Toast Proud of the club in season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

regardless of last nights result, we showed the world that we weren't "pretenders" in 2017 that got lucky. we backed up our premiership a lot better than a lot of premiers before us with an incredible season that saw us minor premiers and set an amazing mcg win streak, all those things can't be fluked. Also I think we can be premiers in 2019 and even 2020. we will not be going away, we will be back!

On paper yes, you can say we finished on top of the ladder, so we should've won the flag. But the reality is that, as the last few years are showing, the mclelland trophy is a poisoned chalice. Over the last 20 years 6 teams have gone onto win the flag. So as soon as we finished on top, there was a 70% chance we would not get to win it. Now I know its counterintuitive to want your team to lose, but..a loss or 2 late in the year, loss of top spot may have lead to a different final.
Anyhow, we weren't in the game at all last night, so I'm accepting of it all. Be interesting to see the team chemistry with the big name recruit.

It wasn't so much because we won the minor premiership, but because I though we really had it in us.

Possibly top spot didn't help us much. You're right about that.

All I know is that we can play a hell of a lot better than we did last night. The chance is gone now, but it really was a very, very good chance and -- a bit like the 1982 flag -- I'll see it as the one that got away.

Disappointing result last night though we had a good season and pies played well. Unfortunately Astbury and Martin werent at their best, and we probably could've managed team selection and on field coaching better.

Looking forward to 2019, hopefully we recruit another tall and midfielder.

Agree 100% with the sentiments of this thread. I am so proud of how far the club has come over the last 24 months. Yes last night was a horror show, we got smashed by a better side on the night. That just shows how bloody hard flags are to win.

The respect and humility shown by the club last night really impressed me. Dimma's press conference, players telling the Collingwood boys to enjoy the week. We are a damn mature club.

This isn't the end of our run, our game plan hasn't been 'worked out', it will continue to evolve. This time last year was unexplainably phenomenal, and someone else gets to experience it this year. Onwards and upwards in 2019. Go Tiges!

I'm absolutely gutted and hurting inside, but as a 34 yr member and having been through so many years of s**t I'm proud of what the club has achieved.
We can all honestly say the bad days are behind us and we HAVE turned the corner.

Agree 100% with the sentiments of this thread. I am so proud of how far the club has come over the last 24 months. Yes last night was a horror show, we got smashed by a better side on the night. That just shows how bloody hard flags are to win.

The respect and humility shown by the club last night really impressed me. Dimma's press conference, players telling the Collingwood boys to enjoy the week. We are a damn mature club.

This isn't the end of our run, our game plan hasn't been 'worked out', it will continue to evolve. This time last year was unexplainably phenomenal, and someone else gets to experience it this year. Onwards and upwards in 2019. Go Tiges!

Hardwick is awesome, it's disappointing that we lost but I am glad we have a coach that shows some humility and respect to the opposition. (unlike Scott lol).

We should proud of the club, they have achieved so much in the past 2 years and we will get better. (higgins, graham, rioli are still young and will get continue to improve). It's been a long season, and we had a great run though trying to win a flag back to back is hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, let's hope so, because there's a few players there who need to improve dramatically to keep their spot next year.

For me, this is much worse than '13-'15. And it's worse than the '82 GF too. We were in that game. Last night we just weren't there.

Proud of the club. Proud of the supporters (most of them).

Not so proud of the team right now.
I feel completely the opposite to you .
I've have moved on all ready ,1982 was a lot worse .
I haven't really got into this year .I still have all last years finals pre and post game replays on the set top box i watched the Hawthorn replay once and deleted it .
After waiting so long to climb the mountain everything else seems second rate .
I kept my membership going ,went to 12 games but it i was as least excited as i can remember at the footy this year .
Been a member for 25 years ,the clubs in the best place on and off field that i can remember but the buzz for me is not there now like it was when we were trying to get to the top of the mountain .

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Correct, need two midfielders that can find and win the ball at stoppages. Need to work all pre season at winning the ball at stoppages.

QUOTE]
The other type we need to find is a good disciplined run with player, a Harmes type? We haven’t had anyone like that since D Kellaway

View attachment 562002
Proud to be a die hard tiger and after 37 years of suffering i left last night holding my head high.
After so many years of missing finals its still heart breaking tonight. Playing football and loosing prelims and grand finals is heart breaking - been there and done that and i can tell you its heart breaking as a player.
Looking at reality last year may have been a grand final that we stole and the years ahead are filled with true anticipation of what could be a glorious period.
To all the MCC flogs pictured above i hope you are proud that a sellout means empty seats. MCC members are the pinnacle of corprate flogs who hold their heads high even though true supporters miss out on tockets - absolutely disgraceful.
In silence at the end of the game nd have my daughter put her arms around me and says - “its incredible going to the finals and we will be back next year”.
As the tiger army we bleed yellow and black.
BLACK AND YELLOW TILL THE END
That MCC members comment cannot be let go.
We hear that rubbishy every single year and it pisses me off, as an MCC member myself for over 25 years.
I pay nearly $800 a year for the privilege of being MCC member, much higher that most club members for the right to attend games at the MCG. So to generalize and attack all MCC membership for vacant seats at finals is pure wrong. I go to a final every week fwiw.
Why there were vacant seats on Friday, I just don’t know but I do know all the reserved seat allocation of 12-13,000 was sold out in 12 minutes.
I feel sorry for club members that miss out when there are vacant seats in the reserve, and they should be able to access those seats, but from a logistical point of view, not sure how it can be done.

I feel completely the opposite to you .
I've have moved on all ready ,1982 was a lot worse .
I haven't really got into this year .I still have all last years finals pre and post game replays on the set top box i watched the Hawthorn replay once and deleted it .
After waiting so long to climb the mountain everything else seems second rate .
I kept my membership going ,went to 12 games but it i was as least excited as i can remember at the footy this year .
Been a member for 25 years ,the clubs in the best place on and off field that i can remember but the buzz for me is not there now like it was when we were trying to get to the top of the mountain .

Yeah, for me this was as bad as last year was magnificent. To me this season was just different to last year. Not better, not worse, just different.

Of course, now that we decided to put in our worst performance of the year in our most important game, means that this season ended up much, much, much worse.

Golden opportunity wasted. Season stands for nothing. Now we get to watch the filth get another flag up on us.

Anyone else still not moved on, lol.

Yeah, for me this was as bad as last year was magnificent. To me this season was just different to last year. Not better, not worse, just different.

Of course, now that we decided to put in our worst performance of the year in our most important game, means that this season ended up much, much, much worse.

Golden opportunity wasted. Season stands for nothing. Now we get to watch the filth get another flag up on us.

Anyone else still not moved on, lol.
I've moved on ,but as you say if the filth win next week then i'll be p!ssed .LOL.

The pain cuts deep, we are a genuine powerhouse club and we will be up for many years to come.

I also hear of Dimma congratulating Buckley and consoling Varcoe in their rooms after such a devastating end shows true class..

I hope the lessons of the last few decades have burned so deep that we're never down again. I want a dynasty! I'm hopeful we're right at the start of one.

I hope the lessons of the last few decades have burned so deep that we're never down again. I want a dynasty! I'm hopeful we're right at the start of one.
That won't happen again, we will take a fall occasionally like most do, but it won't take us 35 years to rise, we're back to where we belong as long as we keep the right people running the club. Go Tiges!!

That won't happen again, we will take a fall occasionally like most do, but it won't take us 35 years to rise, we're back to where we belong as long as we keep the right people running the club. Go Tiges!!

Yeah, you're right.

I don't mean "dynasty" in the sense of never dropping out of the eight. Rather I'd like to think that in another 37 years we'd be seen the way Hawthorn is now. I'd love people to be saying in 2050 that "Richmond is the most successful team of the modern era" and we'd be averaging a couple of premierships a decade (at least!).

It's entirely about the right people running the club and I'm pretty confident that we've laid a really good foundation for that to happen well into the future.

I’m proud of the club and what stops me short of being shattered is that I know we re in a good place and will continue to contend , how that shapes up is the exciting part , looking forward to a refreshed list with 6 plus changes , no better time to develop young players than with our stable of stars at their peak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back