Unofficial Preview Pre season game at Arden Street v Hawthorn - Sunday 26 Feb 2:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Sensational.

As someone who as never seen North play at Arden St this is just awesome.

Since the sacking of the Famous Four the club has been outstanding off-field in revitalising the club, making headlines and giving fans and members something to look forward to again with shrewd trading bringing in some exciting talent, good looking new gear and now this.
Summer is going to go that much faster with a game of footy at Arden St to look forward to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN.

Disgonbsogud.gif

Was one of those 7000 at the last game.

As for this game...how will they cater for 700 let alone 69 fans Zondor and Arthur Cloke 68 mates?
The AFL will be footing the bill for perimeter fencing, temporary stands and portable toilets. Aiming for a capacity of 9000. I imagine that tickets will sell out very fast for this game, particularly as it is against a big Melbourne club.

Last time I watched North at Arden St I was 12 in 1981. Drove down with my friend's family from Ballarat. Sat on one of the iron fences at the back of the wooden slat seats. Patted Dempsey's back after the game. Still remember his burnt arms.

The AFL will be footing the bill for perimeter fencing, temporary stands and portable toilets. Aiming for a capacity of 9000. I imagine that tickets will sell out very fast for this game, particularly as it is against a big Melbourne club.
I wonder if the Werribee game is scheduled for the start of the season and we leave the set up intact for that?

Would be a smart idea to do that, however the council would no doubt object to the infrastructure being left up too long. Considering the ground is a public reserve, the fencing poses the greatest concern. If Scott had his way, the fencing would resemble that at Guantanamo Bay and remain permanently to enable his long held desire for closed training sessions to occur.

I didn't think i'd see the day of NM playing at Arden St even again. I 'm wondering about how it is possible with lack of facilities but by all means i'll be there. Fantastic ☺☺

Can't freaking wait for this, just hope its on a weekend I can get there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back