Review Rd 22 Review - Freo Do Enough to Win over WC

Remove this Banner Ad

Our midfield absorbed an absolute battering and prevailed. Take a bow Brayshaw, Serong, Brodie and Mundy.

Darcy was a tower of strength.

Pearce was awesome down back. Clark and Aish were excellent.

Up front, Lobb was an absolute liability tonight. One arm and a pea heart. So pissed he stayed on after an obvious injury.

Can't argue with any of that.

First half was the most fun I've had all year just about. eagles were throwing everything at us and we retaliated in kind. Most enjoyable derby in a long time.

2nd half I was yelling at Lobb to get off. Multiple teams have subbed players off against us for slightly chipping a nail, yet we kept a clearly sore (and ineffectual) KPF on the field in the wet even after he copped another hit that seemed to incapacitate him. Either we're too nice for our own good or we're going the eagles-Judd route of trying to ruin him for his new club.

Great game guys, pity carlton couldn't channell their inner collingwood and get over the dees for you. I hope you really go on with it and smash the finals. Rather you guys than any of the vic flogs. Hopefully can have more close games than 1 sided snooze fests for either side in future.

Lobb might as well have been in a wheelchair! Completely useless and owned by Barras, should have been subbed out when his arm started hanging limp.

Mundy with a couple of great almost goals, so wanted him to get one just to hear the crowd go nuts.

I feel like I need to watch the game on the TV to see what that melee was about early.

If it wasn’t for Mundy we’d bury this game and never speak of it again putrid

Really? The way I seen it was different! WCE came out to rattle us, physically and came to play.. yep they are s**t but they came to play against us! And good! Pressure was there and that’s what we should expect come finals!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Collingwood win tomorrow then we just need to win next week to make top 4, since Brisbane and Melbourne play each other and Sydney can't catch us.

So get on the pies.
I'm betting Sydney win by under a goal.

Loved that game.

Huge credit to West Coast came out and fought for every inch and make no mistake wanted an upset tonight. Great tune up for finals.

We have a massive issue with our forward line but we knew that already.

Finally I got a bit teary with the Munday retirement stuff
WC are s**t but brought a bucketload of effort.

Mundy is probably the most underrated player of the last 20 years at least. The guy is a great of the game. If we'd won the 2013 GF he's a Norm Smith medalist.

Loved that game.

Huge credit to West Coast came out and fought for every inch and make no mistake wanted an upset tonight. Great tune up for finals.

We have a massive issue with our forward line but we knew that already.

Finally I got a bit teary with the Munday retirement stuff
Dont worry, not every team has 1 Tom Barrass. you can figure it out!

Not mentioned much but I thought Alex Pearce had a great game. Made Darling his bitch and showcased his awesome speed which he does not use as much as Id like. Darling's one goal was kicked on Cox who is in a bit of rough patch of form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched Lobb after the hit. He had a number of chances to come off, but ultimately chose to stay on

Yes, he mostly was a liability, but credit to him - we needed him to maintain some sort of position (albeit he got his ass handed to him)

If he went off, Logue would have been our key forward for the 2nd half, and wouldn’t have been a valuable chop out for Darcy in the ruck

For all the bashers, he knew he had to stay on. Good work Lobb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've had worse wins this season.

Pleasing tonight is Acres, Walters, Darcy, Frederick, Pearce and Serong all finding excellent form at the right time of the year.

Wow. 53,816 people there tonight to show support for Mundy and the rest of the boys. That's more than the Josh Kennedy send off game of 50,117.

Well done, Freo faithful!:freo: I wish I could have been there!

It was a heated, messy game and we did enough to get the win. Top 4 still a chance.

Let's smack those Giants next week.

Not sure if it's been posted anyway but brayshaws gf saying what we're all thinking
was ******* ridiculous how many times Nelson would hold onto him, tackle him without the ball or just ******* sit on him for nothing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back