Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rugby League World Cup

Australia 6 - 0 England

Half time.

Cameron Smith best player so far

Possibly, arguably, definitely, the most pointless and meaningless World Cup of all World Cups in all the world is the Rugby League World Cup. Rugby League....basically played by three countries and only the number one winter sport in two states out of those three countries. What a hopeless joke!!!

I heard that one year the entire Lebanon World Cup team actually came from suburban Sydney!!!!

Last edited:
Possibly, arguably, definitely, the most pointless and meaningless World Cup of all World Cups in all the world is the Rugby League World Cup. Rugby League....basically played by three countries and only the number one winter sport in two states out of those three countries. What a hopeless joke!!!

I heard that one year the entire Lebanon World Cup team actually came from suburban Sydney!!!!
Yet it still beats the errr
What does the AFL call it?
Australia v Ireland rubbish

Good game last night in the silly GF of league

The Irish game doesnt pretend to call itself a World Cup.
But it's just so contrived.

At least league is an established game.

But it's not Union where there's this team called The All Blacks

But it's just so contrived.

At least league is an established game.

But it's not Union where there's this team called The All Blacks

At least International Rules knows its contrived and doesnt pretend to be anything different. Its just something different, thats all.

Having a World Cup implies you think your sport is a global sport. But in Rugby League only two countries are remotely likely to make the final, and only one of them is likely to win.....thats far more ridiculous!!!!

At least International Rules knows its contrived and doesnt pretend to be anything different. Its just something different, thats all.

Having a World Cup implies you think your sport is a global sport. But in Rugby League only two countries are remotely likely to make the final, and only one of them is likely to win.....thats far more ridiculous!!!!
I think the American Baseball "World Series" takes the cake.

True but at least it doesnt pretend to be global (despite the ironic wording) by inviting other countries to join in!!!!
Well they do have a Canadian team, so to them that’s global enough.

I think the American Baseball "World Series" takes the cake.
Wasn't World Series the name taken from a newspaper? The New York World.

This reference is actually disputed as the series started as the United dates championship then got tagged

World championship series or some such then truncated to World Series.

Now universally called World Series

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They also have Canadian teams in the NATIONAL Hockey League.

English not their strong suit in the USA.
And the Women's Weekly is a monthly.
Woman's Day is weekly.

and

New Idea has no idea!

Timmy Timmy Timmy

DQU_355UEAExYiP.jpg

Cooked up a 4 n Twenty in the oven. Needless to say I accidentally set the cook time to non fan forced. Anyone know how to repair a mouth that’s been scalded by piping hot magma?

Back