest cricketer or sportsperson to corrupt is the one with gambling debts.

You are missing the point about people taking easy money regardless of the situation.

Considering some very high profile cricketers such as Hansie Cronje and Lance Cairns (alleged proven innocent in court) have been caught up in the scandal it is not too far a stretch to think some high profile Australian cricketers (Shane Warne and Mark Waugh walked a fine line many years ago) aren't involved. I am not for a minute claiming David Warner is involved in match fixing in anyway and I would bet my house on the fact that he is not.
Chris Cairns not Lance!

Would be naive to believe there is not fixing going on in cricket. T20 is designed perfectly for this. Tests would be more difficult to arrange.

Whether the all claims made by these Indian bookmakers are true is another thing, but I would be surprised if elements are not true.

As for the Australian world cup allrounder, that is quite a big field.

Someone mentioned Steve Waugh - I would be super shocked if he was involved as very principled.

O'Donnell likes to gamble, but that doesn't make him a crook.

Symonds just isn't that smart.

Watson isn't much smarter than Simmo, but who knows.

I doubt Moody, though he is widely connected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be naive to believe there is not fixing going on in cricket. T20 is designed perfectly for this. Tests would be more difficult to arrange.

Whether the all claims made by these Indian bookmakers are true is another thing, but I would be surprised if elements are not true.

As for the Australian world cup allrounder, that is quite a big field.

Someone mentioned Steve Waugh - I would be super shocked if he was involved as very principled.

O'Donnell likes to gamble, but that doesn't make him a crook.

Symonds just isn't that smart.

Watson isn't much smarter than Simmo, but who knows.

I doubt Moody, though he is widely connected.

Including being director and or coach of several Twenty20 sides

The best bit so far was the idiot journalist on Fox Sports News. First name was Tom describing NZ cricketers as lowly paid. Cricketers have of a number of years have had juicy contracts no matter the nation. The problem was what hit the bank account wouldn't match the contract

Not everyone has an IPL contract.

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1123792/who-gets-paid-what-in-cricket

This is a very interesting read.

269061.jpg

269062.jpg

So they’re either saying it’s simon O’Donnell or Shane Watson or Shane lee

There is an all rounder that CA left out in the cold that isn't on the CA gravy train in retirement, would have a lot of contacts from playing domestic competitions around the world, and probably isn't earning much money outside of cricket. The perfect target for fixers really.

our governments (globally) need to wean themselves of alcohol revenues and ban it. it serves no purpose but to transfer wealth from peasants to the rich and interferes with integrity.

EFA

How is that the SUN reporters can find out this information, and the ICC with all of their experienced investigators cannot find didly squat?
It may well be that this is report is a load of crap, however the ICC is sending out their investigators. After Chris Cairns, nothing would surprise me.

Every time I go to the cricket and see betting company ads all over the ground I wanna puke. The biggest threat to the game, and admin is getting into bed with it.
Time for the government to pull all funding from any sports league making money from bookies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back