Preliminary Final - StKVs Bull

Remove this Banner Ad

As I recall Adelaide played our game the second time around, how did that turn out on the return bout? 57 points in the Saints favour is what. It's a very simple concept to understand, you play your style of play and you're comfortable with that, when it is up you can push any side so you've no need to change it for a completely different style. You play us on our terms and try to best us at it you will fall on your faces and be beaten into submission because it is not your style, it is ours, it is not to your strengths, it is to ours.

The difference between the Bulldogs and the Crows is we are better at pulling the trigger style of game (attack at all cost), we still have a very high number of inside 50s against the saints except they are haphazard and were easily picked off. Most of your goals was from these rebounds.

If we get the ball in cleanly and patient...much of the game tonight will be the ball in possession of either team until one decides to pull the trigger.

Think it will be an interesting game tonight. Saints havent been that impressive at the MCG this season from the 2 games I have seen them.(wins against Melbourne and Collingwood but still won by around 5 goals or more in both games)

Thought this was an interesting statistic last 10 games St.Kilda have won there, they have won 5 and lost 5. Which shows me they are not as good an outdoor team as there are at the Dome. Whereas the Bulldogs have won 7 of their past 10 games at the MCG.

Personally I dont think the game against Brisbane last week took too much out of the Bulldogs last week, as that match was pretty much over at half time. Saints look the real deal to me this season though and I think the whole midfield+ forwards are really playing out of their skin. (In particular Hayes, Goddard, Dal Santo, Montagna, Koschitzke, Riewoldt, Schneider, Milne) You can almost be guranteed if one of these players has a bad game, the others will step up.

I think Saints will win by about 5 goals tonight.

Remember that we dont play at the G all that often, and our last 10 matches would stretch back to 06 and 07 which means NOTHING at the moment.

Plus we played Geelong and Hawks there, who were clearly better last year.

Completely different team this year. And the G holds no fears.

Regardless, I'm ****ing nervous.

Lake should play forward early to muck things around a bit.

The marking option Bullies are looking for.

im not saying the Saints are a bad outdoor team.

But against quality opposition they have yet to prove they can win consistently at the MCG. 5 wins out of the last 10 at the MCG, means the contest will be closer than what many people expect.

I still expect the Saints to win, think the week free off will help them immensly.

2 Of those were Geelong/Hawks last year so no claim.
1 Was you guys after the Didak/Shaw thing and you always win after some adversity.
And others were back in 07' when we were 9th so... yeah?

before im off to the game can someone quickly pm me a stream for the game for my old man hes a crazy Red white and blue fan ;) cheers.:thumbsu:

Game won and lost in the midfield. Unfortunately the dogs will have to absolutely dominate in this area to win the game. Just don't have the bail out option up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon tonight the Dogs will use the same gameplan they used against Collingwood to very good effect in round 22.

At a basic level it is keeping possession, lots of kicks, lots of uncontested marks, lots of patience, keepings off.

This resulted in a game where the dogs accumulated over 450 possessions in round 22.

But the basic tactic of keeping the ball off Collingwood worked very well, do not give the opposition time in possession. It also turns the game from a 120 tackle game to an 80 tackle game, which means much more low pressure footy and less of the tackling game which benefits St Kilda.

When it is teams like Collingwood and St Kilda this can be pretty effective.

The usual caveat though, which applies to all game plans is that it must be executed well.

I've got thoughts we might do that as well. If we get pressured into pumping it long into our f50 it just plays into st kildas hands. Think of chipping around might take place tonight.

I think the Saints will actually get nervous tonight and will be pressured and pushed like they rarely have been this year, but will come home strong in the end.
St. Kilda by 20 Points.

Doggies with the first :thumbsu:.

Was expecting after all that for the ball to quickly go down St. Kilda's end for an easy goal.

Picken kicks the first of the Game for the Dogs.
Saints 0.0 (0)
Doggies 1.1 (7)
Bulldogs controlling general play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back