Toast Proud of the club in season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

We really needed to lose at the G prior to finals i now actually wish we had lost against the dogs that last game

Looking back I'd say absolutely if a loss to the dogs would've equated to a win against the pies. But who knows if it would've gone that way??

Yeah who knows but sub consciously it could have been in the players minds , might have given them a bit of a kick up tge arse to switch on more .
Even if we played like we did in the QF would have got us there. We came to play that night. Maybe the ease of that win lulled our guys (coaches included) into a false sense of security. It sure looked like it.

Even if we played like we did in the QF would have got us there. We came to play that night. Maybe the ease of that win lulled our guys (coaches included) into a false sense of security. It sure looked like it.

Yep 100% we still would have won if showed same passion as the QF . First half in the pre lim was all like a bad dream back to the bad old days .

Totally agree our pressure and tackling that night was one of the best I seen this season from us the way we pressed hawks and closed them.We moved the footy well to.

I'm not buying into a loss before finals,that first final we were ready played very well and you could see our intensity.The club had a shocker last friday as a whole and that includes the footy department and coaching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a capitulation.
I cannot describe the disappointment in words.
They normally control the match and this time allowed the opponent to.
Some of us may never see another back-to-back.
They would have created 44-year history.
1974 to 2018.

Last edited:
It's a waste because they were in striking distance of B2B but lost to a team which finished in the top four due to an easier fixture. They failed to capitalise on the opportunity.

It was a capitulation.
I cannot describe the disappointment in words.
They normally control the match and this time allowed the opponent to.
Some of us may never see another back-to-back.
They would have created 44-year history.
1974 to 2018.

They literally beat us at our own game .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back