Training Pre Season 18/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Just left training at Bond uni, wasnt expecting the full on session I got to witness. Thought it would be a kick and giggle but far from it. They were on the track for 3 hours.

Just some observations I made in between chasing my daughter around,

Weller will play alot of games. He trained his ass off and played match sim very nasty, I was suprised but he will get noticed for his intent to hurt - The coaches will eat that s**t up
Ross - players love him and he has a crack - During a tackle drill, Leppa grabs him aside to praise him, "thats how you build a reputation at our club" and the kid has a solid crack
Dawks - Huge quads and looks ready to go body wise which shocked me, didnt do alot but was silky and calm when did
Chol - Beat Rance in 2 of 2 contests, the boys loved it, Rance did not
Butler - Best on ground and our hardest worker, he was a clear standout
Shorty is shredded and was the "hype girl" of the session, hilarious and the boys loved it
Moore looked good and was very constructive, he could take Griggs role IMO - was another who was training nasty when he didnt have the ball
Balta very vocal, trained hard and is an adonis. He is also a nasty mofo- s**t hair cut
Dusty - not sure he hit a target all day
Broad and Caddy much leaner this year
Dion did the full session
Jack Graham looks to have slimmed down
Cotch just cruised and was rested alot
Houli looked his usual super fit self
Soldo is a beast and rag dolled Nank in a tackle much to everyones delight
Higgins - will find another gear this year, he just stands out with everything he does
Fantastic write up Morro exactly what we all crave this time of the year !!
Really appreciate it !!

Morro thoughts on stack
“Sydney looked good out on the track today. Showed some intensity in all drills, got involved and most importantly looked to have the skills required. In particular i saw him make some really nice kicks during full ground, under pressure kicking and ball movement drills.”

“Sydney Stack at times seemed to have an errant boot otherwise he has great evasion skills and is uber 'zippy' in traffic.”

“Was loving watching Sydney Stack running thru the middle and kicking precisely when doing length of the field drills.”

“Looked very good I thought.”

E1FAB8FB-2707-44D4-9CE0-2E7604F77207.gif

RCD was a standout for me. Surprisingly similar height to me (193cm) and is a beautiful mover. Was very efficient with his disposal in the 6v6 drill and has great awareness in heavy traffic. Syd (he hates Sydney) Stack was mercurial. Great mid physique. Big shouldered. Had to be told to remove himself from the play a couple of times as his eagerness overtook his loading. Great mark on the northern wing. Great secondary running. Jack Ross could play tomorrow.

Long hot session. My water bottles overheated.

Haere Ra

RCD was a standout for me. Surprisingly similar height to me (193cm) and is a beautiful mover. Was very efficient with his disposal in the 6v6 drill and has great awareness in heavy traffic. Syd (he hates Sydney) Stack was mercurial. Great mid physique. Big shouldered. Had to be told to remove himself from the play a couple of times as his eagerness overtook his loading. Great mark on the northern wing. Great secondary running. Jack Ross could play tomorrow.

Haere Ra
moist

Haere Ra

Agree with this. Watched him a lot today and he was silk.

Also watched Stack a lot and he seems pretty committed. Said g'day to him during a drinks break and welcomed him to the club. Got a good smile and he seems in a good place.

Bolton to me seems a bit of a worry - still think he has a long way to go fitness wise. It was hot, but I reckon he struggled the most.

I tell you who worked his butt off today and that was Garthwaite. He was in the rehab group but geez he put in hard - running, boxing in the sheds etc. Looks very determined to have a good year.

Good turn out and great to watch a full-on session. A captains run it certainly wasn't.

:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haere Ra
Ohh boy 🍆

Television network news showed the training session.
It is good to see they are not overdoing rough stuff.
A long season and we need players in peak condition at the business end.
Hawthorn lost Mitchell in what looked like a tackling drill.
Essendon suffered a new injury today, Hurley.
It looked like he landed awkwardly and jammed his foot.
They now have four players injured in training.
I wrote only yesterday they should assess their training surface.

Last edited:
Getting really excited by the RCD, Ross and Weller reports. There’s potentially 3 mids to be called upon if needed

What sort of pace did Lynch run at and for how long? I know he’s a professional athlete, but the guy looks in ripping Knick. Think it’s just about building his fitness now and regaining confidence in his knee. I think he’ll get up for round 1 personally

Not too concerned if Lynch misses Rd 1, it's more about Sept for us, plus Moore can play till he's 100%. We have shown in recent times we are overly cautious with bringing players back, best to get them 100% right to avoid re-injury.
Hearing good things on Stack & a couple of the other draftees, exciting times ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back