Preview R6: Carlton v Bulldogs Sun 12th July 6.45PM @ Metricon - Team - Post #937

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Gov probably should be dropped for form reasons, but think he is becoming bit of an unfair scapegoat/maligned player on this board, possibly due to his supposed pay packet (which I do not believe is as big as Bozo the Clown as Riccuito says it is)

Think we need to try playing more up the corridor from Half Back instead of hitting the flanks, the Dogs still have a vulnerable backline IMO that we can exploit if we are efficient with our forward entries/ball usage.

I would argue that if you factored in the entire season's body of work, Gov has produced at least just as much as Betts, McKay & JSOS, if not more.

I think some of the extra criticism he receives is warranted though due to his pay packet, age and ability compared to those other 3. Also some of his poor defensive efforts like bumping instead of tackling and that tap back for a Saints goal last week.

Still, i'll say again that before last week where everyone was poor, he had been good for 2 and a half games straight so was on the improve. Was influential in our wins against Geelong & Essendon. So some here are definitely going too hard at him.

Just the one change.
Kennedy IN, Philp OUT

Wow!
Happy for Kennedy to come in - I honesty think his versatility is much needed.
All this talk of his improved athleticism due to recovering from his leg injuries is very encouraging, so it will be good to see.
I also wonder if he’ll be given time in the middle.
Shocked Fish didn’t get picked.

Team is in ...

Only 1 change:-

IN: Kennedy
OUT: Philp

Backs:Sam DochertyLiam JonesLachie Plowman
Half-backs:Tom WilliamsonJacob WeiteringSam Petrevski-Seton
Centreline:Jack NewnesPatrick CrippsMarc Murphy
Half-forwards:Sam WalshLevi CasboultMichael Gibbons
Forwards:Will SetterfieldJack MartinEddie Betts
Followers:Marc PittonetDavid CuninghamEd Curnow
Interchange:Kade SimpsonHarry McKayMitch McGovern
Matthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Zac FisherSam PhilpCallum Moore
Cameron Polson

Mick, just curious, for all their wonderfullness, would you pick the Dogs to beat the Cats at home?

We beat them 7 goals last year and lost by 3 points in the other, they may well get over us, but it will be no gimme for them

I think in september on the G or marvel with dogs improvement and injuries withstanding, yes dogs to beat cats. At Kardinia Park it is a 50/50. Dogs are different and much improved since last years 7 goal victory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Western Bulldogs

IN: L. Hunter, L. Butler

OUT: H. Crozier, L. Jong

Honestly surprised they are going with valdameer (or whatever his name is) and smith.. The games our guys have played a week after concussion were sub par

Definite late out for us if/when it hoses down. Fish for one of the big boys up front likely...

Hope so. That would make sense because it looks like we'll be lacking tackle pressure across half forward.

Can't have the Dogs rebounding the ball effortlessly out of defense. Game could get ugly quickly if we don't bring the forward half pressure.

The game is very likely to be played during a deluge. Teague knows this and will wait till as late as possible to make final changes. I can see Harry out for Fish or maybe Polson.

Interesting selection. Kennedy deserves his chance and seemingly will play as a midfielder. Philp was playing half forward so I suspect we see less of Martin and Cunners in the middle. Levi, H, Gov and Kennedy forward is too heavy.

Still wouldn’t be surprised to see late changes for both teams. Dogs will give the guys with concussion until game day. Reckon Fisher is still a chance to replace a tall if it buckets down in the hours leading up to the game.

On Fisher, his bout of gastro is going to really cost him if he doesn’t come in as a late change. No game last week and no game this week. It’s hard to pick him for the following week when he’s played 1 scratch match since late March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back