Scandal Racist fan throws banana at Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

Think it might be best if RearNaked sits this one out for a bit.

Carry on.
To be fair, I would actually support a thread lock at this point. We are just going around in circles. New posts rehashing the same things, without some even bothering to investigate all the relevant facts.

Equally something misconstrued to reflect atrocities on a different race, in a different continent in a different era....

Yet somehow groping for a link for it to be racist

The final straw for me was the cricket when the pakis come to visit. Paki in Australia is a term of endearment and a typical shortening of the full name pakistani as we do with Windies

Just because it has a different connotation to Indians living in England should have no bearing on its use over here

In Australia that term is used as we would maccas, robbo, bluey and Windies!

Hell the moral elite were trying to claim the Ellen DeGeneres tweet as racist.. Despite bolt thinking it funny and in no way a reflection on anything else other than the man's elite attributes
Yeah nah Paki is not a term of endearment, I don't know anyone in Australia that would actually say that to the face of a Pakistani even if they were brought up in Australia.

To be fair, I would actually support a thread lock at this point. We are just going around in circles. New posts rehashing the same things, without some even bothering to investigate all the relevant facts.

There's been a significant development today. Still a relevant issue.

Plus, it lets the bogan racists out themselves.

Racism only exists because there is an underlying truth to it, every racist/sexist taunt will have a factual statistic to back it up.

Taunts such as this will never cease to exist because that gap will never close.

I gotta say, once someone admits they made a mistake and have copped an official punishment, I generally don't think theres anything to be gained from paying out on the individual. By all means continue to discuss the behaviour etc. but the person has copped a pretty fair whack and will learn from it.
i agree. that's why i'm generally not a fan of publicly shaming. was good of media outlets to not name her

I gotta say, once someone admits they made a mistake and have copped an official punishment, I generally don't think theres anything to be gained from paying out on the individual. By all means continue to discuss the behaviour etc. but the person has copped a pretty fair whack and will learn from it.
tend to agree. She will dwell on her actions and deal with it privately and hopefully surrounds herself with support of family and friends and gets on with her life. And moreover learns something from it. Hounding her does nothing.

Anyone defending her right to an opinion or whinging about PC gone crazy needs to take a step back. You can think what you want about anything or anybody you want. You don't have a right to publicly give voice to that opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah nah Paki is not a term of endearment, I don't know anyone in Australia that would actually say that to the face of a Pakistani even if they were brought up in Australia.

Well if they were brought up here they'd be Aussie, not paki

Is your assertion that for 40+ years the term Paki has been a racially derogatory term? And not a typical shortening of a name - ala Aussies, Windies, bangers, etc

Was common in newspaper headlines, e.g. "PAKI BATS CRUMBLE AT WACA". There was a world before some of you were born, you know. ;)

Last edited:
But who actually takes a banana to the footy though? Whether she meant it to be racist or not can only be known by her. But it definitely looks that way.

I have on many occasions. But I love them and eat probs six a day minimum.

nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Remove this Banner Ad

Back