Rate the brownlow medallists

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do you rate each brownlow medallist from 2000 on as a player - from best to worst?

Been a plethora of threads rating individuals - where do you see them fit amogst their peers?

Shane Woewodin
Jason Akermanis
Simon Black
Mark Ricciuto
Nathan Buckley
Adam Goodes
Chris Judd
Ben Cousins
Adam Goodes
Jimmy Bartel
Adam Cooney
Gary Ablett Jr.
Chris Judd
Dane Swan
Trent Cotchin
Sam Mitchell
Gary Ablett Jr.
Matt Priddis
Nathan Fyfe
Patrick Dangerfield
Dustin Martin

In the year they won or their entire career e.g. Fyfe had an outstanding year the year he won it but Mitchell's been far superior over the journey????

In the year they won or their entire career e.g. Fyfe had an outstanding year the year he won it but Mitchell's been far superior over the journey????
Take your pick - just nominate - my list was over their career - might do another one for just the brownlow year.

Dusty is the only 1 who had a complete season as he won the norm Smith as well. Thats gotta mean something.
Also jab watson was s**t every other year apart from his drug year. Oh wait he isnt even a brownlow medalist. My mistake...

Dusty
Gaz
Goodes

Then daylight

Dusty is the only 1 who had a complete season as he won the norm Smith as well. Thats gotta mean something.
Also jab watson was s**t every other year apart from his drug year. Oh wait he isnt even a brownlow medalist. My mistake...

Dusty
Gaz
Goodes

Then daylight

Martin has had one really really good season in his career. He needs to back it up several times before he gets anywhere near the top group.

It's a shame some post here just to attempt to trigger others.
Main board used to have some semblance of reasonable discussion on it, now it's just full of this sort of crud.
The only triggered supporters are Essendon ones that hack Watson will be remembered as a disgraceful drug cheat while Cotchin will be remembered as a premiership captain and a Brownlow medalist

Ranking them on the actual season they had:
1- Judd 2004 (dominated the season in a mid table team at age 21)
2- Martin 2017 (was the best player virtually every week for the premiership team)
3- Ablett 2009 (same as dusty, ever so slightly less dominant)
4- Dangerfield 2016 (clearly the comps beat performer)
5- Cousins 2005 (still how amazes me how he only got 20 votes, was clearly the comps best player)
6- Fyfe 2015
7- Swan 2011
8- Ablett 2013
9- Black 2002
10- Akermanis 2001

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Judd
GAJ
Adam Goodes
Simon Black
Ben Cousins
Jason Akermanis
Dusty Martin
Nathan Buckley
Nathan Fyfe
Patrick Dangerfield
Dane Swan
Sam Mitchell
Mark Ricciuto
Jimmy Bartel
Trent Cotchin
Matt Priddis
Adam Cooney
Shane Woewodin

Tougher than I thought it would be around 6-13

Over their careers to date.
Ablett
Dangerfield
Goodes
Judd
Black
Cotchin
Buckley
Akermanis
Bartel
Cousins
Mitchell
Ricciuto
Martin
Swan
Priddis
Fyfe
Cooney
Woewodin

Top 2 been in the top 2-3 players in the comp for 5 years , Goodes to Swan had multiple years of good/great without being elite. The bottom 4 had lees good to great years.

1. Ablett Jnr
2. Chris Judd
3. Adam Goodes
4. Simon Black
5. Nathan Buckley
6. Ben Cousins
7. Mark Riccuito
8. Jason Akermanis
9. Patrick Dangerfield
10. Nat Fyfe
11. Dustin Martin
12. Sam Mitchell
13. Jimmy Bartel
14. Dane Swan
15. Trent Cotchin
16. Adam Cooney
17. Matt Priddis
18. Shane Woewodin
Great effort - Imo, you have pretty much nailed it.

Ranking them on the actual season they had:
1- Judd 2004 (dominated the season in a mid table team at age 21)
2- Martin 2017 (was the best player virtually every week for the premiership team)
3- Ablett 2009 (same as dusty, ever so slightly less dominant)
4- Dangerfield 2016 (clearly the comps beat performer)
5- Cousins 2005 (still how amazes me how he only got 20 votes, was clearly the comps best player)
6- Fyfe 2015
7- Swan 2011
8- Ablett 2013
9- Black 2002
10- Akermanis 2001
I'd argue that Fyfe's 2015 was better than all bar Judd's 2004. I get that Brownlow seasons are incredible by their very nature but he was just on a completely different level to every other player in the AFL that season.

Also, I wish that Judd had have won it in 2011 and Swan in 2010. Judd's 2011 would be tied first on this list with his own 2004 if he had. And Swan was far more deserving in 2010.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back