EPL [Premier] League Dreamteam - 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Joined. Coutinho and hazard out injured hurts early. Will be the two best players this year
Depends if Barcelona pay up for Coutinho. Coutinho is pushing for a move but Barca are lowballing Liverpool. Dunno how it plays out.

Hazard will be a nice downgrade option in October/November hopefully.

I was annoyed not being able to start with him, but hopefully Willian does the job in the short-medium.

Depends if Barcelona pay up for Coutinho. Coutinho is pushing for a move but Barca are lowballing Liverpool. Dunno how it plays out.

Hazard will be a nice downgrade option in October/November hopefully.

I was annoyed not being able to start with him, but hopefully Willian does the job in the short-medium.
Would be a disaster for Liverpool if he goes. Would end their season. He's their best player by a mile. Although with the money they would get for him they could buy 3 decent players.

I'm struggling on last mid- myktharian, Redmond or tadic.
Myki could be a gun, but I'm not convinced because of Jose's formation rotations

If he plays 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 then Myki and Martial could become relevant, but I'm not sure if he does. Pretty sure he's played 3 at the back at times too which is the formation that suits Pogba best.

To be honest I don't think any of them are worth it over the long-term, particularly the Saints duo, they could start well but then the points may dry up by October/November

I am gonna need plenty of advice here guys, half my team aint playing !! Green dots like we get in AFL RDT would be great.
Players do get green dots or orange dots, but you only see them for an hour before they play as team sheets are only submitted an hour before kickoffs.

I woke up at 415 yesterday to check teams, saw a green light to Ozil and an orange on Iheanacho who was on the bench for example.

I'd imagine for anyone suspended or injured during the season they'll have red dots or red and white dots like we see in AFL RDT

Also another thing to look out for during the season, there is normally 3-6 games on Saturday 3pm GMT (12am AEST) as Saturday afternoons is a traditional time to play for them, kind of like the old Saturday 210pm for footy in the 90s before Foxtel changed the dynamic of fixturing. Other times they'd play are Friday nights, Early Saturday lunch, Saturday Twilight, Early Sunday lunch (12 or 130) and random Sunday arvo times (130, 215, 415) depending on fixturing if there is 3 Sunday televised games or 2 (going by their SkySports coverage). I believe we have a rolling lockout in this game, so we can alter teams as we go, we just can't change formation once the first match of the weekend starts.

What's your current team looking like? I can tell you what I know about said player.

Anyways....My Chelsea gamble on Batshuayi might be a bust, reading the Twittersphere he didn't play well and they lost 3-2 to Burnley at home which is a terrible result from them as Burnley are rubbish on the road normally. His competition in Morata scored off the bench too, so he might get dropped next week so I'm looking at shuffling the decks already.

Smith to Hegazy next week is locked in because Smith is injured now. They're the same price too so that helps

I'm thinking of grabbing a Mounie or Vardy upfront, potentially both, so I've downgraded Kane before he plays to Lukaku and Ritchie to Sissoko to free funds up for next week.

If I go for just Mounie then I can take a Mhkhitaryan/Mahrez type, but I'm not sure if Mahrez gets sold and if Myki is a starting 11 lock at United, so it might just be best grabbing Hegazy and Vardy next week and wait to see on Mounie before MD3 as he'd replace Iheanacho if I did get him.

I captained Morata so looks like he beasted. Is Jordan Pickford not starting goalie for Everton ?? Also, do you automatically get emergency scores if you have a donut on field ?? Junior Stanislas and Michail Antonio, are they terrible picks ??

I captained Morata so looks like he beasted. Is Jordan Pickford not starting goalie for Everton ?? Also, do you automatically get emergency scores if you have a donut on field ?? Junior Stanislas and Michail Antonio, are they terrible picks ??
Pickford should be number one for Everton, he made a 93rd minute save to deny Stoke a draw, I'd imagine he should've scored well as they kept a clean sheet (no goals conceded) today too. I have West Broms goalkeeper Ben Foster, he is an old reliable type, he kept a clean sheet too and scored me 12 so I'd imagine Pickford should've been around the 10 point mark at least.

Everton spent £30m on Pickford a month or two ago and he will either be a long-term investment for them or until one of the big boys lose their own goalkeeper (probably Man United if De Gea wants out to Real Madrid in a few years).

I don't trust any player from Bournemouth except Begovic as of yet as Bournemouth could easily struggle and go down as they're the smallest club in the PL currently, though Defoe could be ok too. King and Stanislas had good seasons for them last year, but they have been perennial Championship players (tier below the PL), so their consistency is in question? They'd be inspired picks if they came off, but I wouldn't go there. Sigurdsson is easily the best proven performer from a small club, but he has a transfer saga hanging over his head as he wants to go to Everton also, so he's upgrade material only as he won't play for a few weeks.

Antonio was one of the best players in the Championship for a year or two then West Ham bought him and he's one of their best players now, typical late bloomer, he'd be better in the long run than Stanislas imo, but he may start slowly. They play Monday morning I think.
What's a good score from 11 players inc C? Guessing 120?? I'm 68 with De Gea, Pogba and captain Lukaku to come.
I'm thinking 90-110 early in the season and maybe 120-130 once we've got premiums on every line? Someone will tell us.

There seems to be a lot of relevant players scoring well this week though so I dunno, could be a high scoring week?

I might get Mkhi by the way, Brad, after what I said about him :$ he's had a good preseason looking at his form and he was dynamite at Dortmund previous to his move. Jose has a good track record with wingers/free attackers, so perhaps he makes his mark after a year settling in, he was very good in Europe last season and too. Midfield is a crapshoot currently anyway with the injuries and transfer sagas going on, so perhaps Willian/Mkhi go up to premium status from midpricer level as they have previous reputation being premium.

Smith did his hammy while both Batshuayi/Iheanacho were busts so there is two/three likely trades I'll have to make this week or next. If I take Mkhi now instead of trading in Vardy (will have to bench him but not fussed) then I might sit on these trades for a week and use Smith as a loopholer as Man United play the early game next week also, so I can tell what formation to go with (likely 4-5-1 so my loophole is set or maybe 4-4-2).

I likely save a trade too grabbing Mkhi now as Mounie likely comes in for one of Iheanacho/Batshuayi (whoever looks the bigger bust), the other kept as a cash cow/cover

I'm on 56 with Alli, Zabaleta and Lukaku (C) to come. Copped Smith's 0 (think he got a yellow card and only played less than 60) and Batshuayi's 2 while Lowe is on the pine with a 12, lol.

I am gonna need plenty of advice here guys, half my team aint playing !! Green dots like we get in AFL RDT would be great.

I've only had one player not playing so far but that's one of the hardest things about EPL DT as team sheets are only announced shortly before games and with the time difference here a lot of those games start in the middle of the night.

What's a good score from 11 players inc C? Guessing 120?? I'm 68 with De Gea, Pogba and captain Lukaku to come.

I'm on 67 with Pogba, Lukaku, Wanyama and Zabaleta to come, hopefully I should get around 100 which would be a decent first up score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only had one player not playing so far but that's one of the hardest things about EPL DT as team sheets are only announced shortly before games and with the time difference here a lot of those games start in the middle of the night.

I'm on 67 with Pogba, Lukaku, Wanyama and Zabaleta to come, hopefully I should get around 100 which would be a decent first up score.
Wanyama likely won't play Plugger, got a knock

last year's winner had a weekly average of around 130

in the first 10 rounds, 100+ really must be achieved for a pass mark
120 is a good score for the opening round

i'm on 64 from 8 with Kane(c), Lukaku, Richie to come
also, Mooy and Lowe with great scores on the bench :(
*just realised i can swap Richie for a non-starter to get Mooy's 15pts but i won't bother... wanna have my squad making cash

this is a great website for starting lineups http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/team-news/

they're not always exact, but i find it pretty trustworthy
it also has an injury list + penalty/frees/corner takers
*i think Stanislas and Antonio are on the injury list

86 with Lukaku (c) and Pogba to come.

Got Hegazi on my bench which is lame but a goal from someone like that is impossible to predict.

Wish I didn't start with Gabbiadini already. I doubled up on Soton defence in Cedric and Forster but shouldn't have got a Soton attacker since they really struggle to score goals going back to last season. Honestly might get rid of him straight away because Austin could overtake him at any time.

Team is:

Forster (Elliott)
Cedric, Stones, Kolasanic (Moreno, Hegazi)
KDB, Pogba, Willian, Zaha (RLC)
Lukaku (c), Lacazette, Gabbiadini

115 could've been 150 if I played 3-5-2 and benched Smith and Zabaleta :(

Lowe and Mkhitaryan on the bench

All well, my only squad concerns are Smith, Iheanacho and Batshuayi, apart from that, my starting squad looks ok, my midfield is beast.

Zabaleta needs a good game next week so his breakeven isn't huge, cash production from him could be sluggish but his job security should be sound.

Smith to Hegazy either this week or next. Smith could be a good downgrade guy if the timing on his hammy injury is ripe.

can't believe how high scoring our league is, with most people getting well over 100 - well done !!

my public league - only a handful managed to tonne up

i only managed 95... Kane(c) let me down... could've done a lot better had i captained Lukaku + start Lowe & Mooy onfield

can't believe how high scoring our league is, with most people getting well over 100 - well done !!

my public league - only a handful managed to tonne up

i only managed 95... Kane(c) let me down... could've done a lot better had i captained Lukaku + start Lowe & Mooy onfield

I captained De Bruyne instead of Lukaku, cost me 14 points and a league win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back