News Post COVID-19 fixture discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

w a premier is promising restrictions. ‘Far harsher than Queensland had’ campaigner
THey Will have to isolate for 14 days but can still play and train in that time. After that 14 days, they can do whatever they want. Will have heaps of freedom. Considering our leadership group of Stratts, Mitch and O’Meara are all West Aussies, this is the best spot.

Surely we push hard for a Tassie hub at some stage this season with Tasmania being at 0 active cases for such a long time now, would be a good chance to get to play some of the bigger Vic teams that never travel down here.
Tassie not letting anyone in

THey Will have to isolate for 14 days but can still play and train in that time. After that 14 days, they can do whatever they want. Will have heaps of freedom. Considering our leadership group of Stratts, Mitch and O’Meara are all West Aussies, this is the best spot.

‘that’s not ‘harsher than Queensland’ how far do you trust him not to change once clubs have arrived

‘that’s not ‘harsher than Queensland’ how far do you trust him not to change once clubs have arrived
I think as long as they do what they are told in the first 14 days they will be fine. I just think performance wise, they are better off in Perth than QLD or NSW, Tassie would be good though.

The Age is reporting this morning that Hawthorn and Essendon will likely be on the Gold Coast for a month.

Hawthorn will be in Sydney next week, so I'm it sure if that is enough to get around the Queensland government closing its borders to Victorians.

It will be interesting to see which other clubs join Hawthorn and Essendon on the Gold Coast. The Hawks have already played Brisbane so we shouldn't be playing them again until finals. And I understood that the Adelaide clubs would relocate back to Adelaide, so we wouldn't be playing them, I wouldn't have thought.

Maybe Carlton comes up but the Blues have already played Essendon.

The Age reports that Collingwood, Geelong and the Bulldogs are heading to Perth while Melbourne is going to NSW.

The Age is reporting this morning that Hawthorn and Essendon will likely be on the Gold Coast for a month.

Hawthorn will be in Sydney next week, so I'm it sure if that is enough to get around the Queensland government closing its borders to Victorians.

It will be interesting to see which other clubs join Hawthorn and Essendon on the Gold Coast. The Hawks have already played Brisbane so we shouldn't be playing them again until finals. And I understood that the Adelaide clubs would relocate back to Adelaide, so we wouldn't be playing them, I wouldn't have thought.

The Age reports that Collingwood, Geelong and the Bulldogs are heading to Perth while Melbourne is going to NSW.

St Kilda?

We've already played Brisbane and we are meant to play gold coast next week, if we played them in Sydney then going to Brisbane wouldn't make much sense unless it's for a couple of weeks to play no QLD teams before going to WA or SA

St Kilda?

Not listed in the Age article. Would have to be a fair chance.

Victorian clubs:

Carlton (not yet played Hawthorn but has played Essendon)
Collingwood (heading to Perth)
Essendon (reportedly heading to the Gold Coast)
Geelong (heading to Perth)
Melbourne (heading to NSW reportedly but has not played Essendon or Hawthorn)
North Melbourne (destination unknown but already played Hawthorn)
Richmond (already played Hawthorn)
St Kilda (hasn't played Essendon or Hawthorn and destination unknown)
Bulldogs (reportedly heading to Perth)

So yes, looks like it would have to be Hawthorn, Essendon and St Kilda going to the Gold Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reports also Brisbane and Gold coast will leave queensland

Maybe we play GWS then Gold coast in sydney, staying there, which the QLD govt might say allows hawks to go to QLD.

Cant work out why they wouldn't just leave us in sydney. maybe its because metricon/royal pines has all the issues ironed out.
Would LOL if some of the WA and SA clubs had to travel to play us there

So our home game against Gold Coast will be played at the Gold Coast. That sounds fair.
I would assume that would then become GC home game. Or the game will be at a neutral venue

Reports also Brisbane and Gold coast will leave queensland

Maybe we play GWS then Gold coast in sydney, staying there, which the QLD govt might say allows hawks to go to QLD.

Cant work out why they wouldn't just leave us in sydney. maybe its because metricon/royal pines has all the issues ironed out.
Would LOL if some of the WA and SA clubs had to travel to play us there

Seems like the hubs start from round 6, so I suspect that the Hawks will go from Sydney into the hub on the Gold Coast immediately post the match against the Giants.

So our home game against Gold Coast will be played at the Gold Coast. That sounds fair.

It's either we play the Suns outside Victoria or we forfeit. I'm actually surprised the AFL is permitting the Suns to play Geelong in Geelong this round, what with the restrictions of Victorians travelling to Queensland.

It's either we play the Suns outside Victoria or we forfeit. I'm actually surprised the AFL is permitting the Suns to play Geelong in Geelong this round, what with the restrictions of Victorians travelling to Queensland.
QLD rules were saying Melbourne specifically

Instead of flying teams all over the country and facing quarantines, fixture issues, how about flying all the interstate teams to Melbourne?

Each interstate team shares a ground with a Victorian club or alternatively use the VFL grounds.

Fly their families to Melbourne if they want, there must be enough empty serviced apartment blocks eg. Quests around to have one team per location. They can live in the community, just like the rest of us, if they get sick, they don't play, just like if you get injured. Don't forget they are being tested every other day so it's known quickly if they pick it up.

The whole fixture then could be played at MCG, Docklands and Geelong. Interstate teams then get to play at the MCG, which they are always asking for.

AFL gets the money, therefore clubs get the money, therefore players get the money. Win, Win, Win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back