VFL Practice Match #4 - Collingwood v North Ballarat. Pies win 132-38. See #243 p10 for post game

Remove this Banner Ad

For those that watched or went down, is Elliott the only real candidate to be in next week?

We could really use another crafty small/medium forward who is clever around the sticks.

I see Thomas is this week's random choice by Collingwood Media for their best

I don't really pay Attention to the Bests I think they just look at Stats and make up the Best from that

Yes he did but I kept getting confused between him and Gus Borthwick because he was wearing 47 and Gus was wearing 48. So as a duo I think they did well but I couldn't tell you how they did individually :p
Yeah , I like the kid and believe he has got good solid potential, as with borthwick , like the way he gets in and has a dip
Going to miss Ferguson though
But we all move on eventually
Thanks for the info

Still another 8-10 weeks from playing...
8-10 weeks is not a 'comeback trail' but a dark road stretching into the blackness of a moonless night. Put your glasses down because it will be an eternity before he physically inserts himself into the selection process.

Yes he did but I kept getting confused between him and Gus Borthwick because he was wearing 47 and Gus was wearing 48. So as a duo I think they did well but I couldn't tell you how they did individually :p

The confusion really dials up when Campbell Lane is playing in the same side. Him and Tardrew look like brothers!

8-10 weeks is not a 'comeback trail' but a dark road stretching into the blackness of a moonless night. Put your glasses down because it will be an eternity before he physically inserts himself into the selection process.

So, get the screens out...?

Can someone please explain the whole keeffe up forward thing? For starters he cant mark overhead. So thats already got him fingered. But if that hasnt fingered him enough....bucks played him forward in the 2012 elimination final v port and he looked absolutely shithouse. Like even his mother would have said he was total shitful that night and she would have been wishing to never see him play up forward again. Yet buckley is persisting......like trying to push s**t up hill really. The whole thing just has me fingered

Can someone please explain the whole keeffe up forward thing? For starters he cant mark overhead. So thats already got him fingered. But if that hasnt fingered him enough....bucks played him forward in the 2012 elimination final v port and he looked absolutely shithouse. Like even his mother would have said he was total shitful that night and she would have been wishing to never see him play up forward again. Yet buckley is persisting......like trying to push s**t up hill really. The whole thing just has me fingered
Bux a bit like Malthouse in this regard.
Trying to mould a player in a role that he seems unsuitable for.
Maybe it's a way of training them for the role they naturally play. If your a back man, it doesn't hurt to be exposed to some of the best backmen in the game and see how they go about it.
If your a forward, helps to know what the best forwards will handle defence, so a stint down back will open your eyes.
You wouldn't do it if your in the window, but if your aspiring to be in the window then rounding out your players is part of the job.

I agree with Smith but not sure Goldy will be going anywhere soon. While he is no star and has his obvious weaknesses I think he will retain a spot in the 22 because of his versatility. Just is able to match up on many different sized players and if not beat them at least draw even.

sure I read or heard that Goldy did his first full preseason in years.

You're looking at it totally the wrong way.

Try using the process of elimination method.

There are three lines in a footy team - defence, midfield and forwards.

Forget midfield, that's laughable.

Defence or Forward, which has he been the least awful? Forward, clearly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Greenwood played well against Sydney but he goes back to his averegeness there is a chance Thomas could overtake him.
De Goey is better suited to that role anyway.

Looking at the reviews of Elliott's game; we may not be able to open Hine's Christmas presents, but an Easter egg could certainly be in the offing!

I love your use of 'fingered'.

I like that I've started a thing on this board :D
So glad Cloke having an outstanding performance against dockers , love the way Bulldogs delivered the ball to him
Pity his dad was not playing alongside him
This might shut David up
Sore loser
Get back to the grog shop in kew David , as your rose coloured glasses are still fogged up
Absolute clown

So glad Cloke having an outstanding performance against dockers , love the way Bulldogs delivered the ball to him
Pity his dad was not playing alongside him
This might shut David up
Sore loser
Get back to the grog shop in kew David , as your rose coloured glasses are still fogged up
Absolute clown
Ummmm.... I'm not sure what that has to do with hugging Kirby, but ok?

I am pretty excited about some of the talent running around to today. Elliot obviously is great to see playing the game out and the form is just a bonus. Scharenburg is just full of composure and looks like a 50 game player at times we need him in ASAP. Brown & Daicos are showing enough to suggest the hype wasn't just hype, will be senior footballers for a long time, but they need some games pumped into them at VFL level. And finally Kirby, who has something very special about him I think he can make an impact a lot earlier than expected, a natural goal kicker and we don't have many of these.

I would like to see Elliot, Scharenburg, Daicos, Kirby, Wells & De Goey all in our best 22 by the end of the year they will bring so much class and danger and god damn entertainment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back